The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Whats Your Nhl 12 Be A Gm Fantasy Team?

Danthecanucksfan

Thanks. I am a couple seasons in.

It helps when you can draft guys like Lidstrom, Thomas, Pronger, Gonchar, Kaberle ect. Late because all it takes is a small draft pick and one of them to get a good young player.

Lidstrom + 3rd for Weber

Kaberle + 5th for Del Zotto

Bryzgalov + Thomas + 2nd for Quick + Bernier

Pronger, Jagr, JVR 1st for Schenn + Kessel

Crosby + Burrows for Spezza + Neal + Neil

I think I drafted the rest.

Thanks. I am a couple seasons in.

It helps when you can draft guys like Lidstrom, Thomas, Pronger, Gonchar, Kaberle ect. Late because all it takes is a small draft pick and one of them to get a good young player.

Lidstrom + 3rd for Weber

Kaberle + 5th for Del Zotto

Bryzgalov + Thomas + 2nd for Quick + Bernier

Pronger, Jagr, JVR 1st for Schenn + Kessel

Crosby + Burrows for Spezza + Neal + Neil

I think I drafted the rest.

kovalchuk-giroux-perry

JVR-Tavares-Skinner

Gerbe-Kadri-Selanne

Moen-Malhotra-z.kassian

Subban-M Staal

Edker-Gonchar

Dell Zotto-bieksa

Price

E.Lack

It's my second year and I lost in game six of SCF. I traded anisimov for Kadri, Kadri grew to 80. signed dell zotto and Subban to 8 year contracts at about 4 Million a year

Semin/Crosby/Pominville

Hartnell/Hodgson/Cole

Whitney/Huberdeau/Landeskog

Filatov/Neil/Dupuis

Kaberle/Streit

Jovanovski/Zidlicky

Larsson/Robidas

Schneider

Theodore

Put myself to 3rd overall pick, and somehow got Crosby. Stamkos and Fleury were taken 1st and 2nd, lol.

Ferriero

Duco

Orr

Rodin

Khokhlachev

Watson

Puempel

Kabanov

Mottau

G: Caron, Gustavsson

I tried not to make my team insanely stacked because it's too easy to in NHL 12, so my half realistic lineup is

TBL

2016-2017 season

Stamkos-Kesler-McColgan

Landeskog-Johansen-Phillips

Raymond-Connolly-Jensen

Rinaldo-B.Schenn-Weise

Hedman-Suter

DeHaan-Ballard

O'Brien-Rome

Schneiderman

Bishop

I got the McColgan guy, who is a real player, as a throw in in a NYR trade. He was 78 overall with B-'s across the board, and I thought he would be a good first liner for my minor team. After 1 year down there he became 85 overall with B potential, and he's only gotten better from there. Weird potential and value system. Same with Schenn. He was like 81 or 82 with A offense potential but c's everywhere else and he had like a 1/5 bar of value, got him for a 2nd rounder, now he's probably the highest scoring 4th liner in the league. The Philips guy I drafted 2nd overall in 2015, came in as an 80 PWF and is now an 86 PWF with a year left in his entry contract.

As for the D pairings, the bottom 4 (besides De Haan, who I signed at a bargain 3m for 6 year deal) is relatively weak, which is because I can't afford better D lol. I've got like 33m tied down in my first 2 lines and I've got Schneids long term for 6 per year.

• 5 weeks later...

I just completed my fantasy draft with Winnipeg.I got a team I am happy with the only question mark is going to be in net.

A.Ovechkin- E.Stall- J.Voracek

E.Kane- M.Hanzal- G.Landeskog

S.Couturier- D.Langkow- M.Samuelsson

K.Clifford- J.Arnott- D.Dorsett

K.Yandle - D.Hamhuis

J.Bouwmeester - J.Gorges

J.Cowen - K.Klein

A.Montoya

N.Khabibulin

Fourth year Be a GM:

Zach Parise (92) - Ryan Kesler (93) - Patrick Kane (92)

Alex Burrows (83) - Tyler Seguin (89) - Jordan Eberle (87)

Nicklas Jensen (80) - Jordan Schroeder (82) - Zack Kassian (80)

Jeremy Morin (78) - Maxim Lapierre (83) - (I forget lol)

Alexander Edler (88) - Ryan Suter (87)

Chris Tanev (83) - Dan Hamhuis (85)

Marc-Andre Gragnani (80) - Kevin Connauton (79)

Cory Schneider (92)

Eddie Lack (82)

I upped the difficulty a lot on my latest BAGM.

Franchise: Columbus Blue Jackets

Rosters: April 17, 2012

BAGM Difficulty Level: Hard

Salary Cap: On

Trades: None (self-imposed)

Waivers: None (completely off, AI makes too many stupid decisions like putting Girardi on waivers)

Free Agents: None (self-imposed, obviously allowed to re-sign my own RFAs and UFAs)

All games simmed (Regular Season = Sim Engine, Playoffs = CPU vs. CPU on All-Star/Hardcore/10 min. Periods)

I made a few trades to get the missing draft picks from trades that actually already occurred (2012 4th from VAN in Pahlsson trade, 2013 4th from PHX in Vermette trade, 2013 1st from LAK in Carter trade), but outside of that, no trades (signed Free Agents they had already put offers in on and then traded them to get the missing picks). I just wanted to concentrate solely on the drafting and development aspects of BAGM mode and I hate playing the games since it's Be a GM mode, not Build-a-Team-And-Dominate-Every-Game-Because-It-Is-Too-Easy-To-Exploit-The-AI mode.

Finally made the playoffs in 2015-2016 and, of course, I draw the Canucks in the first round. Currently in game 3 and up 2-0. Luongo, Bieksa, and Burrows all retired for the Canucks, so it definitely has a different look. Schneider is in goal, but not faring too well.

Current CBJ squad is:

Umberger - Brassard - Nash

Calvert - Johansen - Atkinson

Tremaine - Mackenzie - Dorsett

Byers - Letestu - Mayorov

Johnson - Wisniewski

Tyutin - Savard

Moore - Goloubef

Mason

McElhinney

Tremaine was my first round pick in 2012 (#1 overall). Also snagged a #5 pick in 2013 (Stovin) and a #2 pick in 2014 (Ekblad), so lots of talent on the way.

Archived