The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Should It Be......

spencer1717

People always talk about how hard Raymond backchecks, but the reason he's doing it is usually because he has just fallen down on his own in the offensive zone and turned the puck over, which he now needs to get back.

I'm trying with out much success to pinpoint some consistancy from Alain V. on sitting or benching players. Early in Cody Hodgsons career if he put out one bad shift we all saw him sitting, sometimes for the entire third period. We all know how Ballard has ridden the pine. Can someone please explain why Raymond gets differential treatment?

Rather than cycle him up and down the lines, making them less effective in my opinion, why not sit him for a game or two. Maybe try kassian with the Sedins ? When you sit a few games it's amazing how hard you work when you come back. That goes from minor hockey to beer league to NHL.

Sedin/ Sedin/ Kassian

Booth/ kesler/ higgins

Hansen/ Paulsen/ Burrows

Wiese/ Lapierre/ Malholtra

I'm trying with out much success to pinpoint some consistancy from Alain V. on sitting or benching players. Early in Cody Hodgsons career if he put out one bad shift we all saw him sitting, sometimes for the entire third period. We all know how Ballard has ridden the pine. Can someone please explain why Raymond gets differential treatment?

Rather than cycle him up and down the lines, making them less effective in my opinion, why not sit him for a game or two. Maybe try kassian with the Sedins ? When you sit a few games it's amazing how hard you work when you come back. That goes from minor hockey to beer league to NHL.

Sedin/ Sedin/ Kassian

Booth/ kesler/ higgins

Hansen/ Paulsen/ Burrows

Wiese/ Lapierre/ Malholtra

see I hear what youre saying, but my take on it is that something like that may "work" for some players, but with Raymond, I just simply dont know if he has any more to give.. by all means he should be benched at this point, NOT promoted to the first line and put out in the dying minutes of a 1 goal game.. i cant and wont understand av's logic here because it illogical imo..

im just getting a sense that raymond has one speed.. hes proven that he is unable to elevate his game to that other level in the playoffs and is already weak during the regular season.

Bench raymond all you want.. at most he will come back and have a marginally stronger game or two, but I have no doubts that he will end up going right back to how he has been before, playing the perimeter, taking low percentage shots that any goalie in the world will stop, and falling over along the boards or when there is a slight breeze that blows past him.

I'm starting to think that the back injury has really taken a toll on poor Mase - did he fall all the time before the injury? I'm thinking that maybe his core strength took a huge hit while he was recovering in that brace.

Just my 2 cents

I'm starting to think that the back injury has really taken a toll on poor Mase - did he fall all the time before the injury? I'm thinking that maybe his core strength took a huge hit while he was recovering in that brace.

Just my 2 cents and yes I know it's in the wrong thread

Archived