The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Pgt] Coyotes @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

If anyone thinks Raymond with the Sedins is a serious line, it's not.

I think this is AV's last ditch effort to try and get Raymond going, and so far it didn't work. I'd give him one more game to get something going on the top line, and if he can't, I think it's time to go to the pressbox for the forseeable future.

It sucks that we don't have another real option for the Sedin line, because Burrows on the third line works really good I think. Too bad Bitz was sent back so soon, he looked like he could be a fit.

AV put Raymond with two guys who were deader than doornails and they get three points for the first time since Jesus learned to walk water. How is that Raymond's fault? I say that makes him a slump buster for the Sedin's. Maybe now we can sew him to one of Luo's pads and turn Luo into a goalie.

People should just boycott the game on saturday if the nucks and coaching staff don't think that it matters. The team is playing completely emotionless...I cant remember seeing a hit in the third period.

Lou- well we all know he's done...his head and ability to hold the team in..when Bisonnette states that after the first goal the team realized they should just throw it to the the net and go for rebounds...which worked tells everyone what I've been saying forever, he has poor rebound control..its cost the nucks in the past and will again...Schneids vacuums up pucks, Lou is like a pinball machine..

AV - burying a kid with size when you're missing size and intensity makes sense

AV - playing Lou when he's been playing like garbage and your backup has been standing on his head..makes sense...we're not a charity, the point is to win. Interesting AV's comment after the game, that "sometimes you need your goaltender to stand in there and hold the fort - ie not how many saves, its when, again something I've been saying over and over. Its time for AV to play the better player simple

AV - Raymond - getting ice / promoted from playing poorly....sure try and get him going...but come on...last minute? vs having booth, higgins, or even hansen on? please wtf?

AV - continuing to state players earn their ice time when Lou, Raymond, continue to see ice when Schnieds, Hodgson when he was here, Higgins, Booth. Burr sit and watch?

Perhaps AV's hypocrisy is finally hitting the players...you can't claim you earn then play favorites. And if you think the players don't see Lou letting in garbage and think oh here we go again, and why aren't we playing schnieds, and why is ray on the first line and getting the last minute, just because in public they say otherwise....well think again.

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Tanev

Ballard Rome

That's not that bad. Of course we need Ballard to come back healthy.

I think if any team loses a top 4 defenceman they're going to suffer. Canucks fans just got spoiled last season by having 6 top 4 defenceman. Most teams don't have that.

Archived