The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Some Playoff Spots And Matchups Are Set!

Primal Optimist

Well, its sparked some discussion, so its something to talk about if your so inclined, but for the life of me, I will never figure out the people who post in threads only to say that the thread doesn't interest them, or its not a necessary one, or some other negative comment. worse than the two I selected here, lol.

Now, I picked this post to reply to, since it isn't exactly a negative one, and it is expressing an opinion on the topic that is valid, so I wanted to point out that I don't mean this guy, with what I am saying about negative people. The rest of you negative people saying the thread isn't necessary or its pointless..do you have a mental compulsion to post in threads that you ought to simply ignore?

As bad as SJ has been i really wouldn't want to face them in the 1st round. It'd still be a bruising series and if this team is to go far health as always will be key.

Phoenix would be intriguing as we'd see a ton of Canuck fans down there and travel wise is favorable and it would be a good test and a style of play were going to have to get used to anyways.

Colorado would be fun to play against and Calgary i don't see making it. If we face Phoenix or Colorado id be pretty happy.

I actually hope we end up with a really tough opponent in the first round. Chicago would be a good matchup again, or San Jose would be good too.

Main thing is that we can't afford to just sleep through the first round. Last year Chicago gave the Canucks a real kick in the ass and they really pulled together down the stretch. We're a lot healthier going into the playoffs (knock on wood) than last year as well, so hopefully we won't end up as beaten up down the road.

We'll see. I think a tough contender will wake us up in the first round and we'll go into the rest of the playoffs fighting hard. I think an easier team might make us too complacent. Look at what happened to Canada's world juniors this year, easy teams, easy wins, then got spanked against their first real challenge because they couldn't get up to play after having it so easy.

Let's not forget that there isn't a single team in the league that the Canucks can't beat if they are playing hard. Shouldn't matter who we get matched up with, we should be able to progress.

Well, at least in the west, you can sort of rationalize the playoff positions. VAN-CGY matchup would be great, but the thing is, with the Flames heat up, and the Nucks cooling down, would this be a 6 or 7 gamer? But then again, even if it was, the travel isn't going to be that bad.

Archived