The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Recent Slump, Blessing In Disguise?

timberz21

Really? Is being "the clear favorite" added pressure? Especially if you finish only a point or two ahead of the next team?

Do you actually think players approach a game by saying "OOOOOOOHHHH, we won the President's Trophy. I'm not sure I can handle the expectations now."

Except the fact that Phoenix has royally destroyed us every game this season... PLUS, they are owned by the NHL, so conflict of interest much? For those that buy in to the NHL conspiracy against the Canucks, this would be a field day!

There is absolutely no faith in this team..

As much as I want the Canucks to hoist the cup, our fans don't deserve one. CDC is a cesspool of the worst fans of any sports franchise.

Why are people so quick to throw this team under the bus? These are the guys that took us to game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals less than a year ago. Until two weeks ago they hadn't lost 2 games in regulation since November.

As much as I want the Canucks to hoist the cup, our fans don't deserve one. CDC is a cesspool of the worst fans of any sports franchise.

Why are people so quick to throw this team under the bus? These are the guys that took us to game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals less than a year ago. Until two weeks ago they hadn't lost 2 games in regulation since November.

With all the failure at crucial points in this franchise's history, it's no wonder the fans don't have any faith instilled in them. This isn't the Detroit Red Wings here, proven winners. This team has constantly blown their golden opportunities. This isn't me saying the Canucks will not win the Cup this year. In fact, I believe they're one of the top favourites. This is just me saying the Canucks throughout their history have done nothing to prove to their fans that everything will be ok when things start going south because when things go south with the Canucks, they just downright plummet. This is how most Canucks fans are programmed to think and the answers as to why are written in the history books.

Win the cup, actually go ALL THE WAY, and Canucks fans will have a reason to have faith in the future. Until then, we're just waiting for the other shoe to drop as it always has.

You know alot of us are knowlodgable fans, who watch the games closley and analyze our teams play, then critize our players fairly.

But then theres others that you refer to like this guy:

Who are as you say and ruin it for the rest of us and make us look bad.

Theres alot more of us on this board that are acctually knowlodgeable than those who aren't fair about the team and just critize the goal tending because its easy.

I understand what your saying but your wrong, people just ruin it. Theres alot more good fans than Bad fans.

Some people just ruin it for the rest of us, The Riot is the perfect example.

Canucks are guaranteed a top 3 spot in the west going into the playoffs so they are coasting and dont really care. They are playing reserved and resting up for the Playoffs. They will ratchet up their intensity in little bits over the next 10 games to get back into shape for the wars ahead. Kesler has already started picking up his play.

Canucks are guaranteed a top 3 spot in the west going into the playoffs so they are coasting and dont really care. They are playing reserved and resting up for the Playoffs. They will ratchet up their intensity in little bits over the next 10 games to get back into shape for the wars ahead. Kesler has already started picking up his play.

Archived