The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider In For Saturday

sampy

Considering we;re playing the worst team in the league it's not that unlikely that Schneider will get a shutout, him and Luongo both have a GAA of around 1 against Columbus, i think Luongo's is actually less than 1.

Some of the stuff you guys are saying are absolutely ridiculous... Schneider's a great back up goalie and all but you all make it sound like he's the next jesus christ. According to almost everyone in cdc Schneider can do no wrong... we win its because of his awesome goaltending, we lose its because the team sucked, if he lets in a softie people blow it off like he let in a laser for stamkos. Luongo on the other hand when we win its because the team played great and luo sucked, we lose its luo fault, we win when he makes ~40 saves team played great, we lose when he makes 40 saves bench luo he sucked.

Schneider's the greatest back up we have ever had but I just can't bring myself to stand behind someone who has accomplished very little in his career.

If Schneiderman goes in and pitches a shutout, things will be starting to get interesting.

If their recent performance trends continue, there's certainly enough time left in the season for Corey to take over the #1 job. But I expect Lu to snap out of it soon.

Some of the stuff you guys are saying are absolutely ridiculous... Schneider's a great back up goalie and all but you all make it sound like he's the next jesus christ. According to almost everyone in cdc Schneider can do no wrong... we win its because of his awesome goaltending, we lose its because the team sucked, if he lets in a softie people blow it off like he let in a laser for stamkos. Luongo on the other hand when we win its because the team played great and luo sucked, we lose its luo fault, we win when he makes ~40 saves team played great, we lose when he makes 40 saves bench luo he sucked.

Schneider's the greatest back up we have ever had but I just can't bring myself to stand behind someone who has accomplished very little in his career.

So Lou has had 4-5 bad games now following a span of about 20 games where he was really the only reason we were tight in games despite coming out with no heart at all and playing 10 minutes a game. Yet, he needs to earn the next start after only losing 4 games? When the team itself is playing like crap for so long at some point the goalie who is carrying them is going to have a rough patch. I absolutely agree with starting Schneider tomorrow however and I think he will do fine. Luongo is in a mini slump, and more importantly the team needs a change to wake them the hell up. If Luongo plays 20 good ones people forget the moment he has a bad one. It's the usual thing. Hows about everyone look at it realistically and see that the team is playing bad and so is the goalie, theres 12 games to go to get it in order for the playoffs and that's it.

Many of you extol the virtues of Schneider as if they are proven. He has been amazing this year and has had few bad games, albeit he has had some as all goalies do. But he has yet to prove anything aside from being good enough to be tried at a starter somewhere. You all seem to forget that Halak had a streak of games as the backup in the PLAYOFFS that everyone took note of and has yet to do anything with a larger workload than a 1b. Some goalies don't play well with a lot of games at the NHL level. All we know about Schneider is how well he plays angles and moves, and that over a short span he is reliable. He has NOT been tested over a full season and the Canucks are not a bottom feeder who can play around with goalies. Also he has a playoff start that...let's just say its one of his bad games.

That far from absolves Luongo of blame. He has been very up and down during the playoffs in the past. Not necessarily in the first round but in further rounds. As for the season, there is no comparison. Lou is 3rd all time in regular season save percentage and has had a level of consistency that none of his peers have had (peers being people drafted a few years either way of him). He has had 4-5 bad games now. That's it. Can anyone here point out 4-5 bad games from the Sedins, or from Kesler, or from the defense? I could point out 10+ for each. Frankly I don't see all the other struggling elite teams crapting on their goalie when it is the TEAM that is struggling, but I guess this is the goalie graveyard for a reason.

I would not be against starting Schneider cold into a game in the playoffs if Luongo was legitimately the primary reason we lost the game before (not last game, but I would point to a couple others in the last 5 where yea...he was). If he plays strong then it's interesting who starts the next one but it is not automatically Cory or Lou either in my opinion. But that's me. I do not think it wrong to go back to Lou or to play Schneider another one either. I am not a Luongo apologist but I'm not part of this Schneider circle jerk either. If Schneids has proven anything, it's that he can start cold and play perfectly, not that he can carry a team over an 82 game schedule or a playoff run. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

MG usually never says anything in an interview he doesn't mean 100% if he says Luo is #1 I believe him. If you watch his interviews before deadlines and after trades and during off seasons dispite constant speculation by fans and media he as far as I know has never said anything and done the opposite.

I absolutley despise the people who blame everything on Luongo, and only come out of their holes when he's in a funk like he is now. Whereas when Schneider lets in a softie/plays bad, the Luongo haters brush it by like nothing happened. This also why we are hated around the league. Because idiots like the one's on CDC, only s**t on Luongo. Pathetic :picard:

.............In all Honesty IMO the ENTIRE team is "waiting" for the Playoff's....as we ALL saw last year,there is really ONLY 1 truly important game and that is Winning game # 16 of the Playoff's....and I hope and pray (almost literally) that my "opinion" turns out to be the true reason for the inconsistent play so far this season.......waiting

Archived