The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eberle - A Plan For The Future

Hear me out on this one ... I believe that there will be huge pressure to blow up the nucks roster if we don't win the cup this year. Soooo, I got to thinking, what trade(s) would make the most sense? I think this Eberle kid is going to be the next great thing in this league. He is a solid western canadian boy (not an ounce of Swedish in him), a proven leader and he has a knack for scoring the big goal. My suggestion is Kesler for Eberle. I realize that we would be trading an ageing yankee doodle dickhead for a budding superstar, so we may have to send a truck full of money too.

What do you think? Good long term investment?

Maybe we could thro in Burrows for a pail of pucks while we are at it?

Constructive criticism only, let's keep this civil. No riots tonight - ok?

Hear me out on this one ... I believe that there will be huge pressure to blow up the nucks roster if we don't win the cup this year. Soooo, I got to thinking, what trade(s) would make the most sense? I think this Eberle kid is going to be the next great thing in this league. He is a solid western canadian boy (not an ounce of Swedish in him), a proven leader and he has a knack for scoring the big goal. My suggestion is Kesler for Eberle. I realize that we would be trading an ageing yankee doodle dickhead for a budding superstar, so we may have to send a truck full of moneytoo.

Hear me out on this one ... I believe that there will be huge pressure to blow up the nucks roster if we don't win the cup this year. Soooo, I got to thinking, what trade(s) would make the most sense? I think this Eberle kid is going to be the next great thing in this league. He is a solid western canadian boy (not an ounce of Swedish in him), a proven leader and he has a knack for scoring the big goal. My suggestion is Kesler for Eberle. I realize that we would be trading an ageing yankee doodle dickhead for a budding superstar, so we may have to send a truck full of money too.

even if Eberle is the better pure scorer and clutch guy, the team still needs its Selke and power center who can put the team on his back while he's in beast mode. If Kes gets traded (plus not within the same division! He'll check the ____ out of the Twins) our second line center would be one of Manny/ Max or Pahlsson (no, not Schroeder who hasn't even stepped on NHL ice during the regular season, let alone play the 2nd line center role; nor should Higgins be expected to hold the spot over the long term) and that's just not going to cut it. I'm also happy with Booth, Higgins and Burrows as the other wingers in the Top 6 to complement the Twins and Kes, plus Hansen's alright and the overall depth looks good, even without Eberle, on the wings.

Archived