The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa Calls On Canucks Fans To Be Louder

hockeyville88

I'm hitting up a game soon and usually sit in the nosebleeds where the crowd is alot louder, but ponied up the moolah to sit in the lower bowl, good seats too. I'm going to pay homage to either Ridley or Bones awesome goalie mask work in a face painting by my girlfriend & most likely cheering on our boys to a win. Who cares what the suits think when cheering on the Canucks!! Yeahhhhhhhhhhh

^^^^^^^^AGREE AS WELL^^^^^^^^^ I have been to nearly all Jets games, and it is absolutely crazy. Watching that same team on the road is an absolute snoozefest. If it were not for the the jacked crowd at the MTS Centre, I strongly believe the Jets would be dead last in the league. Their road record is horrendous. They have no player over 60 points, so to Canucks fans who say, "well the team isn't scoring, so Bieksa and the Canucks have to give us something to cheer for." Well guess what? Jets fans are cheering and they aren't scoring nearly as much as the Canucks. Yes, the Jets are new, so maybe this is just infatuation right now. However, I believe it is a lot more than that. "You don't know what you got till it's gone." And that's where Winnipeg is at. The Jets left once before, and the fans will do everything in their part to make sure it doesn't happen again. Majority of the Canucks season ticket holders, on the other hand, have grown accustomed to always having a team, and therefore take it for granted. And to the dolt on here who said that he would rather pay attention to the game rather then cheer, you're an idiot. Whether you sit quietly or cheer, that doesn't mean you are not paying attention nor that you know more about hockey then someone who cheers nonstop. The Winnipeg fanbase is just as knowledgable about the NHL then fans in other markets, we are just louder.

Just to agree with most people, it is the suits. Any road game i've been too the Canucks fans are out in full force and vocal at the rink. Why? Because we actually want to be there, have jerseys on, and paid for our tickets.

Besides the noise, watching on tv my biggest pet peeve is the lack of jerseys.

Dear Bieksa,

As much as I respect you as a hockey player, you need to shut up. You are blessed to be playing a game which you make an overabundance of money to perform for....paying customers. Customers that FILL YOUR STADIUM every single game whether it's suits or beer swilling clavens it matters not.

While you play out the remainder of meaningless games before the real season begins, please do try to keep in mind that working customers continue to fork over their hard earned dollars doing "real" jobs, and continue to put their bums in ownerships over-priced seats to watch you "entertain" them. If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion...try actually DOING something to get them excited! Seems to me that you're blessed to be playing in a very intelligent hockey market where your customers know what to get excited about.

In conclusion my dear friend, might I equate your current plight to the fact that your team is not playing with any emotion, not playing good hockey right now, not doing the things necessary to win the battles within the games (let alone the games themselves), thus your customers are also not overly amused/excited/passionate about the product their paying to see right now. Action/reaction sir. You, as an entertainer, do not have the right to question your audience about your poor performance when they show their not liking what they are paying to see. Put on a good show, you'll have the response you so desire.

Athletes and politicians...sometimes you just want to go postal.

It matters not whether Willes approached him or not. He still offered up his opinion, and how he responded is the real issue. Why should it matter on the how, when it is the what that is assinine and out of line.

I mean, it's not like they don't ever spew out the occionsional "it is what it is".....We all have brains. Well most of us anyways.

Is playing like crap for Bieksa being on pace for 45 points w/ a +13? It would actually think this was above normal play for him. More importantly, if the forwards were playing like they were last year, I'd argue that Bieksa would be on pace for around 50-55 points.

Seems to me that Bieksa is far from the problem in the Canucks dressing room.

I like Bieksa for the most part but this quote bothers me:

Bieksa, for his part, acknowledges all these things but he also made an appeal to the faithful.

“A lot time when you’re down in the game or you’re going through a lull in the second period, the crowd can give the team a boost. We’ve got to be working together here. We both want the same thing which is the Stanley Cup. So we’ll work for you if you work for us.”

I'm sorry but it is not the crowd's responsibility to motivate the team and players. Sure its a nice bonus if it happens but I'm sorry Kevin you should be working for us regardless of wether or not we are working for you.

There are more important things than points. While he is having a really good offensive year his defence has vanished in the last month again and he's been making some really suspect decisions regarding pinching, and defensive converages. I'm not hating on him but he was playing far better earlier in the year. I will admit the whole team has looked horrible so it might be unfair to single K.B. be out but I have noticed him lately, and not in a good way.

There are more important things than points. While he is having a really good offensive year his defence has vanished in the last month again and he's been making some really suspect decisions regarding pinching, and defensive converages. I'm not hating on him but he was playing far better earlier in the year. I will admit the whole team has looked horrible so it might be unfair to single K.B. be out but I have noticed him lately, and not in a good way.

Archived