Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Glad We Lost, We Need More Of It

Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 Clonedanielsedin

Clonedanielsedin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

This Team need alot more ass kicking before the playoffs start because as we all know, the playoffs, just like war, are pure hell. Lets expose our weaknesses now.

Points and standings are all irrelevance now, get ready for the big game.

#2 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

Your glad we lost? Whats wrong with you?

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#3 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

Yes! Sweet! Totally crashed my car broke seven bones and might walk in a year! Good thig too time to grow stronger and show my weaknesses now! Alright!
Posted Image

#4 Peace Bond

Peace Bond

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:59 PM

Your glad we lost? Whats wrong with you?

He's saying that he'd rather they lose now instead of in the playoffs. And I agree.

#5 Clonedanielsedin

Clonedanielsedin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

THIS TEAM IS SLEEPING WE NEED TO LOSE AND NOT JUST A FEW GAMES, WE NEED A LOSING EPIDEMIC

wake people up with fear

#6 Lychees

Lychees

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

Uh, our weaknesses have been exposed long ago. The fact that they haven't been addressed thoroughly enough to be patched is alarming. There's no reason we should be losing games like tonights

#7 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

He's saying that he'd rather they lose now instead of in the playoffs. And I agree.

I'd rather not lose at all

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#8 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,031 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

This team will finally wake up once they get blown out.

Remember getting blown out by the Hawks earlier in the year? After that we finally starting winning games and continued on a hot streak.

Edited by Vintage Canuck., 14 March 2012 - 10:04 PM.

307mg00.jpg

#9 VancouverStyle

VancouverStyle

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

Yes i am glad we are losing now, it would be nice to heat up just as the playoffs begin.

#10 Clonedanielsedin

Clonedanielsedin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:04 PM

Uh, our weaknesses have been exposed long ago. The fact that they haven't been addressed thoroughly enough to be patched is alarming. There's no reason we should be losing games like tonights

Its the timing, the timing is now get angry.

#11 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,968 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:04 PM

This Team need alot more ass kicking before the playoffs start because as we all know, the playoffs, just like war, are pure hell. Lets expose our weaknesses now.

Points and standings are all irrelevance now, get ready for the big game.

i cant understand you, please speak english!

#12 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,699 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

If I were glad about the loss, it would be because times like this separate the fair weather from the fans.
I thought the Canucks outplayed Phoenix but didn't convert on a handful of posts...not to worried - good energy, just a bit disorganized but that was by design

#13 coolcat13

coolcat13

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

Sounds like a pathetic excuse to me. Pretty sure they're getting swept playing like this. They'd better find a way to play like an NHL team soon.

#14 The Architect

The Architect

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:10 PM

Well, I think the best solution would be: getting blown out by hawks next time we meet them.

I mean, 7-0 Hawks.

Bolland, Kane Toews just completely wreck us.

outshot, outhit, out everything.

This team needs to find its identity.
Sig too big.

THANK YOU P R O L I F I C for the incredible signature!

#15 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

Our weaknesses were exposed in the finals last year...

#16 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

REAL fans NEVER, EVER want the Canucks to lose. You sound like those bandwaggoners who wanted the Canucks to lose in Boston for game 6, so they could "win" in at home.

Edited by Kamero89, 14 March 2012 - 10:17 PM.

#17 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,699 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

listening to all this is almost as fun as a win

#18 kirk mcleans baby

kirk mcleans baby

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

Well, I think the best solution would be: getting blown out by hawks next time we meet them.

I mean, 7-0 Hawks.

Bolland, Kane Toews just completely wreck us.

outshot, outhit, out everything.

This team needs to find its identity.

:picard: That is definitely NOT the best solution at all!!!

Come on people, we still have 12 games before the play-offs even start! Pretty sure they will have things figured out by then, and have players rested for what could hopefully be a long play-off run! :towel:

#19 TwinTelepathy

TwinTelepathy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

canucks fans are soo quiet.

#20 Thrill-House

Thrill-House

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

Just like losing 9 straight at home or playing a game 7 after leading the series 3-0, losing isn't necessarily a bad thing. Because if you are able to overcome adversity, the momentum and confidence you gain from it is like nothing else. Since Gillis took over the Canucks have been for the most part successful. With that, the fans and players take winning for granted. That's how I interpreted the OP's post.

It's hard to create that "turning point of the season" moment when you're 2nd in the conference and have such high expectations.
Posted Image

#21 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,572 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:38 PM

This team will finally wake up once they get blown out.

Remember getting blown out by the Hawks earlier in the year? After that we finally starting winning games and continued on a hot streak.

We we require blow outs to wake us up? What kind of hockey team is this. is 4-1 to the worst team in the league not enough of a wake up call?

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#22 VANFAN101

VANFAN101

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:38 PM

Don't worry canucks fans, the canucks are just a sleeping giant right now. Its only a matter of time before they really wake up.

#23 RBCanucks

RBCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

Called it months ago, we will not make it passed the 2nd round this year. Hopefully I'm wrong, but there are far too many inconsistencies in our game. It boggles my mind how a team with so many skilled players who are so well coached could play so poorly for so long.

Luongo is our workhorse but is most definitely not out show pony.

The Sedins when they are on their game are great offensive contributers but are almost entirely useless in every other respects. They are defensive liabilities and incredibly lazy. It appears Daniel as of late is starting to seem fed up and has been engaging a little bit more physically but Henrik (despite the points he's put up) is not pulling his weight or changing his game.

Good players never stop trying to improve themselves, look at Crosby or Stamkos they are constantly evolving their game. Look at Ovetchkin, lazy and deluded into thinking he doesn't need to change and has gone from a 50 goal scorer to a 30 goal scorer.

The Kesler line has been carrying this team, and as much as it pains me to say it Raymond has become absolutely unbearable to watch. I used to believe strongly in his play and didn't understand why so many people appeared to hate him but ever since the trade deadline he's been the worst player on the team.

I once again digress to the Kassian-Hodgson trade. This will go down to be one of the worst trade's in franchise history. Kassian has a lot to offer but still needs a lot of development. Mike Gillis thought he could ix the problems the team has had by replacing Hodgson and building a team more similar to last year. He was wrong. Management were looking in the wrong places to fix the problems we were having. Hodgson was one of our most consistent players despite his ice time. The sad part is I don't think he will be nearly as successful on a team like Buffalo and his talents will go to waste there.

We have Bitz, when healthy. We didn't need a player like Kassian, we had one already in Bitz. We have solid 4th liners in Duco, Weise, Volpatti, Lapierre, Pinizotto, ect.

I've said this before Manny should be playing for the 3rd line or not at all. He is not a 4th liner and is in fact useless outside his role as a shutdown center. He is not an energy guy or a hard enough checker to play the wing on the 4th line. Manny should either be playing for the wing or center on the 3rd. If he cannot fulfill that role then he needs to be dealt. Simple as that. I think management has faith he will return to form and that Pahlson is a temporary fix that might be resigned as a backup plan in case their hunch doesn't pan out.

The fact is, that not matter what line the Sedins are put on their play drags the team down. If they are not performing to their potential then shuffling the lines will merely only spread out their lack of performance instead of isolating it.

Hodgson might not have had room on the roster as a center but he could have been a key player in the role of 2nd line winger next to Kesler and Booth/Higgins.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Hodgson
Higgins-Manny/Pahlson-Hansen
Duco/Volpatti-Lapierre-Weise/Bitz

Since this is no longer a possibility

Sedin-Sedin-Bitz
Booth-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Manny/Pahlson-Hansen
Duco/Volpatti-Lapierre-Weise/Kassian (or some combination thereof)

Bitz could play a key role on this team come playoff time. I think if he was paired with the Sedins he could bring a lot to the team and make the 1st line dangerous again. Kassian is not ready to be a full time NHL player. Raymond is out as far as I'm concerned and Higgins can play any role and be dangerous, he is just a phenomenal player.

Time to really consider which players are assets and which players are liabilities. Management should have done this before the trade deadline. They gambled and failed. Hopefully they can rectify this situation because if they don't it will be another early exit come the playoffs.

Once again I reiterate that this team will NOT make it passed the 2nd round.

I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by rbcanucks87, 14 March 2012 - 10:53 PM.

#24 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

Vigneault is the problem. Get rid of him and watch the team change. The players are tired of his inconsistency.

He should be getting Bitz and Duco up from the Wolves. He should be sitting that flake Raymond.

He should be sitting Luongo, who honestly is done. He looks lost out there. Too much money for a headcase.
Posted Image

#25 kpop

kpop

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

I'm sick of people hitting the panic button. Like seriously, we are on the right track, just a few costly mistakes in games. It's not like we're getting totally mauled out there. This will turn around once we can get our scoring balance and team defense going.

#26 Dave Brown Oz

Dave Brown Oz

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

Called it months ago, we will not make it passed the 2nd round this year. Hopefully I'm wrong, but there are far too many inconsistencies in our game. It boggles my mind how a team with so many skilled players who are so well coached could play so poorly for so long. Luongo is our workhorse but is most definitely not out show pony. The Sedins when they are on their game are great offensive contributers but are almost entirely useless in every other respects. They are defensive liabilities and incredibly lazy. It appears Daniel as of late is starting to seem fed up and has been engaging a little bit more physically but Henrik (despite the points he's put up) is not pulling his weight or changing his game. Good players never stop trying to improve themselves, look at Crosby or Stamkos they are constantly evolving their game. Look at Ovetchkin, lazy and deluded into thinking he doesn't need to change and has gone from a 50 goal scorer to a 30 goal scorer. The Kesler line has been carrying this team, and as much as it pains me to say it Raymond has become absolutely unbearable to watch. I used to believe strongly in his play and didn't understand why so many people appeared to hate him but ever since the trade deadline he's been the worst player on the team. I once again digress to the Kassian-Hodgson trade. This will go down to be one of the worst trade's in franchise history. Kassian has a lot to offer but still needs a lot of development. Mike Gillis thought he could ix the problems the team has had by replacing Hodgson and building a team more similar to last year. He was wrong. Management were looking in the wrong places to fix the problems we were having. Hodgson was one of our most consistent players despite his ice time. The sad part is I don't think he will be nearly as successful on a team like Buffalo and his talents will go to waste there. We have Bitz, when healthy. We didn't need a player like Kassian, we had one already in Bitz. We have solid 4th liners in Duco, Weise, Volpatti, Lapierre, Pinizotto, ect. I've said this before Manny should be playing for the 3rd line or not at all. He is not a 4th liner and is in fact useless outside his role as a shutdown center. He is not an energy guy or a hard enough checker to play the wing on the 4th line. Manny should either be playing for the wing or center on the 3rd. If he cannot fulfill that role then he needs to be dealt. Simple as that. I think management has faith he will return to form and that Pahlson is a temporary fix that might be resigned as a backup plan in case their hunch doesn't pan out. The fact is, that not matter what line the Sedins are put on their play drags the team down. If they are not performing to their potential then shuffling the lines will merely only spread out their lack of performance instead of isolating it. Hodgson might not have had room on the roster as a center but he could have been a key player in the role of 2nd line winger next to Kesler and Booth/Higgins. Sedin-Sedin-Burrows Booth-Kesler-Hodgson Higgins-Manny/Pahlson-Hansen Duco/Volpatti-Lapierre-Weise/Bitz Since this is no longer a possibility Sedin-Sedin-Bitz Booth-Kesler-Burrows Higgins-Manny/Pahlson-Hansen Duco/Volpatti-Lapierre-Weise/Kassian (or some combination thereof) Bitz could play a key role on this team come playoff time. I think if he was paired with the Sedins he could bring a lot to the team and make the 1st line dangerous again. Kassian is not ready to be a full time NHL player. Raymond is out as far as I'm concerned and Higgins can play any role and be dangerous, he is just a phenomenal player. Time to really consider which players are assets and which players are liabilities. Management should have done this before the trade deadline. They gambled and failed. Hopefully they can rectify this situation because if they don't it will be another early exit come the playoffs. Once again I reiterate that this team will NOT make it passed the 2nd round. I hope I'm wrong.

Well said, could not agree more........

#27 Dave Brown Oz

Dave Brown Oz

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:04 PM

Vigneault is the problem. Get rid of him and watch the team change. The players are tired of his inconsistency. He should be getting Bitz and Duco up from the Wolves. He should be sitting that flake Raymond. He should be sitting Luongo, who honestly is done. He looks lost out there. Too much money for a headcase.

The team is sound but yeah the coach is sus..... And Cory is the choice for goal tender......

#28 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,699 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:07 PM

The Sedins when they are on their game are great offensive contributers but are almost entirely useless in every other respects. They are defensive liabilities and incredibly lazy. It appears Daniel as of late is starting to seem fed up and has been engaging a little bit more physically but Henrik (despite the points he's put up) is not pulling his weight or changing his game.

Good players never stop trying to improve themselves, look at Crosby or Stamkos they are constantly evolving their game.

I once again digress to the Kassian-Hodgson trade. This will go down to be one of the worst trade's in franchise history.

I hope I'm wrong.

#29 MANGO

MANGO

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:29 PM

hahaha....maybe we should have traded everyone?
Posted Image

formerly......puck n icehole

#30 Visp

Visp

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

I would rather never lose than lose now OR in the playoffs.. why do we have to lose at all!!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.