The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Pgt] Coyotes @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

few things:

-1st round exit- Not an over reaction, just the truth that I think we need to face. Something feels wrong, and even when we win, I still find myself questioning the lineup. Doesnt feel complete

-IF we want to be able to make any noise in the playoffs, let Schneider start playing now, to A) earn the number 1 role, B) motivate luongo

-maybe a first round exit would be good. End of the luongo+AV era. Some fresh new blood. I'm afraid to say that I think this Era of the Canucks may indeed be over

-Burrows, Higgins, Kesler, Booth, Hansen, Lapierre, Pahlsson, Hamhuis.

These are the players that are battling even when the going gets tough.

Kassian needs a bigger role, weise was innefective (zomg 1 good hit zomg!), the sedin act is stale and raymond is probably the worst hockey player that has been on this teams roster in the last 3 years.

the canucks look a bit better than the last few games. i mean they actually look like they are trying a bit through three periods. i think now the problem is with the d and the goaltending. 22 goals in five games is pretty bad and lu should step up his play and should carry his team through games like this which he has done in the past (game in colorado). anyways we better not get upset by the bj's cuz if our d plays like tonite, it could rlly happen. then again an embarrassment on national tv mite b gud to shake up our team

I wanna hear AV explain his bonehead decisions tonight. This loss is solely on him.

- Schneider SHOULD have started - it's common sense

- the d-pairings SHOULD have went back to normal after they failed for 2 periods

- Raymond SHOULD not be playing, at all.

- Kassian benched for the 3rd game.

Canucks have become Philly a la 1 month ago - have to outscore their brutal goaltending and swiss cheese D. Unlike Philly, Canucks have the pieces to change that, but AV refuses to use them.

The goods -- 3rd line, Sedins hit the score sheet, 2nd line still looks great.

Canucks now 5 losses in 7 games since the trade.

Again, I'll say this and you can all go back to bashing Lu (not that it isn't somewhat warranted tonight) but I'm just going to look at positives of what team needs to do for playoffs, we're locked in 2nd.

Power play? Looked deadly tonight. Scored twice. Offense? Still needs some tweaks but it definitely got going.

These are good things. Step at a time the D will come next and then so will the play in net. I'm actually not that upset.

well Edler - Bieksa didn't look good together (the pairings' lack of chemistry was so evident out there even in the first, when both Juice and Eddie were covering the right side and Klesla walked in and sniped one by Lu; bring back the old pairings!)

at least Hank and Danny put up points again...

Archived