The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pgt Nux 4-3 Basement Dwellers

Jaimito

The first goal was a bad one. Second one was just bad luck and not his fault, though he was a bit deep in the net which could have made a difference. For the third he should have been further out in the crease, wasn't really his fault but top goalies stop that one most of the time.

I'd like to see Luongo get the nod to get his groove on before Chicago. If he has a bad one, then go to Schneider against Chi town.

Ohhh lordy Canucks, you guys never fail to get our hearts racing do you :rolleyes:

That was a terribly executed game and the end result was a little too close for comfort. Time to hit the road!

2 goals off of lost draws - anyone still think we don't need Malhotra?

Nice to see the Sedins hit the scoresheet again. But like Toronto, it was against a team that isn't making the playoffs so not sure what to make of it.

Booth is playing like a beast. Love his game when he's going strong to the net.

Liked Mason Raymond's puck pursuit game but he's not a playmaker and he's certainly not a finisher so IMO he doesn't fit on the team's top scoring line

Really liked Salo's game today

Edler was better too - loved his goal. Never before have I seen such a miscue on a goal. Haha the players are yelling at each other before they've even given up the goal :lol:

Schneidy had a rough game today IMO. I've seen him give up bad goals but usually he recovers after that. Today he seemed to struggle with bad rebounds and uncharacteristic plays all game. But he made the saves when it mattered. He should get the start in Minny - Lu hates Minny and plus Schneider can't get into a groove if he doesn't play consistently

Glad for the win, now let's do it on the road.

Happy St Patty's everyone!

He played alright, but he still played better than Lu has been playing lately. Give the games to whoever is performing the best is the way to go. It is all about the wins. Both goalies in my opinion are equally good, but one has been around longer.

This is comming from a person who has Lu as his favorite player/goalie in the NHL.

I'm wondering what everyone thought about Schneids perfomance tonight especially the Schneidermaniacs.

IMO he looked shakey, bad rebound control, his puck handling is really not to be desired, and atleast 2 times tonight I seen him with his back to the puck. He didn't look focused and really didn't look ready to play tonight.

For a team that has been struggling offensively as of late, is it acceptable that he let in 3 goals against the worst team in the league?

Is this game going to be looked at as just another win for Schneider and used as fuel for the fire?

Who should AV start next game in your opinion? Like I said Cory didn't look too focused tonight but do you let him play next game just because he got the win?

A little bit of an off game for Schneider but even when he's off he's still solid. Made several big saves (including a couple right at the end to close it out). Columbus ended up throwing 33 pucks on net tonight too. The first goal was a little weak but not too bad, he couldn't be faulted on the second one (Kes should know better than to try to block a shot that way) and the 3rd one was an absolutely perfect shot. Much better goaltending than we've been seeing lately anyway.

A little bit of an off game for Schneider but even when he's off he's still solid. Made several big saves (including a couple right at the end to close it out). Columbus ended up throwing 36 pucks on net tonight too. The first goal was a little weak but not too bad, he couldn't be faulted on the second one (Kes should know better than to try to block a shot that way) and the 3rd one was an absolutely perfect shot. Much better goaltending than we've been seeing lately anyway.

How dare you Luongonites call the goal on Schneider tonight, and the last game "soft", they were both great shot's from like 10 ft. away!. You guys would slander your own mother's to benefit your sad selves!

Archived