The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Pgt] Coyotes @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Watch Bieksa, Edler and Hamhuis's play tonight was horrific, Yeah Luu didn;t play well but I would blame our Defence way before I would blame him.

He made some decent saves after the Coyotes 5th goal, needed those save sooner though.

I liked the third line and I though Raymond had his moments but the Sedins had a good game tonight and I felt like they might have got more with someone else with them, Im also tired of Bieksa constently getting a free pass, hes been the worst of our top 4 D-men this year, atleast in my opinion.

What next games line up should be:

Danie l- Henrik - Kassian

Higgins - Kesler - Booth

Burrows - Pahlsson - Hansen

Malhotra - Lapierre - Weise

Edler-Salo

Hamuis-Gragnani

Tanev-Bieksa

Schnieder to start.

Canucks didn't have 6 top four defensemen last season, they had 4 for most of the season - and 5 for most of the playoffs. Ballard is not a top 4 defensemen on this team, not even close. But you're right, even 5 top 4 defensemen was a luxury. But that was last yr.

This yr, I guess you could argue Canucks have 4 top four defensemen. IMO, they only have 3. A big part of being a top 4 d-man is the ability to eat between 21-25 mins a night. Salo can barely eat 19. If Salo gets injured (or struggles playing with Edler), we've yet to see a partner for Edler that works (other than Sulz, but he was traded).

People should just boycott the game on saturday if the nucks and coaching staff don't think that it matters. The team is playing completely emotionless...I cant remember seeing a hit in the third period.

Lou- well we all know he's done...his head and ability to hold the team in..when Bisonnette states that after the first goal the team realized they should just throw it to the the net and go for rebounds...which worked tells everyone what I've been saying forever, he has poor rebound control..its cost the nucks in the past and will again...Schneids vacuums up pucks, Lou is like a pinball machine..

I'm glad we looked dangerous offensively so at least we showed our guys can light the lamp when we get crisp passing. I saw more tape-to-tape passes with speed tonight than the last 6 games combined. Very pleased to see those again.

As mentioned many times before in this thread, our D-pairings shouldn't be juggled so much. Like any line, there needs to be well established communication between the two guys. Bieksa was in wonderland on many occasions tonight. The 3-on-1 opportunity Bieksa lead pretty much said it all.

Sedins just don't seem to have chemistry with Raymond. The twins don't usually drive the net so why would you want a perimeter player as the go-to guy to put the finishing touches to their hard work? I'm hoping AV doesn't keep that line.

Luongo was out of position all night and his rebound control was horrible. I hope he works it out soon. Some of the goals weren't his fault. Not much a goalie can do with so many clear-cut odd man rushes.

Nice to see Kesler getting some good one-timers. He could bomb it from the point too:)

I would love to see him there right now, we really need it. Bieksa has been sloppy for quite awhile, hes really good (better than Bally for sure) but In all honesty I think Ballard has been more Consistent than Bieksa this year, And thats saying alot considering Bieksa has been on our top pair and Bally has been in the press box at times.

If Bieksa wasn't such a big leader on this team he would have been in the press box atleast once this year.

My favourite quote was "Raymond tripped over the hash marks"

In the first 2 mins of the game, Raymond managed to go offside, turn the puck over the first time anyone touched him, and skate up the boards.

In the middle period he fell over 2 times.

In the third period, he managed to get ONE takeaway, only to literally pass it back to a PHX defender.

and then, with one minute left, he's the extra attacker.

WHY. Never mind that he played 5 on 5 with the Sedins. Never mind even that he was the 6th man. HE WAS ON THE POWER PLAY!?!?!?!

Okay, so he played 5 on 5 and his linemates got points when he wasn't there to touch the puck and ruin the play, and then he got power play time, and only ruined everything he touched... SO THEN HE GOES OUT IN THE LAST MINUTE?!!?

Burrows gets a goal immediately by DRIVING THE NET and played a great game, so he DOESN'T go back with the sedins?

UUUGGGHH

Although I must say, Burrows Pahlsson Hansen was a dominant third line, I really like that and the Higgins Kesler Booth Line. I'd like to see Kassian with the sedins for line 1 and leave lapierre/malhotra/bitz for line four. This team would enter beast mode again.

Okay here's my take

GOOD

PP. Looks much better compared to the last few games.

Offence. Dominated the offensive zone, and created lots of chances. Good to see the Sedins get some points. Hopefully this will get them going.

2nd line. Love Higgins-Kes-Booth. Amex line has been our best line thse last few weeks.

3rd line looked great.

BAD

AV- I give him credit for trying to get something going on the offensive end, but he made sme poor decisions. For one, switching up the D pairings. That did not go well. Especially the Edler- Bieksa pairing. Never split up Hamhuis and Bieksa, because Hamhuis makes Bieksa look way better than he is. Tonight showed how much he relies on Hamhuis to bail hm out. Secondly, not yanking Luongo after he failed miserably for 2 periods.

PK- struggled tonight, especially considering the Coyotes are the worst PP team in the league.

UGLY

Bieksa- One of the worst games he's ever played. That says a lot because he's had some bad ones through the years. Blown coverage, bad pinches,bad play on that critical 3 on 1 and a stupid penalty in the offensive end of the ice which led to the winning goal.

Luongo- I am so done with him. I've tried to give him a chance. I've kept my mouth shut about him as much as I could this season, but I have close to zero faith in him. When Luongo is good, he is good. When he's bad, he's brutal. He's going through a rough stretch, but giving up 4 + goals in 4 straight starts is unacceptble.

Defense- Like I said, bad decision by AV to mix our pairings. Tanev was the lone bright spot. Everyone else= fail.

Blown lead- Why.... why.... why??? This is a reaccuring theme with this team. They cannot take their foot off the gas after scoring the first goal or two. :picard:

Please start Schenider against Columbus. Man I'm telling you, if we lose to Columbus..... :sadno:

Archived