The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Pgt] Coyotes @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Luongo wasn't great tonight he prolly shoulda controlled those rebounds a bit better. but at the same time you need your defense to be there clearing the rebound or ppl in front of the net which they weren't doing at all.. and juggling the defense doesn't help.. so end conclusion? I BLAME AV

Okay, in the first period, the entire team have some jump. They play smart hockey, and they have a game plan in hand.

However, after the 2 goal lead...everything goes from crappy to worst.

Marc-Andre Gragnani and Christopher Tanev needs to go. I rather have Rome and Alberts that are more defensively sounded. The new guys jump up WAY too much, that causes turn overs and break away.

There are PLENTLY of 2 on 1s when one of our defensemen loses the puck at the blueline.

As for Raymond, this guy just lost his magic after the trade deadline. Falls down way too much, and is horrible at puck battle. This guy should NOT be on at the last minute.

It should be 1st power play unit that is out there, when the goaltender is pulled.

They better win on Satuday, or the media is going to jump all over them.

If you ask me, Raymond was terrible tonight. Every time he had the puck, he held on to it for far too long, and almost every time ending in a loss of possession. I lost count of the times that the puck touched his stick, and went right to a Coyotes' stick. I'm not saying he was the only problem tonight, because he was not, but come on... Take him off the first while there's still time to win the game

CANT BLAME LUU FOR THIS ONE

First goal

His fault 100%

2nd was hamhuis he pinched in

Then 3 on 1 coming back

Thats obviusly a goal

Third was clearly interferenecin front by torres

Fourth off the hand cant blame hin

Him

5th bieksa takes bull penalty and they capitalize

For Luongo bashers, Go NHL.com and look up Ilya Bryzgalov's stats. Flyers has a similar record as the Nucks. Bryz faces less shots, yet he has a lower SV% and higher GAA than Luongo. We all know how terrible he is at the start of the season, then look at him now. Goalies go through tough stretches. Bryzgalov should be glad that he's not in Vancouver. He's paid more than Luongo and is much worse stat wise.

AV on post game show when asked how he thought Raymond played with the Sedins:

"That line spent a lot of time in the Phoenix end and had a lot of quality play" (paraphrase) :rolleyes:

Raymond -1

0 points

that little experiment better be over.

But seriously, how many times do the boys have to score 5 or more goals in order to win?

Its not that Lu can't make a "Great Save Luongo!" as good or better than any other, its that, without warning, he can't make an NHL average save when he needs to.

Archived