The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider In For Saturday

sampy

If Schneiderman goes in and pitches a shutout, things will be starting to get interesting.

If their recent performance trends continue, there's certainly enough time left in the season for Corey to take over the #1 job. But I expect Lu to snap out of it soon.

Schneider is our best goalie, no doubt about it. The only reason lu is branded the number one is because of his contract.ask yourself honestly, IF both LU and Schneids were on the same contracts, Who do you think MG would keep?

The young Schneider who's already posting better numbers then lu, is VERY strong mentaly (at least compared to lu) and is just entering his prime.

Or lu, an aging goalie, who has a habit of collapsing under pressure

Its really hard to know whats up with lou....Melanson had him playing great goal last season...but for some reason he got off track in the playoffs...won some games on his ability but left the technical bits out... this year he has same coach but has not utilized the same methods that were so rewarding last year.. he reverts to bad habits when under pressure and thats never more evident than when the play is near the blue paint.

Lou needs to keep it simple. he overplays the puck. over anxious I think. He doesn;t need to"flash the leather" thats grandstanding and hes done that all his life. He needs to square up, play the angles and let the puck hit him...and either cover up or direct the puck to corners. I sometimes wonder if its his eyes that are the problem because hes often late picking up the puck.

Playing it simple is what is so successful for Schneider...nothing fancy...just solid fundamentals. Thus, he makes a lot less flashy saves than Lou because his saves are easier.

I have no idea how to fix Lou...its like the chicken and the egg...what comes first..confidence or technique with him.

You can't avoid a controversy by pretending there isn't one. LU is playing BAD! Cory is playing GREAT! If that continues for a few more games, the controversy is real whether you like it or not...in fact, the controversy already is real.

Lu is being given every opportunity to prove he deserves to carry the team which, considering his position is appropriate. If he does not actually start earning the starts, it is his own fault and the ownership and management should (and I hope will) do what gives the team the best chance to win even if that means sitting Lu.

If Schneiderman goes in and pitches a shutout, things will be starting to get interesting.

If their recent performance trends continue, there's certainly enough time left in the season for Corey to take over the #1 job. But I expect Lu to snap out of it soon.

Archived