The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Pgt] Coyotes @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

few things:

-1st round exit- Not an over reaction, just the truth that I think we need to face. Something feels wrong, and even when we win, I still find myself questioning the lineup. Doesnt feel complete

-IF we want to be able to make any noise in the playoffs, let Schneider start playing now, to A) earn the number 1 role, B) motivate luongo

-maybe a first round exit would be good. End of the luongo+AV era. Some fresh new blood. I'm afraid to say that I think this Era of the Canucks may indeed be over

-Burrows, Higgins, Kesler, Booth, Hansen, Lapierre, Pahlsson, Hamhuis.

These are the players that are battling even when the going gets tough.

Kassian needs a bigger role, weise was innefective (zomg 1 good hit zomg!), the sedin act is stale and raymond is probably the worst hockey player that has been on this teams roster in the last 3 years.

I wanna hear AV explain his bonehead decisions tonight. This loss is solely on him.

- Schneider SHOULD have started - it's common sense

- the d-pairings SHOULD have went back to normal after they failed for 2 periods

- Raymond SHOULD not be playing, at all.

- Kassian benched for the 3rd game.

Canucks have become Philly a la 1 month ago - have to outscore their brutal goaltending and swiss cheese D. Unlike Philly, Canucks have the pieces to change that, but AV refuses to use them.

The goods -- 3rd line, Sedins hit the score sheet, 2nd line still looks great.

Canucks now 5 losses in 7 games since the trade.

This might not be the right forum topic. But any day, any time it comes up.

Why have the refs stopped calling many violations?

As a new fan I am perplexed. Saw how calls became scarcer the closer the teams got to the cup. But why is this? And why, this year, are calls so inconsistent this early in the year?

I want to start off with whoever said that stuff about Raymond falling in the thread about him with the Sedins for this was dead on Rofl! Also like everyone else wondering wtf was he doing on the ice in the last minute!!!!

For informational purposes but is hansens line the only line that wants to win battles on the boards?

Luongo man o man... thats all i have to say about him.

I HATE AV's line juggling. Burrows with the Twins should be a lock, that being said, Burrows played really well on the 2nd line.

Raymond falls down even when theres noone near him!!... sigh

This homestand has been awful... get lost! get on the road and comeback 1st place! :emot-parrot:

LU will bounce back and play well. Just going through another funk and will get out of it as he always does.

But lets get real, our defense has been not that great all season, and if they don't improve going foward and into playoffs, we ain't going far with LU on his game in net, or with Schnieds in net.

few things:

-1st round exit- Not an over reaction, just the truth that I think we need to face. Something feels wrong, and even when we win, I still find myself questioning the lineup. Doesnt feel complete

-IF we want to be able to make any noise in the playoffs, let Schneider start playing now, to A) earn the number 1 role, B) motivate luongo

-maybe a first round exit would be good. End of the luongo+AV era. Some fresh new blood. I'm afraid to say that I think this Era of the Canucks may indeed be over

-Burrows, Higgins, Kesler, Booth, Hansen, Lapierre, Pahlsson, Hamhuis.

These are the players that are battling even when the going gets tough.

Kassian needs a bigger role, weise was innefective (zomg 1 good hit zomg!), the sedin act is stale and raymond is probably the worst hockey player that has been on this teams roster in the last 3 years.

I hate to agree but I think your right this whole year has felt off like we've stolen about 12-20points throughout the season and secondly some of these scores in the last 10 have been way too flattering b/c over half of those we probably should have lost 8-0. The worst part is none of the organization sees it or acknowledges it...way too cocky and it's gonna be eerily similar to 95

WELL SAID !!!!! DID YOU HEAR THIS MG???

I dont get all the Raymond hate in this thread..I am no Raymond lover but I actually thought he played one of his better games in a long time, other than the fail on the breakaway pass super early on I thought he played good. I guess maybe thats why theres so much hate he makes a mistake that early and it stands out in some peoples minds. The defense were terrible, besides Hamhuis I have to give Hammer a pass. The worst player tonight hands down Reboundo Luongo, sorry folks that was amateur hour tonight.

Defense blew, offense was good, goaltending was average. Lu didnt' let in any bad goals but didnt make any big saves either. Same for Phoenix's goalie though who didnt play super well. It was pretty much anyone's game the way the canucks would come on strong and then give up good scoring chances. Sedins + Raymond is just bad defensively as a line, if you're not going to be producing at least dont let the other team score when you're out, even Raymond's speed didnt stop the 2 on 1, 3 on 1s that led to a couple of goals.

I think mixing up the d pairings was fine to experiment but left the canucks dmen in confusion and did not help them break out of their funk

People complaining about who should be in net are missing the real problem. The defence pairings were brutal.

AV's little tinkering game tonight was a major fail. Why would you seperate Bieksa and Hamhuis? That pairing has already proved that it's good. All he needed to do was put Tanev with Edler, not mix up every single pairing.

Archived