Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

[Pgt] Coyotes @ Canucks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
335 replies to this topic

#271 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,135 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:12 AM

quite a sloppy game all around, way too many odd man rushes, poor second chance coverage.

nice to see slump line broke the slump, hank 2nd scorer for nux all time.

lui needs to play better, but there were a few weird ones that I wouldn't pin it on him. bottom line, can't win often if you give up 5.

positives: offense and PP got going.
negatives: PK and swiss cheese D.

must win next gm, vs worst team in the league. Have to bring their A gm and get in to the habit of winning.
Posted Image

#272 Serendipity

Serendipity

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

I forgot Cam Ward did it in 05/06, so I take that back. It has been done recently.

Not sure if Dryden was a backup.

More recently, Antii Niemi took over for Cristobal Huet when the Hawks won.

#273 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:29 AM

Because Schneider hasn't won a game in the playoffs, and it's a whole nother set of nerves to compete in the playoffs.

I would like to think that his cool calm demeanor would allow him to step into a situation like that and perform. But it's pretty uncertain right now.

Name a team that all of a sudden went with their backup right before playoffs and went on to win the cup?

Didn't Osgood do that in Detroit after Hasek failed? wasn't even before the playoffs, it was first round.

Didn't Roy get famous doing that his rookie year?

I think its been done before.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#274 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,054 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:34 AM

Didn't Osgood do that in Detroit after Hasek failed? wasn't even before the playoffs, it was first round.

Didn't Roy get famous doing that his rookie year?

I think its been done before.

Osgood and Roy started more games then they didn't in those seasons, so I wouldn't exactly call them backups.

But, yea they did "steal" the job from a veteran and carried their teams to the cup.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#275 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:22 AM

Posted Image
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#276 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:53 AM

AV on post game show when asked how he thought Raymond played with the Sedins:
"That line spent a lot of time in the Phoenix end and had a lot of quality play" (paraphrase) :rolleyes:

Raymond -1
0 points

that little experiment better be over.

But seriously, how many times do the boys have to score 5 or more goals in order to win?
Its not that Lu can't make a "Great Save Luongo!" as good or better than any other, its that, without warning, he can't make an NHL average save when he needs to.

nearly 1/2 of the forwards had -1...................so what. I suppose Raymonds -1 is more of a minus than Kesler, Higgins and the Sedins -1's
Kevin.jpg

#277 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

Question, why did Raymond fall during the 2nd period? No one is near him and it's not momentum. Could it be a gust of air from a faulty airconditioning?

Probably the same thing that causes the puck to be glued to Booth's stick ...........all the way up the ice until he bangs into something/someone.
Kevin.jpg

#278 badbeatjackpot

badbeatjackpot

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:19 AM

I know Schneids is a great goalie but say Lu falters in the playoffs, does Schneids have the endurance to play every game when his NHL experience consists of playing 1 in 5 games? my concern is that his current rhythm is set to playing once in a few days. Will he be able to adapt to playing every 2 days during the most pressure time?

#279 Dak72

Dak72

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

Well then...you've got to feel for AV right now no? Here we watch our Canucks pond hockey their way through the remaining regular season games that have absolutely zero meaning and hold no emotional value to the players themselves.

AV's tossed salad line changes was his attempt to "try" to get his team motivated. I'd say the offensive line juggling worked like a charm, with all four lines looking good. Third line was a beast all night long, and nobody from the first line got assassinated. Heck, I think Raymond only fell down three times on his own last night (ok please don't mention how many times he gave away the puck at the blue line. Dammit, this is a "the sky is blue" post!) and the Sedins were showing a pulse again. Truth of the matter is though, nobody on the team is interested in playing defense right now. No forwards are coming back on a regular basis, nobody is throwing hits with consistency, and when Tanev looks like the next Lidstrom on a nightly basis you know AV's laughing. Not from being in a good mood...oh no, slow insanity cometh.

Ah but fear not. This Canuck team lacks nothing in the forumn of confidence. Once the "real" season begins, you can rest assured they will magically find their system, their percise passing, their stellar defensive play, and they will swear to a man that a closed door players only meeting brought about this stellar paradigm shift. Have faith nuckleheads, and feel pity for those that shell out their money to watch the remaining home games in this regular season. Long as no players call out the fans for not getting overly excited to pay to watch what basically equates to pond hockey, I think we'll all come out of this ok! Oh...wait...

Dammit Bieksa!

#280 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:03 AM

Why should we feel for AV? He put MASON RAYMOND on the ice in the last minute of play. Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :P

#281 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,271 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

Probably the same thing that causes the puck to be glued to Booth's stick ...........all the way up the ice until he bangs into something/someone.

The difference is between Booth and Raymond is that Booth actually uses his speed to drive the net and play a power game. He doesn't play a soft, perimeter game like Raymond.

Yes, Booth can be a bit selfish, I can agree that he should use his linemates a bit more. But he gets his goals and contributes offensively. Raymond, not so much.
Posted Image

#282 g0mer

g0mer

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

A slight adjustment needs to be made in my opinion. Teams know we use point shots and rebounds. The problem is that the other team has beat us to those rebounds the last few games. The puck keeps bouncing right back up the middle and no Canuck players are around to scoop it up. We just need to make a small adjustment on the positioning and we will be getting more pressure and more grade "A" chances.

#283 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

av is cool, he's like al capone.

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#284 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

I know everyone keeps saying the Nucks are just doggin' it until the playoffs, but man, I sure hope they can flick that proverbial switch.

RIP LB RR PD

#285 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:53 AM

High sticks to Kassian and Hamhuis and Bush League NHL refeering aside watch this replay, it's not just bad officiating.

http://video.canucks...50&event=VAN266

If it was midget AAA anywhere in the nation Henrik Sedin would have been benched last night.
A Captain on his knees waving at a puck instead of knocking Doan on his rear. Brutal.
Anybody within 10 feet of the net needs to end up on their a*s.
It is simple defensive hockey strategy that works.

Luongo/Schnieder need the boys to play savage in front of them and not like pacifist ringette players.
Instead we have what looks like an all star game scrimmage in front of Lu.
Flopping Lasagna needs all the help he can get back there.
After undressing Bieksa and Luongo, Doan stands there and gets to hack away like a lumberjack for eternity.
That was a terrible goal.

Edited by D.J Ball, 15 March 2012 - 10:31 AM.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#286 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:57 AM

Lou was flopping like a fish out of water on that goal, it was just terrible. :sadno:

#287 y0shi

y0shi

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,908 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

Hehe, the MIDGET boys basketball team came up SHORT =P

CDCGML Posted Image - Tampa Bay Lightning

#288 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,624 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:05 AM

I usually defend Luongo but he was just as brutal lastnight as his defense

#289 OFFSIDEsports

OFFSIDEsports

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

High sticks to Kassian and Hamhuis and Bush League NHL refeering aside watch this replay, it's not just bad officiating.

http://video.canucks...50&event=VAN266

If it was midget AAA anywhere in the nation Henrik Sedin would have been benched for the rest of that last night. a Captain on his knees waving at a puck instead of knocking Doan on his rear. Brutal.
Anybody within 10 feet of the net needs to end up on their a*s.
It is simple defensive hockey strategy that works.

Luongo/Schnieder need the boys to play savage in front of them and not like pacifist ringette players.
Instead we have what looks like an all star game scrimmage in front of Lu.
After undressing Bieksa and Luongo Doan stands their and gets to hack away like a lumberjack for eternity.
That was a terrible goal.

COMPLETELY AGREE... I was screaming at the TV that the Yotes players needed to be on their asses. Absolutely pathetic...

Edited by OFFSIDEsports, 15 March 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#290 Yeria

Yeria

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,401 posts

Inconsistent efforts from everyone last night. Surprising how the game even ended 5-4.

#291 kacholu

kacholu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:06 AM

NHL reffing is just disgusting! Unfortunately it will always be like that. Not much can be done, we can complaign all we want and it won't change a thing. Just have to get used to it and the Canucks should start bending the rules too

#292 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:07 AM

100% agree. All of our players sitting their swinging their sticks instead of steam rolling Doan to the ice. Absolutely pathetic.

Do the Canucks know that they can hit players when their near our crease?
If they don't someone better inform them..
Posted Image

#293 snucks

snucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

Inconsistent efforts from everyone last night. Surprising how the game even ended 5-4.

Its not surprising! The Canucks were attacking for half the game and scored 2 again. During that time Luongo had little work. I knew he would get scored on again, just as he has in other games where the team had a lead. It would not have mattered if the D was knocking the Coyotes down. Luongo should have be pulled once it was tied.

#294 CowtownCanuck

CowtownCanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

I would rather the ref's don't call anything for the next month than we have regular season reffing and playoff reffing. If we can work through this crap hockey and succeed in the stretch run then we stand a better chance in the playoffs when the crap reffing is the standard.

#295 Wheels22

Wheels22

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:15 AM

Usually I'm furious after a loss, but not this time. I've lowered my expectations and am pretty use to this crap by now.

Plus I have Ray Whitney in my pool this week... So not bad

#296 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

This couldnt have gone in the PGT?

The whole team was inconcistent last night, and overall a weak effort all around.

#297 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,872 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:22 AM

Lou was flopping like a fish out of water on that goal, it was just terrible. :sadno:

You're going to blame Luongo on that goal? How?

Someone made a retarded pinch, leaving Bieksa by himself on the 3-on-1. Bieksa really f*cked up the play, as he neither blocked the shooting lane nor the passing lane. He also wound up on his arse, waving his stick blindly.

Doan had literally about 10 seconds all by himself. It was him vs Luongo, and Doan out waited him and the refs were also able to spot the puck through 3 bodies.

Edited by LordofBrussels, 15 March 2012 - 10:22 AM.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#298 CanucksFanatic27

CanucksFanatic27

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:22 AM

thats what happens when you mix up defense pairings too though =/ i liked the offensive lines on the other hand. except for raymond. anywho, luongo just had a terrible rebound game, he just had a great hot streak, couldn't expect him to keep it

#299 Kassian's Tooth

Kassian's Tooth

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

Lui and Henrik should remember Thomas taking matters in his own hands by knocking down a Sedin who was standing in his crease during a scramble in the SCF.

#300 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

I get to watch Mike Smith and the Coyotes quite a bit in Phoenix. Smith was a player of the month for NHL in Feb. As people have said..goalies go into slumps and in the last 2 games he has given up 8 goals and is struggling a bit. But hes a battler and last night gave his team a chance to win, saw over 40 shots.. Lou struggles and he cannot seem to right the ship. The difference is, Mike Smiths superior fundamentals gave him the edge, even though he was not perfect he got the job done !! Our team is playing poorly right now but Schneider is finding a way to win the games and Lou is not ! Some people think stats don;t mean much but they are indicators of other underlining issues...and they mirror the differences between Lou and Cory.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.