The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Is Wrong With The Canucks?

CanucksFanMike

Hey guys,the thing i look at the past few years is that all good teams will go into a slump or sleep pattern before the Playoffs. Boston did it last year, Detroit and Pittsburg struggled abit before making their run and so did Chicago. I not saying were going to win the cup,but right now were not the only top team thats has not been playing well. Again Boston is in a slump, Sj ,Chicago ,Detroit are not firing on all cylinders.

What do you think is reason for the D making bad pinches and trying to score ?....................Yes that's right the offence is far too inconsistant and luongo seems to be letting in at least one bad goal a game. The D feels like it's their job to contribute when the offence is floundering (Which it has been,majorly). It puts huge pressure on guys like Bieksa,Hamhuis,Edler and Salo to contribute, thus the mistakes.

i understand that these boards are like going to therapy , it allows us to verbalise all our fears and hopes , a place to vent our anxieties , but the simple fact is you cannot win them all , you can only try your guts out to win the important ones . i personally think that people who jump on these boards and bag our team out are totally devalueing the quality of the other teams in this league.

do not get me wrong i am not saying we are perfect far from it , i have been saying all season our defense is not all it is cracked up to be and there is a lot of room for improvemnt , but i think the people who are saying we are not putting enough effort in are being slightly insulting to our team . i have never been a professional athlete , i chose sports like dirt bikes and skiing and now down hill mountain biking, which in a country of 20,000,000 do not genrate enough wealth to support these athletes, and have always been good enough to recieve some level of support even now at the age of 48 , and i can tell you my will to win is second to none , so in my mind these guys who are the creme de la creme of the millions of boys and young menwho have played hockey , and have now made it made to the top of their tree must have a burning desire to win and succeed other wise they would not be where they are now

i love our team . this does not mean i do not scream at the television and feel really disapointed when we lose but whatever i do will not change a thing .

i truely believe that we have a good as chance as anyone to win the cup this year

go nucks yeeeeehaaaaaaah

The twins are getting pushed around. They need a big body and some whop-$#$%^

So, what do they do?....Put Raymond on their line. Is that some kind of joke ?

They were the worse line out there. I'd have put Zack up there with them instead.

It's either that or break them up already for god's sake. They are very skilled but

skill alone does not cut it. We need to mix things up a little. Put a softy in with those

that can handle themselves properly. I did like the other lines but our first line sucked big time.

They haven't been playing well for most of 2012. People kept saying "don't hit the panic button, the playoffs are still a long ways away". Well, the playoffs aren't that far away now, they are still struggling, at a time when almost everyone else in the West seems to be turning it up a notch.

The pessimism on this board is ridiculous. I understand that after a Stanley Cup finalist year the expectations of most fans are to get that 1 extra win they would've needed to win, but after climbing to the top of the standings and having a small slump, the team doesn't warrant comments that some of you are making.

I'm not happy with the defense, or the goaltending, or inconsistency of offense lately but it's a slump. It's not the end of the team's Stanley Cup hopes...

exactly.

last year was a fluke.

the bottom line that this team really isn't that good.

I would trade our team straight up for nashvile's this year.

Something wrong to our Canucks ?

ummmm had not noticed

Slump .... what slump ?

Raymond who ?

I don't see anything wrong

Just 12 more Canucks game

and it's PLAYOFF time

Just can't wait & then we can see how our Canucks do.

Just hope they remember to show up :bigblush:

GO :canucks: GO .... Be Proud .... Be Loud :emot-parrot::emot-parrot::emot-parrot:

While it's frustrating watching the Nucks work there way through the slump, it looks like they are close to coming out of it.   Low water mark was Montreal.  From here on in they will still lose a game or two (Pheonix) but look like they are playing better.  Then they will start to bag some wins and we will all wonder what the panic was about.   I mean, didn't we see it last year, and the year before that?  82 game season folks.

Archived