Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

* * * * * 3 votes

A Little Perspective

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#31 dura_mater

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

One point of view panic, this OP's post, excuses?

Are we coasting or just playing sloppy? Maybe the Sedin's are playing through injury...

Couldn't those be considered one and the same?

Apollo is not a real person but a post-bot built by the Aquilini's to create hype.

You mean the ntcs that all got waived or the ntcs that led us to back to back president trophies and a Stanley Cup?

#32 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

As Marc Crawford said this afternoon.."It's pretty hard to manufacture urgency"

#33 ilduce39

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

Solid points by the OP. Funny how a few losses let all the short-sighted negatrons crawl out of the woodwork. Bottom line is this team, talent-wise, is better than last year and they obviously know what it takes to make a strong playoff push.

Yes, it's more entertaining to watch them roll everyone but I'll settle for a healthy team going into the playoffs.
T-Bone said:
remind them all of Tbone, remeber me for how I lived, not how I was banned
*sig too big

#34 VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

I love how many people missed the point and posted anyway in this thread... Thanks for injecting some reason into this chaos op, I'm sure more than a few people were listening!

#35 Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

I agree with a the OP here, and would like to add to it a bit.

The games they have been losing lately are mostly to teams who are in the playoff race, fighting for the 8th position. We're pretty much guaranteed second place, and it'd be really hard for us to pick up first. Do you think right now, the Canucks are maybe dropping some games to keep that race tight, so the 7th - 8th place teams fight hard right up to the end of the season, and wear themselves out a bit before the playoffs? Might be giving our boys a bit too much credit there, but it's a possibility.

No, they are not any teams fighting harder because the Canucks are losing games.

#36 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,970 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

I understand the team is doing this and they should, but why not start giving some players some maintenance days and let our depth players play so that they're also ready for the playoffs.

Credit to Parise11

#37 Wyoming Fan

Wyoming Fan

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

How would you like to be a SJ Sharks fan right now?

At this point of the season, if I were a Shark's fan, I would be hoping they would lose. Come draft time, you get higher picks. May as well get something out of being a bottom feeder fan.

I also follow Buffalo, and frankly I am not too happy they are making a push for the playoffs. They have finished in the middle of the pack for the last few years and ended up getting mostly mediocre players.

#38 Cristalinastar

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

How would you like to be a SJ Sharks fan right now?

Well that depends, would i get to clap my straightened arms together to emulate jaws when they go on the PP? Ha ha what IS that? Imbecilic!!!

16 WINS-its the beauty way to go!

Posted Image

credit to canazzy

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.