Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

powerman

Thought About Raymond

54 posts in this topic

I though he looked better tonight. Not good enough, but it's progress.

I, as well as many others, have been wondering why in the world AV has put Raymond on the 1st line with the Sedins. Then I had a thought:

Maybe AV has put him there as a process to help Raymond get ready for the playoffs. Raymond has been brutal for a long time now, however, he could be a key member of the team during the playoffs. Maybe AV has him with the Sedins for the next few games to try to get him some points and build his confidence leading up to the playoffs. Then for the last few games of the season He puts Burrows back with the twins to keep chemistry leading into the off season.

I know the Sedins have been struggling of late too, but AV maybe figures they are good enough pull out of it regardless who their other winger is. The Canucks have a lock for at least 2nd place in the West and AV needs to look big picture towards the playoffs.

If this is the case, and it works to get raymond some confidence leading into the off-season, we have a much more effective forward group giving AV more options.

Just a thought...

After watching him in tonight's game, he should be in the press box....any other player (except Rome) would either be benched or in the press box.

If you last name starts with an R, AV gets a stiffy for ya!

Raymond played well tonight. No reason to bash him when he played well. He got many chances tonight and didn't do anything bad worth remembering. Raymond's here to stay until the playoffs are over so might as well cheer for him and hope that he gets outa his funk. Plus playing with the sedin's he's bound to get a point or goal sometime.

It's funny how some of the regular posters seem to think they have to defend the Canuck platers regardless of whether they are playing well or brutally poor... The guys know when they are sucking and also when they are just not getting the breaks. Sometimes though it just must be said that it is time to move on... MayRay is at that point, even tonight those that say he played better are covering for him. The Blue Jackets are the worst team in the league, Raymond did nothing to stand out he was falling with or without being touched he won't go near the front of the net AV is just playing him until they can call up one of the players from Chicago without losing that player to waivers and then hopefully for the rest of the squad MayRay can cool his jets until nexy training camp as anyone that truly watches can see he is not accomplishing much except for perhaps frutrating the linemates he is put with. Some time to watch and recover without negatively affecting the squad and maybe he can be a valuable part of this team again. I hope so as I agree he is generally reliable defensively while on a top line but is a detriment offensively and he doesn't fit on the third or fourth lines so what other option do we have.

Raymond had his best game in a long time tonight.

Raymond played great today. Had a lot of scoring chances and was noticeable.

I'd give him a B- tonight, he wasn't bad.

He needs to put some points in the board soon or he'll probably lose his spot to Reinprecht in 3 weeks

he played good tonight.. made himself present and had some chances.. i do think though that partly was related to the fact that the sedins played well also.. i have a feeling that if the twins had bad games mayray wouldnt have been as good tonight.. but whatever, good to see him take a step in the roght direction. Hes still got a long way to go though and needs to find some consistency..

There was nothing wrong with Raymond's play tonight. What I don't understand is why all you Raymond haters have to come here every f...ing single game to bash him. If you guys think you're all so damn good, why don't you all go play for Nucks. Then we'll see how good you guys all are.

It's funny how some of the regular posters seem to think they have to defend the Canuck platers regardless of whether they are playing well or brutally poor... The guys know when they are sucking and also when they are just not getting the breaks. Sometimes though it just must be said that it is time to move on... MayRay is at that point, even tonight those that say he played better are covering for him. The Blue Jackets are the worst team in the league, Raymond did nothing to stand out he was falling with or without being touched he won't go near the front of the net AV is just playing him until they can call up one of the players from Chicago without losing that player to waivers and then hopefully for the rest of the squad MayRay can cool his jets until nexy training camp as anyone that truly watches can see he is not accomplishing much except for perhaps frutrating the linemates he is put with. Some time to watch and recover without negatively affecting the squad and maybe he can be a valuable part of this team again. I hope so as I agree he is generally reliable defensively while on a top line but is a detriment offensively and he doesn't fit on the third or fourth lines so what other option do we have.

I thought he looked kinda lost - out of position at times i dont want to make fun of him but i call him bambi when he falls. At least maybe he can clear the neutral zone then let sedins do theirthing but really if you arent scoring with the sedins passing to you .. Hmm

Raymond worked his ass off and he had a great game tonight, stop give him s**t

Not a bad game for Ratmond, however need a few more games and compare them. As it stands right now, he needs improvement and don't think 1st line is for him.

There was nothing wrong with Raymond's play tonight. What I don't understand is why all you Raymond haters have to come here every f...ing single game to bash him. If you guys think you're all so damn good, why don't you all go play for Nucks. Then we'll see how good you guys all are.

Because this needed a new thread.

Couldn't this have gone in the GDT?

Raymond's play doesn't need 3 new threads every day, for crying out loud.

Raymond looks lost out there.

Does this really deserve it's own thread?

Way to show you either didn't watch the game or you have no idea how to assess a hockey performance. Raymond played well, was unlucky a few times, stayed on his feet apart from one (Henrik also fell with no one near him but I don't care) time when he was shoved, fought well for the puck and his speed was a big asset out there.

You haven't a clue! Watch the game again and be ashamed.

"Raymond should be watching the game from the press box"

You should just learn to watch the game full stop and then you wouldn't make comments like that and make a fool out of yourself.

"but most nights he never even tries to use his speed or skill to get points."

Or more likely most nights you either don't watch the game or you haven't a clue what you are looking at.

"Raymond is a waste of a player, hes not physical or nothing. He needs to go."

Another sad parrot repeating what he's heard and hasn't seen in an attempt to be popular but ultimately like the other Raymond haters just demonstrates he hasn't a clue.

"After watching him in tonight's game, he should be in the press box....any other player (except Rome) would either be benched or in the press box.

If you last name starts with an R, AV gets a stiffy for ya!"

You telling porkys again. You didn't watch the game. You just proved it. Either that, or you are so biased your opinion isn't worth a plug anyway. Either way you haven't a clue.

"The kid just had one of his best games of the year, and nearly finished on a number of great plays by the Sedins. Looks like the Sedins are back so it doesn't really matter who they're playing with, they'll score some goals, but Raymond was looking determined out there all night. Great on the cycle behind the net because he kept moving his feet, and even better on the back-check."

Not often I agree with you DUC but while I would not agree that he had one of his best games of the year MR did fine and as I say with a bit of luck he could have had some points.

"There was nothing wrong with Raymond's play tonight. What I don't understand is why all you Raymond haters have to come here every f...ing single game to bash him. If you guys think you're all so damn good, why don't you all go play for Nucks. Then we'll see how good you guys all are."

The answer is simple, they are the hockey equivalent of lemmings.

After every game they rise like zombies muttering "must make a fool of myself, must post some lies and garbage about Raymond." Then off they go trotting out the same puerile rubbish hoping to infect some outer gullible morons with the let's hate MR disease.

It's a hoot :emot-parrot: