The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Pgt] Coyotes @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Anyone who posts in this thread and defends Luongo on this game in paticular is a tunnel vision homer. I pretty much bet that 90% of people who come on here with their complaint post after a loss yet somehow fail to mention Luongo are the biggest homers of them all. Embarrassing....And yes the defense sucked but Luooooooooooooo was the worst player in the blue colors tonight.......

Disappointing loss.

At least one good thing came out, Raymond is useless on all four lines ..

Our D was horrible, AV should not mess with whats working. Don't fix what's not broken.

was brutal today and Lu is not on top of

his game.

Grats twins on putting up some points but I'm not convinced they are out of the slump and grays to hank for padding Linden.

The inability to squeeze the points is really starting to show. Crap fame and what should se expect of the next game? After all we have a bad record since the trade deadline and we tend to not vague up against bottom feeding teams.

Blowing a 2 goal lead really sucks.

Okay, in the first period, the entire team have some jump. They play smart hockey, and they have a game plan in hand.

However, after the 2 goal lead...everything goes from crappy to worst.

Marc-Andre Gragnani and Christopher Tanev needs to go. I rather have Rome and Alberts that are more defensively sounded. The new guys jump up WAY too much, that causes turn overs and break away.

There are PLENTLY of 2 on 1s when one of our defensemen loses the puck at the blueline.

As for Raymond, this guy just lost his magic after the trade deadline. Falls down way too much, and is horrible at puck battle. This guy should NOT be on at the last minute.

It should be 1st power play unit that is out there, when the goaltender is pulled.

They better win on Satuday, or the media is going to jump all over them.

For Luongo bashers, Go NHL.com and look up Ilya Bryzgalov's stats. Flyers has a similar record as the Nucks. Bryz faces less shots, yet he has a lower SV% and higher GAA than Luongo. We all know how terrible he is at the start of the season, then look at him now. Goalies go through tough stretches. Bryzgalov should be glad that he's not in Vancouver. He's paid more than Luongo and is much worse stat wise.

Never in a million years did i think we'd have a losing record on this 7 game homestand. Funny how all the talk earlier this year was how we'd run away with the west with our schedule as it was... and to see this. Well we'll know in a week if its time to full out panic or not but im extremely worried.

Disappointed with tonight's game. The offense looked much better and I'm happy for Henrik's milestone. I'm a little too bummed to remember much about the goals scored on us, but I don't recall any really bad goals. My biggest concern right now is our defense, which has been crumbling a bit. We are allowing other teams to skate in and get really good scoring chances way, way too often. Goaltending needs improvement, of course, but our troublesome defense has me worried, particularly looking ahead to the playoffs.

I think this could be something that should be tried as a lineup:

Twins - Hansen (Twins could use someone to go hard to the net and get ugly ones, they rack up points by having someone else finish anyways; they've played with the Great Dane before and also the Dane really flourished with the play maker (Cody) on the 3rd line getting him the puck and lifting the overall offensive level of that line)

Higgins - Kes - Booth (Keep this)

Burrows - Pahlsson - Kassian (Kassian has wheels and should work well with two other guys who crash the net in Burr and Pahlsson)

Manny - Lapierre - Bitz/ Weise (self-exp.)

[/Raymond] (do what you want with him, he's not playing)

Hmm,

Burrows on the third looks REALLY good. IF AV keeps him on the third, who will be playing with the Sedins?

You know, I think they should give Kassian a couple games with Sedins. I love mayray but he can play fourth line or sit in the pressbox, have good offseason training and come back and put up 50 points next year.

K let's try this again.

THE GOOD:

PP looked really good

Kesler line continues its strong play

Hansen and Pahlsson are playing well together and Burrows fits in well with his "go to the net" style of play

Sedins finally pick up a few points

Loving when Booth takes the puck hard to the net - that play gave Luongo fits against Chicago and it's a tough play for a goalie to read. Glad that his knee injury hasn't stopped him from doing that.

THE BAD:

Giving up 2 PPG to the worst PP in the league

Giving up a 2-goal lead

Poor rebounds from Luongo. His style of play is set folks - we ain't going to change it and we ain't trading him so the team in front of him needs to tighten up.

THE UGLY:

Bieksa - good lord that was a horrid game from him

Raymond - as a girl I thought I'd seen my share of puckbunnies but none of them come close to the puckbunny AV is for Raymond. He negated every offensive chance the Sedins had today.

Very poor homestand thus far. Should have been no excuses today. 2 full days off at this crucial time in the season is almost unheard of but AV gave our players a chance to rest it out. They should have come back in peak form today.

We'd better not lose to Columbus - there's tough losses and then there's just pure sad and pathetic losses. Losing to them would qualify as the latter :)

Archived