The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Pgt] Coyotes @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

The chances of a deep run might also being lowered with Luongo in net. Maybe Luongo shouldnt be the one in goal? He has more experience but going with the hot hand means something too, its not unheard of the play back-ups as starters in the play-offs. If he sucks until the end of the season while Schneider continues to outplay him why does Luongo have to automatically get the call? Luongo can sit out a few games at least as a wake up call so the team as a whole can get better and get on the right track going into the play-offs

Because Schneider hasn't won a game in the playoffs, and it's a whole nother set of nerves to compete in the playoffs.

I would like to think that his cool calm demeanor would allow him to step into a situation like that and perform. But it's pretty uncertain right now.

Name a team that all of a sudden went with their backup right before playoffs and went on to win the cup?

Remember how everyone kept saying how awful Ballard was? That he would have mental lapses.

Bieksa is absolutely NOTHING without Hamhuis.

They're the exact same players, offensive more than defensive and they take risks. But at this moment, I would rather have Ballard because he will bring it physically and stand up for teammates. You just know other teams are going to try to push around the Sedins, Burrows, and even Kes. At least Ballard will fight and try to protect his teammates.

Because Schneider hasn't won a game in the playoffs, and it's a whole nother set of nerves to compete in the playoffs.

I would like to think that his cool calm demeanor would allow him to step into a situation like that and perform. But it's pretty uncertain right now.

Name a team that all of a sudden went with their backup right before playoffs and went on to win the cup?

Well if we have to use Luongo for the playoffs, sitting out Luongo at least a few games before the PO's could also help get him on track because he needs to feel some sense of competition for his spot to keep him on his toes. I also wouldnt be opposed to at least trying Schneider a game or two in the PO's to see how he does. Whoever performs better should get the job, that's the bottom line.

Well if we have to use Luongo for the playoffs, sitting out Luongo at least a few games before the PO's could also help get him on track because he needs to feel some sense of competition for his spot to keep him on his toes. I also wouldnt be opposed to at least trying Schneider a game or two in the PO's to see how he does. Whoever performs better should get the job, that's the bottom line.

quite a sloppy game all around, way too many odd man rushes, poor second chance coverage.

nice to see slump line broke the slump, hank 2nd scorer for nux all time.

lui needs to play better, but there were a few weird ones that I wouldn't pin it on him. bottom line, can't win often if you give up 5.

positives: offense and PP got going.

negatives: PK and swiss cheese D.

must win next gm, vs worst team in the league. Have to bring their A gm and get in to the habit of winning.

AV on post game show when asked how he thought Raymond played with the Sedins:

"That line spent a lot of time in the Phoenix end and had a lot of quality play" (paraphrase) :rolleyes:

Raymond -1

0 points

that little experiment better be over.

But seriously, how many times do the boys have to score 5 or more goals in order to win?

Its not that Lu can't make a "Great Save Luongo!" as good or better than any other, its that, without warning, he can't make an NHL average save when he needs to.

I know Schneids is a great goalie but say Lu falters in the playoffs, does Schneids have the endurance to play every game when his NHL experience consists of playing 1 in 5 games? my concern is that his current rhythm is set to playing once in a few days. Will he be able to adapt to playing every 2 days during the most pressure time?

Well then...you've got to feel for AV right now no? Here we watch our Canucks pond hockey their way through the remaining regular season games that have absolutely zero meaning and hold no emotional value to the players themselves.

AV's tossed salad line changes was his attempt to "try" to get his team motivated. I'd say the offensive line juggling worked like a charm, with all four lines looking good. Third line was a beast all night long, and nobody from the first line got assassinated. Heck, I think Raymond only fell down three times on his own last night (ok please don't mention how many times he gave away the puck at the blue line. Dammit, this is a "the sky is blue" post!) and the Sedins were showing a pulse again. Truth of the matter is though, nobody on the team is interested in playing defense right now. No forwards are coming back on a regular basis, nobody is throwing hits with consistency, and when Tanev looks like the next Lidstrom on a nightly basis you know AV's laughing. Not from being in a good mood...oh no, slow insanity cometh.

Ah but fear not. This Canuck team lacks nothing in the forumn of confidence. Once the "real" season begins, you can rest assured they will magically find their system, their percise passing, their stellar defensive play, and they will swear to a man that a closed door players only meeting brought about this stellar paradigm shift. Have faith nuckleheads, and feel pity for those that shell out their money to watch the remaining home games in this regular season. Long as no players call out the fans for not getting overly excited to pay to watch what basically equates to pond hockey, I think we'll all come out of this ok! Oh...wait...

Dammit Bieksa!

Archived