The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa Calls On Canucks Fans To Be Louder

hockeyville88

Road fans are almost always better because you have the natural back and forth competitive cheering between both sets of fans. There's just about no better pre-game news then to hear there is gonna be a bunch of the road teams fans in the building if you like a lively atmosphere.

with the music thats played at rogers arena it seems like the organization doesnt want fans to cheer. There's rarely pump up music or make some noise banners showing up on the big screen any more. Or what about the fan loudness meter??

Fair enough on your previous post. Just seems to be a lot of butt hurt fans mad at Bieksas play then somehow linking that to this issue.

I will say on this post it should be obvious that management has asked the D to push harder.

If people really stopped to think about It Bieksa has hardly been bad. If Bieksa could put together 40+ points and play flawless D we'd be paying him a ton more than 4.6mil.

Management is pushing more O from the D and the D side is suffering. I have no issue with this as it can be easily reversed.

Good on Kevin! I've been saying this for years. I wish somehow we could remove all these losers that go to games, and give other people in line a chance to buy seasons, people that dont live downtown, have Canucks jerseys, actual hardcore fans, this way people can cheer together and no one will give bad looks. I go to 6-7 games a year through a contractor at work, our section is non alcoholic but me and my gf cheer our brains out, boo players that deserved to be booed, swear at retarded penalty calls against us. I want rowdies everywhere in that arena. I also cant stand people who bring 2 years old to games then ask you to be quiet cause of them, im at a game of my favorite team I live and breathe, no I will not be quiet. The last 3 years ive already had some choice words for season ticket holders, they know theyre a joke and theyll remember who I am. Cant wait til playoffs!! If you're sitting behind me, good luck getting me to be quiet, aint gonna happen, gotta be loud for the boys!!!

for all the people making excuses: i dont care if your dad has been a fan since 1969. atmosphere makes a huge difference during the game, so sorry dad, its partly your fault if the building isnt energized. i know heading to the library always hypes me up. :sadno:

as someone that lives far away and is excitable, i wonder if id be told to shut up at my first game.

Has a lot to do with who can afford to go to the games these days. In Van, going to a game is the hip thing to do, not everyone is there because they like hockey.

Same problem down here in LA, Kings games are almost always sold out but the Staples crowd is all execs. entertaining clients or corporate season tickets through work.

I miss the Pacific coliseum and even the Great western Forum, totally different crowds at those venues.

The REAL fans make it work somehow regardless of price....

I've paid much more than that after saving for like 3 months ($192.50) for literally the last seat in the arena in the very top row behind the visitor net here in the 'Peg. And you know what?

Worth. Every. Penny.

Good on Kevin! I've been saying this for years. I wish somehow we could remove all these losers that go to games, and give other people in line a chance to buy seasons, people that dont live downtown, have Canucks jerseys, actual hardcore fans, this way people can cheer together and no one will give bad looks. I go to 6-7 games a year through a contractor at work, our section is non alcoholic but me and my gf cheer our brains out, boo players that deserved to be booed, swear at retarded penalty calls against us. I want rowdies everywhere in that arena. I also cant stand people who bring 2 years old to games then ask you to be quiet cause of them, im at a game of my favorite team I live and breathe, no I will not be quiet. The last 3 years ive already had some choice words for season ticket holders, they know theyre a joke and theyll remember who I am. Cant wait til playoffs!! If you're sitting behind me, good luck getting me to be quiet, aint gonna happen, gotta be loud for the boys!!!

The Jets games are crazy. There's a reason that the Jets have one of the best home records in the league, and it's not just because of their roster. The energy of the crowd definitely fuels the emotion of the team, and that can go a long way in determining the outcome of the game.

The REAL fans make it work somehow regardless of price....

I've paid much more than that after saving for like 3 months ($192.50) for literally the last seat in the arena in the very top row behind the visitor net here in the 'Peg. And you know what?

Worth. Every. Penny.

:frantic:What you see below is something I posted in the wrong forum but someone told me

where to post it so here it is . . .

Guess we haven't got too many real fans do we?

WELL let me tell you something. I sit in the LOWER BOWL and I CHEER and then I get GLARED at. So, then I cheer louder and I tell people to stay home, watch it on TV and give your tickets away to the REAL FANS!

Try going to a game in WINNIPEG or NEW YORK! They have the most unbelievable fans you could imagine. I feel sorry for our players.

you cant compare the jest crowd to anyone else, think how loud people would cheer in vancouver if the canucks moved away for and then came back years later. The place would be insane. If jets fans are the same in 5 years then i will be suprised

Archived