The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Booth Trade

mbal23

Ok so I wanna know what you guys think of the trade now looking at Floridas spot in the east because a lot of us were rofling at them for letting go of booth for Samuelson and sturm. I think both teams got exactly what they needed and all players with the big club are contributing. Florida is one point out of second in the east and ready for their first playoffs in forever

Ok so I wanna know what you guys think of the trade now looking at Floridas spot in the east because a lot of us were rofling at them for letting go of booth for Samuelson and sturm. I think both teams got exactly what they needed and all players with the big club are contributing. Florida is one point out of second in the east and ready for their first playoffs in forever

I think we won the Booth trade hands down. Booth would have at least 25 goals right now if he wasnt out for 6 weeks, we would have more wins in the standings cuz that line wouldve been together way longer and have built their chemistry more. I dont know why AV took so long to put them together again....

Just have a couple more kinks to figure out and the Canucks will be on a roll again

Nothing wrong with the trade. Sammy is Happy in Fl and Booth fits well and loves playing in Van.

Booth brings a lot to the table. Sammy is going to retire in the near future,and at least he will finish his career with a team that is playing well.

(Not a jab at Vancouver,just commenting that Fla is playing well this season and he didn't get traded to a crappy team)

So ya,all in all the trade was a good thing for both clubs.

Samuelsson is criminally underrated on these boards. And Booth, as good as he is, is still a bit overpaid.

But Sturm is useless - Reinprecht is giving us more value on the farm now, and should be a decent playoff call-up. Add in the 3rd rounder, and it's a definite win for Vancouver.

I see what your saying with them being 1 point out of second in the east due to them winning there conference, but if you look at points there actually 7th in the east, just ahead of Washington.

I would also say vertseeg who picked it up this year helped when he joined the team.

I too believe we won that trade hands down. First of all, at the time, Vancouver needed a wake up call. I liked Samuelsson, but he is moving past his prime and MG saw opportunity to get a great younger player just entering into his prime.

I feel Booth and Kesler along with Higgins have been great together. They add a gritty, chippy style of play that compliments the Sedin line nicely. Booth looks right at home in Vancouver.

I know that the Canucks have been in a rut lately but, rest assured, they will come out of it. I am looking forward to another deep run in the playoffs.

I too believe we won that trade hands down. First of all, at the time, Vancouver needed a wake up call. I liked Samuelsson, but he is moving past his prime and MG saw opportunity to get a great younger player just entering into his prime.

I feel Booth and Kesler along with Higgins have been great together. They add a gritty, chippy style of play that compliments the Sedin line nicely. Booth looks right at home in Vancouver.

I know that the Canucks have been in a rut lately but, rest assured, they will come out of it. I am looking forward to another deep run in the playoffs.

Archived