The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Pgt] Coyotes @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

You're going to blame Luongo on that goal? How?

Someone made a retarded pinch, leaving Bieksa by himself on the 3-on-1. Bieksa really f*cked up the play, as he neither blocked the shooting lane nor the passing lane. He also wound up on his arse, waving his stick blindly.

Doan had literally about 10 seconds all by himself. It was him vs Luongo, and Doan out waited him and the refs were also able to spot the puck through 3 bodies.

I have been saying we are softer than ever. We don't do fore-checking hitting anymore, which was our strength that let us won so many games. And we never cleared the net of enemy players; That Doan goal was the perfect example.

We traded for Kassian to be a much tougher team. However we now play softer than when we had Hodgson.

If the next game we don't come out fore-check hitting and don't carpet bomb the front of our own net I don't like our chances in the playoffs.

Sedins should have Kassian/Bitz rotating from here on in now that the Raymond experiment has failed.

They should also be the 2nd or 3rd line at this point. The lack of body they play should automatically make their winger a power forward that can hit, scrap and have a clue in own end.

Having 3 small pacifist forwards on the ice at the same time is the recipe for disaster or simply put AV's strategy of late.

Luongo's got the playoffs coming up so he's just practising his massive rebounds and flops so he's ready in time.

(Did see a couple solids though, one glove save in peticular )

Had to disagree with Valk last night when he said they gotta go with Luongo in the playoffs.

You go with the hottest goalie because goalies win Stanley Cups.

Because if Luongo doesn't get going before the end of the season, our chances of going on another deep run are going to be lowered significantly.

I know Canucks fans like to think that Schneider could just step in and lead us all the way. but that hasn't been proven at all yet. That is just as uncertain as Luongo regaining his form from last seasons playoffs.

Right now it's not about winning, it's more about getting everyone in our lineup at the level they need to be to win in the playoffs. And as of right now, Luongo isn't there yet, so he needs more games to get back on track.

Because if Luongo doesn't get going before the end of the season, our chances of going on another deep run are going to be lowered significantly.

I know Canucks fans like to think that Schneider could just step in and lead us all the way. but that hasn't been proven at all yet. That is just as uncertain as Luongo regaining his form from last seasons playoffs.

Right now it's not about winning, it's more about getting everyone in our lineup at the level they need to be to win in the playoffs. And as of right now, Luongo isn't there yet, so he needs more games to get back on track.

Ive been waiting to say this since July 1st of 2010.

I cannot wait to see Keith Ballard on the ice.

Also: If Kassian is not on the third line with Pahlsson and Hansen, then AV needs to go find himself a new job.

The kid has NO role on this team. He isnt a fighting goon. He has HANDS. He isnt a plug. He may as well be in the AHL right now playing with Schroeds.

He can hit and be exponentially more effective in a bigger role- we saw that when he was put with kesler and booth.

By putting him on the third line, he will hone his defensive awareness-skills, as well as receive much more playing time. A growth hormone for next season where he will have a larger role.

Mason Raymond is done in Vancouver. If he is in the lineup next game, its over. The thing that makes this team so much shi*ttier than last year's, is that very few people have designated roles.

Last year the Sedins were on. Burrows was on. 1st line set.

Kesler was beasting 24/7-365, so he eclipsed any problems on the second line.

Torres-Malhotra-Hansen was biblical.

4th line, although revolving door of wingers, was still effective.

This year, we have 2 centers on the fourth, both of whom should be on the third, but Pahlsson needs to be on the third, Kassian's potential and skill is going to waste on the fourth line, and Raymond sticks out like a sore thumb.

This is the lineup I truly believe we need to ice for Game 1 of the Playoffs:

Daniel Sedin-Henrik Sedin-Alex Burrows

David Booth-Ryan Kesler- Chris Higgins

Zack Kassian-Sammy Pahlsson-Jannik Hansen

Byron Bitz-Maxim Lapierre-Dale Weise

Malhotra will be around the team.

Raymond to the press box.

Dan Hamhuis-Kevin Bieksa

Alex Edler-Sami Salo

Keith Ballard-Chris Tanev

And goaltending:

Cory Schneider as starter. Luongo as backup.

The Canucks will not win a cup with luongo in net. Since last year's game 7 SCF loss, I think ive been in shock. I havent bashed on lu at all this season. I think the numbness of the SCF loss has finally almost worn off. He cannot clutch at all. Dont give me the BS "SHARP SAVE IN GAME 7" etc etc.

Game 3,4,6,7 of STANLEY CUP FINALS.

Olympic Gold?

Blowing the lead to Slovakia, and almost losing there.

Allowing the US to crawl back.

Hawks part 1

Hawks part 2

Anaheim Ducks "referee luongo"

Please for crying out loud, look at his REGULAR SEASON STATS.

Guys, Luongo is done in this city. He is finished. There is nothing left. Yes, he is a step above any of the goaltenders we had prior to him, but he isnt a cup winning goalie.

Its time you opened your eyes. I cannot believe that people's memories are so short. Just think back to all the softies of the Nashville series. All the demoralizing goals. Everything.

Rather than pander to Lu"s needs and wants, I would like to see AV have the balls to put the team first and handle the goalies like Boston does.

i.e. Boston's last game...Turco starts; lets in some stinkers - gets pulled in favour of Thomas; Thomas lets in a couple softies - he gets pulled and Turco is back in.

Archived