The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Latest Straightjab (Henrik On Officiating)

OFFSIDEsports

Nicely done!

Isn't it odd how something so obvious does not get acknowledged by the NHL. They should at least be transparent and announce that they are letting more go. I wonder how the communication to referees went. I imagine some sort of teleconference / video conference, to avoid any records. Something like "We want an average of 5 penalties a game now, 3 +/- for one team, 2+/- for the other, instead of the 7-9 penalties called per game most of the season. Pick and choose carefully, because if you go over 5 penalties, you're docked 5% pay."

Nicely done!

Isn't it odd how something so obvious does not get acknowledged by the NHL. They should at least be transparent and announce that they are letting more go. I wonder how the communication to referees went. I imagine some sort of teleconference / video conference, to avoid any records. Something like "We want an average of 5 penalties a game now, 3 +/- for one team, 2+/- for the other, instead of the 7-9 penalties called per game most of the season. Pick and choose carefully, because if you go over 5 penalties, you're docked 5% pay."

Archived