The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thought About Raymond

powerman

I, as well as many others, have been wondering why in the world AV has put Raymond on the 1st line with the Sedins. Then I had a thought:

Maybe AV has put him there as a process to help Raymond get ready for the playoffs. Raymond has been brutal for a long time now, however, he could be a key member of the team during the playoffs. Maybe AV has him with the Sedins for the next few games to try to get him some points and build his confidence leading up to the playoffs. Then for the last few games of the season He puts Burrows back with the twins to keep chemistry leading into the off season.

I know the Sedins have been struggling of late too, but AV maybe figures they are good enough pull out of it regardless who their other winger is. The Canucks have a lock for at least 2nd place in the West and AV needs to look big picture towards the playoffs.

If this is the case, and it works to get raymond some confidence leading into the off-season, we have a much more effective forward group giving AV more options.

Just a thought...

i swear some lil kid told us how bad he was a couple christmases ago when he wrote a christmas letter to him asking him to do better or something along those lines. If a lil' kid can see how bad he is then i think it is enough said.

Raymond wasn't terrible, good defensively as always, but tonight the line's success was because of the Sedins. I would rather give them some props and hope that this is them turing their game around...hopefully in time for the post-season.

The kid just had one of his best games of the year, and nearly finished on a number of great plays by the Sedins. Looks like the Sedins are back so it doesn't really matter who they're playing with, they'll score some goals, but Raymond was looking determined out there all night. Great on the cycle behind the net because he kept moving his feet, and even better on the back-check.

i posted this earlier today:

I personally dont think Kassian can play on the first line with the twins this year. Maybe we will see that in couple of years but not anytime soon. I think raymond should be given some time with the twins, until he can find his scoring touch along with his confidence. As much as Raymond should be able to finish while he is playing with the twins, the Sedins are world class players that should be capable of helping out a player like Raymond.Im sure we can all agree that Burr on the 3rd line is pretty good right no, so AV should leave that for now.Give Ray few more games with the Twins.. let him get his confidence back, let the twins get their scoring touch back then we can "experiment" something else.

Anybody that watches Raymond play can see he does the same move over and over again

== Here I go you can probably call the play by play with me and dont even haveto read any further

Raymond is one on one with a defender near the boards and the blueline

he fakes taking the puck inside and direct to the net

takes the puck along the boards and snaps a shot around the faceoff circle

easily stopped by any NHL goalie and covered .

Ps

I always hear how everybody talks about how fast he is which i do agree

but if your fast wouldnt you be taking the puck to the net and breaking the defenders ankles.

Archived