The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Pgt] Coyotes @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

I find it unfair , that you have to attack other players in order to defend one player. This is the Dan Cloutier situation happening again. The sedins are struggling yes, but nothing is worst then 16 goals being allowed in the past 4 games. If a team allows 16 goals in 4 games, chances are, they lost all of them. I don't even know how you can blame the players on this one. To score 4 goals in one night, is real good. To score 4 against Phoenix is very good, because they are defensive deticated. But allow 5 goals from Phoneix is very bad. To allow 16 goals in the past 4 games, horrible.

FAILING TO KEEP THE GAME CLOSE FOR YOUR TEAM TO TIE IT UP IS QUITE BAD

LETTING THE OTHER TEAM TAKE A 2 GOAL LEAD, 4 STRAIGHT GAMES, VERY BAD

LETTING THE OTHER TEAM A 3 GOAL LEAD 3 GAMES IN A ROW, SUPER BAD!

WE HAD NO CHANCE TO WIN. IT'S NEVER SAY DIE IN HOCKEY,B UT THE TEAM WILL FEEL DEJECTED ONCE DOWN BY 2. BEING RANKED 18TH IN SAVE PERCENTAGE IN THE LEAUGE IS NOT IMPRESSIVE! THERE ARE 30 NUMBER 1 GOALIES IN THE LEAUGE, HES 18TH! HES BLOW AVERAGE! YOUR ARGUEMENT IS WEAK

Even though we lost, I like looking at some of the positives from that game, our offense stepped up a lot this game, there were parts of that game where the Canucks seemed to control a lot of the flow of the game, something that seemed to be missing a lot of in the previous games, so it's good to see some signs of life from the team and hopefully they can build off that and get closer to what we all know they are capable of.

The biggest issue I had while watching the game was when I would keep seeing Raymond out with the Sedins. I understand the line shuffling, and maybe hoping that Raymond can get something going while playing with the Sedins, he really seemed to be a liability most of the time he was on the ice. He had a glorious chance for a breakaway early in the first period, but wasn't able to handle the pass, and from then on his game deteriorated. I did see a couple plays he made that didn't result in turnovers but I seemed to see a far greater amount that did. Did anyone else notice that during the 1st intermission when they were talking about the line shuffling, they showed clips of raymond during the 1st period and it went something like this: He misses the breakaway pass, he get's rubbed off the puck, he turns the puck over in the neutral zone, he stands near the Canucks net as the Coyotes score/celebrate one of the goals. I really feel like he needed to be moved off the line for someone else, the even strength goal that was scored while the sedins were on the ice was when Hamhuis jumped into the play, going to where the 3rd forward should be but was nowhere to be seen.

BTW OP that clip is amazing :D

If anyone thinks Raymond with the Sedins is a serious line, it's not.

I think this is AV's last ditch effort to try and get Raymond going, and so far it didn't work. I'd give him one more game to get something going on the top line, and if he can't, I think it's time to go to the pressbox for the forseeable future.

It sucks that we don't have another real option for the Sedin line, because Burrows on the third line works really good I think. Too bad Bitz was sent back so soon, he looked like he could be a fit.

So the failure to pick up a right d-man at trade deadline was exposed tonight.

What happens when Edler-Salo struggle, or Salo gets injured? AV has to break up Ham-Juice pairing, so Juice can play with Edler.

Rome/Alberts can't play with Edler (we've seen that experiment fail), and Tanev looks good but AV doesn't trust him to eat big mins. The only guy who has looked good with Edler, well, that guy was traded on Feb 27.

So now we see Juice-Edler also look horrible, what happens if Salo goes down? Canucks are screwed pretty much, right?

It's just to bad Ballard is injured. A Ballard Tanev pairing would look good right about now. For Saturdays game I think Gragnani should be taken out of the lineup and either give Alberts a shot or put Rome back on the 3rd D pairing. At least we were winning with Rome in the lineup.

So the failure to pick up a right d-man at trade deadline was exposed tonight.

What happens when Edler-Salo struggle, or Salo gets injured? AV has to break up Ham-Juice pairing, so Juice can play with Edler.

Rome/Alberts can't play with Edler (we've seen that experiment fail), and Tanev looks good but AV doesn't trust him to eat big mins. The only guy who has looked good with Edler, well, that guy was traded on Feb 27.

So now we see Juice-Edler also look horrible, what happens if Salo goes down? Canucks are screwed pretty much, right?

Archived