The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo's Struggles A Perfect Wake Up Call To The Team

Sixteen W's

You cant pin this loss on Lou,although I think he should've stopped two of them (he did'nt keep us in the game..let's put it that way,,!!).

Instead of showing AV after every Phoenix goal,they zoomed in on Rick Bowness..rightfully so..!!..On defense,he's got a three ring circus going on.The confusion is astounding.

Anyway,I say..time to ride the Schneid..Luongo will come around(I have full confidence)..but I think the team needs to hit the reset button..and start Schneider,and lets see if he can run with it,

You cant pin this loss on Lou,although I think he should've stopped two of them (he did'nt keep us in the game..let's put it that way,,!!).

Instead of showing AV after every Phoenix goal,they zoomed in on Rick Bowness..rightfully so..!!..On defense,he's got a three ring circus going on.The confusion is astounding.

Anyway,I say..time to ride the Schneid..Luongo will come around(I have full confidence)..but I think the team needs to hit the reset button..and start Schneider,and lets see if he can run with it,

i say we do whats been done all year long. Use both goaltenders. Luongo is our number 1 so we'll obviously use him more but i say get Schnieder in at least 3 starts (maybe up to 5 even). That way Luongo will be a bit rested for the playoffs and he'll still get enough games here at the last stretch to get out his funk, which i think will happen within the next 5 games.

Its the same defence that plays infront of CS.. i mean sure, we can blame the defence all we want, but their job is not to stop the puck. A goaltender is suppose to the be "last defender".

The funny thing is, i dont even think the defence was bad tonight, they just looked bad because Luongo let in 5 friggin goals.

Roberto Luongo's in the middle of a rough patch, much like the rest of the team, but his struggles are actually much more recent.

Exceptional netminding can mask poor play by the rest of the team, and that's exactly what Luongo and Schneider were providing night after night for the past while. The team wasn't scoring goals, but it wasn't letting in many, so the wins kept coming, despite all that overtime and poor play.

In a way, Luongo's poor play is good for the team, and it's starting to show. The team's success could never rely so heavily on Luongo given his tendency to be streaky, and sometimes the forwards have to chip in enough for an easy night or two.

The Canucks obviously needed more offense, and that's exactly what's happening. The Canucks are now taking more shots, they're starting to score more goals, and the power-play has started to click again.

Once Luongo finds his form again, this team should start rolling again just in time for the playoffs.

Don't remind me about our defense.

Its the same defence that plays infront of CS.. i mean sure, we can blame the defence all we want, but their job is not to stop the puck. A goaltender is suppose to the be "last defender".

The funny thing is, i dont even think the defence was bad tonight, they just looked bad because Luongo let in 5 friggin goals.

Schneider is more reliable now, because Lu's had a bad string of games. But it's incredulous what people are saying, annointing CS with number 1 job already etc etc. How quickly people forget about the past two months, never mind the last few years.

Lu sucked. Every goalie has a patch of struggles. Thomas sucked the year before and they thought Rask was going to take over. The truth is you can never dismiss an elite player like Luongo to continue to decline, especially for goaltenders.

I thought Lu was fighting the puck all game last night and did not look comfortable. Until he does, I agree, we should ride the Schneid, but it's also important to have a good perspective. We need both of these goalies in the playoffs with the schedule we have and the way our D plays. We're going to pressure the puck as much as we can and that means giving up a lot of chances too as we've seen all season. We need goalies to be hot and we should utilize both to ensure that the hot one plays. But let's not blame and run Luongo out of town already. Young fans need to understand, we've waited for a goalie like Lu since Captain Kirk.

I don't think Luongo will regain his form. He has never been right since his groin injury. Having said that why in the heck would the coach mix up the D pairings, to mess him up even more? After the Canucks had a 2 goal lead I just knew luongo would colapse again. You can see by his body language, when he is going to be shaky, he is washed up in Vancouver.

Luongo will not improve by playing more until he fixes his form..he is making some fundamental and mental errors. A lot about goal tending is confidence...and his is fragile. but its due to his basics being so off...he has to be able to direct the shots out of harms way..hes punching them back into the slot. Could not blame him on one goal. as what he said in interview was correct...from point blank yur just trying to make the save,,,he was unlucky on that ...the Brule goal was brutal..the pass was behind Lou when it Brule...plain ugly.

I believe we would have won with Ginger !!No question.

Luongo will not improve by playing more until he fixes his form..he is making some fundamental and mental errors. A lot about goal tending is confidence...and his is fragile. but its due to his basics being so off...he has to be able to direct the shots out of harms way..hes punching them back into the slot. Could not blame him on one goal. as what he said in interview was correct...from point blank yur just trying to make the save,,,he was unlucky on that ...the Brule goal was brutal..the pass was behind Lou when it Brule...plain ugly.

I believe we would have won with Ginger !!No question.

Once he is down swimming on the ice he is hooped. Actually it is said, his skates are too big. Like I said, he has not been the same since the injury he had a couple of seasons ago when he was out for several weeks. You would think the coaches could tell a few minutes into a game how he is going to perform. But when the team is outplaying the other team for half the game, he gets hardly any work. He is then more likely to be scored on. In the end I do not blame him. I blame the management. They are supposed to know what they are doing. AV has had the luxury of depth and talent and is poor at adapting to game situations.

Archived