The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wednesday's Game Will Show Everything.

drukes1234

Wednesday's game against the Hawks will show whether this team is simply disintereted or if they have completely lost chemistry and are no longer cup contenders. It is always a huge game when we play the Blackhawks and if the team cannot generate emotion and play a great game then there it's time to hit the panic button. Even if we lose the game, but compete and battle hard and show we still have what it takes to make a long run, then we can all breathe.

Hopefully by then the Raymond experiment would have failed and we'd see Kassian on the 1st line and move him to the 4th (or press box).

I for one am still very confident in the team with my main concerns being the 1st line (which I think can really work well with Zack on it) and Luongo.

I don't want to get started on Luongo, it's frustrating but the reality is he has folded up for 3 straight playoff years, isn't the definition of insanity continuing to do the same thing when it is not working? I'd love nothing more than to win a cup with Lou backstopping us, but he's unfortunately proven that is an unlikely feat.

agreed. it is the last time this season that the team will see the opposing team as a real threat, and should bring them together and help focus them.

it is a pivotal game - sports are all about momentum and emotion and this is it.

They can play great and win/lose, or get their asses utterly handed to them. Either way it is good tonic, just what they need.

At the moment I don't think Kassian belongs on the 1st line. He played his first 2 games with pure energy but since has dissapeared with the exception of getting beat up and coughing up the puck twice for goals. I like Bitz in the lineup better at this stage of Kassian's development. Not doubting his upside just his maturity.

Agreed. Maybe if they see this as a playoff game they will take it more serious. I mean lets face it by judging the last 3 years, we'll see the blackhawks again in the playoffs haha.

Sedins with Kassian needs to be tried before the playoffs as well, as im sure there will be a point when the Sedins are getting shutdown and Kassian would be tried. Might be nice to get him there beforehand so they can develop some chemistry before when we really need them ;)

Wednesday's game against the Hawks will show whether this team is simply disintereted or if they have completely lost chemistry and are no longer cup contenders. It is always a huge game when we play the Blackhawks and if the team cannot generate emotion and play a great game then there it's time to hit the panic button. Even if we lose the game, but compete and battle hard and show we still have what it takes to make a long run, then we can all breathe.

Hopefully by then the Raymond experiment would have failed and we'd see Kassian on the 1st line and move him to the 4th (or press box).

I for one am still very confident in the team with my main concerns being the 1st line (which I think can really work well with Zack on it) and Luongo.

I don't want to get started on Luongo, it's frustrating but the reality is he has folded up for 3 straight playoff years, isn't the definition of insanity continuing to do the same thing when it is not working? I'd love nothing more than to win a cup with Lou backstopping us, but he's unfortunately proven that is an unlikely feat.

Regardless of Toews being being injured there is still an enormous rivalry between these two teams. If we have actually been playing like junk because we feel we have nothing to play for, then this rivarly should show what we can do in a game that the players in my opinion want to win much more so than a game against Phoenix.

I'm actually encouraged by what I saw against Phoenix minus the horrific D coverage which is due to the very odd decision to shuffle the pairings. I love our new 3rd line, love Kes on the half board on the PP and will await someone like Kassian or Bitz to be given a shot with the twins.

Also, Lou has to be better, plain and simple.

It's hard for any game to be 'huge' when you're guaranteed home ice for at least two rounds and you're pretty unconcerned with the team who is in front of you.

The priorities are and should be to stay healthy yourself and to try to bang-up the other teams. Cheers.

TOML

Archived