The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wednesday's Game Will Show Everything.

drukes1234

Unless Lou finds his groove, this team is going into the playoffs a worried bunch. I'm sure it would only take a few solid games by either goalie to set the right tone and raise the confidence level. winning the next 3 games would be a huge step. Columbus should be a given but Minn and Chicago will be much different. The team needs to get other teams watching them before playoffs or they will go into playoffs with high expectations of knocking off our Canucks.

Wednesday's game against the Hawks will show whether this team is simply disintereted or if they have completely lost chemistry and are no longer cup contenders. It is always a huge game when we play the Blackhawks and if the team cannot generate emotion and play a great game then there it's time to hit the panic button. Even if we lose the game, but compete and battle hard and show we still have what it takes to make a long run, then we can all breathe.

Hopefully by then the Raymond experiment would have failed and we'd see Kassian on the 1st line and move him to the 4th (or press box).

I for one am still very confident in the team with my main concerns being the 1st line (which I think can really work well with Zack on it) and Luongo.

I don't want to get started on Luongo, it's frustrating but the reality is he has folded up for 3 straight playoff years, isn't the definition of insanity continuing to do the same thing when it is not working? I'd love nothing more than to win a cup with Lou backstopping us, but he's unfortunately proven that is an unlikely feat.

Mhmm, Luongo is terrible in the Playoffs, he can never get it done in Big games... Give me a break.

Theres some other great Goailes in this league, and some players who have been to the All Star game, who have Done less than Lui and still no body bashes them.

Johnathon Quick: 2 straight 1st Round Loses

Jimmy Howard: 2 Straight 2nd Round Loses

Pekka Rinne: 2 1st Round Loses, 1 2nd Round lose

Ilya Bryzgalov(as a starter): 2 1st Round loses

Carey Price: 2 1st round lose, 1 2nd round lose (Halak was started when they made it too the 3rd round)

Ryan Miller: 1 1st round lose, 1 2nd round lose, 1 3rd round lose

Henrik Lundqivst: 4 1st round lose, 2 2nd round lose

Tomas Vokoun: 1st Round lose.

There any others I should add? Theres some stars Goailes who have gone as far as Lui or longer but alot Haven't. I think everyone is a little Harsh on him in that regard, Only 1 team wins it every year, we can't expect to win every year. I don't even think we had the team to win it all until last year we probably would have lost in 2009 and 2010 anyways.

Wednesday's game against the Hawks will show whether this team is simply disintereted or if they have completely lost chemistry and are no longer cup contenders. It is always a huge game when we play the Blackhawks and if the team cannot generate emotion and play a great game then there it's time to hit the panic button. Even if we lose the game, but compete and battle hard and show we still have what it takes to make a long run, then we can all breathe.

Hopefully by then the Raymond experiment would have failed and we'd see Kassian on the 1st line and move him to the 4th (or press box).

I for one am still very confident in the team with my main concerns being the 1st line (which I think can really work well with Zack on it) and Luongo.

I don't want to get started on Luongo, it's frustrating but the reality is he has folded up for 3 straight playoff years, isn't the definition of insanity continuing to do the same thing when it is not working? I'd love nothing more than to win a cup with Lou backstopping us, but he's unfortunately proven that is an unlikely feat.

Mhmm, Luongo is terrible in the Playoffs, he can never get it done in Big games... Give me a break.

Theres some other great Goailes in this league, and some players who have been to the All Star game, who have Done less than Lui and still no body bashes them.

Carey Price: 2 1st round lose, 1 2nd round lose (Halak was started when they made it too the 3rd round)

There any others I should add? Theres some stars Goailes who have gone as far as Lui or longer but alot Haven't. I think everyone is a little Harsh on him in that regard, Only 1 team wins it every year, we can't expect to win every year. I don't even think we had the team to win it all until last year we probably would have lost in 2009 and 2010 anyways.

Yes, I watched the games. The team played very well until Luongo started letting in softy after softy in Boston. Canucks had some VERY good scoring chances in games 3 and 4 in Boston to start the game, Thomas made some very key saves and Boston came back shorly after, potted 2 or 3 and the game was finished. I vividly remember us killing Rome's 5 min penalty and Raymond having a great chance on Thomas, only to be absolutely robbed. Had Raymond scored, in my opinion, we go up 3-0 in the series. You fail to realize how small things change the course of a game, not scoring on a 5 min PP then immediately being scored on would have demoralized the Bruins to such an extent that the game likely would have turned out completely differently. Instead, one soft goal by Lou, followed by another, then by another completely changed the course of that game and that series.

So, with a straight face you are going to tell me he didn't absolutely meltdown against Chicago 2 years in a row (ALMOST 3 years in a row) he was pathetic in games 4 and 5 and didn't even get the nod in game 6) let Nasvhille back into a series that had no right being in with goals let in from behind the net and you're right, he was fabulous in games 3, 4, 6, 7 of the finals when it mattered most.

Archived