Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Pgt Nux 4-3 Basement Dwellers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
229 replies to this topic

#211 fyrblaed

fyrblaed

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

Reading the comments on this board always makes me chuckle. It's plainly obvious most of you know nothing about hockey. The concern was not that Schneider let in a softie, but how badly the team played as a whole. When you allow 36 shots by the worst team in the league, you know the team did not play well. As for who should get the bulk of time in net, no questions, it's Luongo. He's your starter, he's the guy making the big bucks and he's broken. At this time, it's more important to let him work through his problems than winning games.

#212 rkoshack

rkoshack

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:25 PM

See this is more of what i was expecting to see, a win is a win when it's CS, but when Luongo lets in 1 bad one and 3 on the night, it's a win but not good enough.

I agree and I'm not some Lu lover or Schneids hater. I like both our goalies. I just find myself defending Lu so often because of the discrepancy in some people's posts on here.

Schneids let's in a weak one and it's the all important 1st goal of the game yet the Canucks come back and win so all is forgiven. If Lu lets in that goal he's getting ripped apart regardless the outcome of the game. They should be treated the same, especially if people want Schneider to be considered for the #1 job

#213 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

So sad that our fanbase feels they need to throw one of our own under the bus to prove the other's point.

Why not make it a positive vs a negative? - we have a goaltender who can come in to relieve the other when need be. That he's getting the chance to build his confidence over time in doing so and is at a stage where we're positive he can get the job done. And that's a bad thing? So much hatred and vitriol after a win.

There is no Cory or Lu in "team", but they're both part of it so relax.

As for Edler's goal....goes to show how other teams come to predict what will be done and also how we can burn them in the process. They didn't likely expect Eddy to go end to end...they expected a (back) pass somewhere in between but, with the clear ice in front of him, he took advantage of it. Keeping it simple vs complicating it. That's what I like about Booth's game...very much a "just go" thing. Now, others get criticized for lack of passing and doing that very thing but, when the opportunity presents itself, you've got to take it.

Agreed with this. Good grief, people, stop arguing about the goalies already. Lou has struggled lately and Schneider may have had a less-than-Godly game last night, but at the end of the day the Canucks still have a better goalie tandem than most teams in the entire league. Enjoy it while it lasts because one of them - obviously very likely it's Schneider - will be gone soon.

#214 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

no why? he beat a weak team and that it is stupid

It's fans like you that make me troll on Luongo on these boards.

What's your point if Schneider beat a weak team? Luongo loses to bad teams.

Your point? I could go on all day about why Luongo has played poor.

Posted Image

#215 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,915 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

I get a laugh out of Tm and Trevor canuck saying schneids let in 3 against the weakest team in the League. A team that just beat St Louis, the top team in the league !! I;m not hearing you say that Lou got beat 4 times by Montreal....one of the weakest teams in the east. Selective memory is very convenient...try keeping it real and balanced !!!

how conveniently you left out that lui shut out st louis, the top team in nhl now.
Posted Image

#216 yes we can nucks

yes we can nucks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

I agree and I'm not some Lu lover or Schneids hater. I like both our goalies. I just find myself defending Lu so often because of the discrepancy in some people's posts on here.

Schneids let's in a weak one and it's the all important 1st goal of the game yet the Canucks come back and win so all is forgiven. If Lu lets in that goal he's getting ripped apart regardless the outcome of the game. They should be treated the same, especially if people want Schneider to be considered for the #1 job

I'm with you. I love the fact we have such a reliable backup in Schneider. But I hate the unfair criticism that Lu gets here whenever the team loses... sometimes even when he wins. There's always something about his 'soft' goals, his bad rebounds, his poor stickhandling, his 'flopping about'... Funny, I saw Schneider do all these same things last game but people make it sound like he was responsible for the win.
Who's kidding who. If Schneider was the #1 goalie. We'd see more of these 'weaknesses'... all of which EVERY goalie has, btw... and it will be him that Lu haters will be trying to run out of town.

#217 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

Sometimes its not just about winning or losing but how you accomplish it. Unless Lou fixes whats broke in practise, playing more games is not going to fix things . Everyone on here finds a way to defend Lou..not one goaltender among them. Yes he shut out St Louis...his lone win in how many games, only game he let in less than 3 goals. His GAA is 2.48 up from 2.11 last season...
You Lou lovers disregard his current stats bring up stats that are scewed in his favour...bring up a 2 yr past Olympics and deny Cory his due.
Only time will solve this goaltending fiasco.Lou may be wearing #1 but his stats are 18th and 21st in NHL..and hes miles behind Cory this season. Hopefully Lou can turn his game around, the team needs him on top of his game for playoffs, win or lose, there is a lot wrong with his game right now...

#218 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,584 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

Ironic, the Columbus Blue jackets have more wins then us since the trade deadline. But a win is a win, they won 4 straight, even when teams are beating them, the Blue Jackets are getting beaten by much unlike us.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#219 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,584 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

Heres the thing, its different for both of them. YOU CANNOT SAY, THEY SHOULD BE TREATED THE SAME, because THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. One is a 6 time NHL all star, 3 time Vezina Nomiee, 3 time Team Canada, (important occasions team Canada, world cup, olympic team 06 and 10) and the gold medal goalie, and more important, he is tagged our number 1 goalie. The guy that will play a huge fraction of the games, and will be our last line of defence when it comes to the Stanley cup playoffs! One is just a back up who is in year 2 of his NHL career. Now how the ***** can you expect the same thing out of both goalies? WE EXPECT LUONGO TO PLAY GREAT. Expections for Schneider IS NOT THE SAME AS LUONGO!!! He needs to play great night in night out! We had a 7 game home stand and Luongo lost all his starts! We won 2, with our back up.

So this is exactly why Luongo is getting ripped a little more then usual and by frustrated fans. We know he can play great, and we expect him to play great like 90% of his starts. It's not a lot to ask for if its someone like Roberto Luongo. If it was like DAn Cloutier, then I will be like whatever he sucks, but no Luongo is a different animal then the average goalie, so the fans have every right to voide their oppions about his incontency. LIke Cmon. The games he lost, THE OTHER GOALIE BAILED THEIR TEAM OUT, but OUR NUMBER 1 FAILED ON US NUMEROUS TIMES. So this is why the Luongo bashers are frustrated. But don't em wrong, they want him to do well, but it's frustrating, and look at the standings. Luongo's inconsistency has costed the team many points, points that would have helped us win the Presdients trophy! Last time we scored 4 goals and lost, Luongo was in net. You see a pattern here? HOw bout Luongo's last 4 starts. 16 goals allowed in his last 4 starts, you can't tell me thats good.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#220 Taelin

Taelin

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

kbieksa3

Got to say...loved the atmosphere last night at RA! The wave, Canucks chants, lots of support!!! Sidenote - Higgy showing abs on tv = fine??
12-03-18 3:01 PM

Juice approves of the crowd last night...maybe CBC muted the crowd or something...

#221 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,350 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

Alex Edler - next Bobby Orr
too soon?

bobby orr did that sort of thing right from the start of his career, and he did it on a far more regular basis .as his coach said ," bobby orr with only one good knee is better than most others with two

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#222 rkoshack

rkoshack

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

Heres the thing, its different for both of them. YOU CANNOT SAY, THEY SHOULD BE TREATED THE SAME, because THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. One is a 6 time NHL all star, 3 time Vezina Nomiee, 3 time Team Canada, (important occasions team Canada, world cup, olympic team 06 and 10) and the gold medal goalie, and more important, he is tagged our number 1 goalie. The guy that will play a huge fraction of the games, and will be our last line of defence when it comes to the Stanley cup playoffs! One is just a back up who is in year 2 of his NHL career. Now how the ***** can you expect the same thing out of both goalies? WE EXPECT LUONGO TO PLAY GREAT. Expections for Schneider IS NOT THE SAME AS LUONGO!!! He needs to play great night in night out! We had a 7 game home stand and Luongo lost all his starts! We won 2, with our back up.

So this is exactly why Luongo is getting ripped a little more then usual and by frustrated fans. We know he can play great, and we expect him to play great like 90% of his starts. It's not a lot to ask for if its someone like Roberto Luongo. If it was like DAn Cloutier, then I will be like whatever he sucks, but no Luongo is a different animal then the average goalie, so the fans have every right to voide their oppions about his incontency. LIke Cmon. The games he lost, THE OTHER GOALIE BAILED THEIR TEAM OUT, but OUR NUMBER 1 FAILED ON US NUMEROUS TIMES. So this is why the Luongo bashers are frustrated. But don't em wrong, they want him to do well, but it's frustrating, and look at the standings. Luongo's inconsistency has costed the team many points, points that would have helped us win the Presdients trophy! Last time we scored 4 goals and lost, Luongo was in net. You see a pattern here? HOw bout Luongo's last 4 starts. 16 goals allowed in his last 4 starts, you can't tell me thats good.

The thing is tho that many fans on here would have you believe Schneids should be the #1, that he is the better goalie of the two. If that's the case then he should be critiqued and scrutinized just as much as Lu. That comes with the territory of being a #1 and a top goalie, especially in a Canadian market.

I have no doubt in my mind that if Lu was traded that it would only be a matter of time until Schneider was the one getting ripped and treated like this on every goal, every loss and people would then be screaming for Lack to be the number 1. It's just the way it is in this city

#223 DrWhom

DrWhom

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

3 goals against the worst team in the league? if Luongo did that we would probably never hear the end of it.

Well the worst team is really Montreal and Lu did let in more than 3 last week.......think about it....how many points would the habs have if they had to play Detroit, Nashville, St Louis and Chicago 6 times each instead of the Leafs, Sabres, Senators etc. Seriously.
Cory is 9-0-1 in his last ten games. Lu has not been anywhere near that good lately.....so it is hard to say Cory is not currently playing more better.

#224 NLluvitorleaveit

NLluvitorleaveit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:38 PM

The thing is tho that many fans on here would have you believe Schneids should be the #1, that he is the better goalie of the two. If that's the case then he should be critiqued and scrutinized just as much as Lu. That comes with the territory of being a #1 and a top goalie, especially in a Canadian market.

I have no doubt in my mind that if Lu was traded that it would only be a matter of time until Schneider was the one getting ripped and treated like this on every goal, every loss and people would then be screaming for Lack to be the number 1.It's just the way it is in this city.

That's why Van City is called a GOALTENDER GRAVE YARD.You don't play up to expectations you're in boneyard.LOL :lol: ::D

just the way it is in this city

Posted Image

#225 Nosaj

Nosaj

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

Reading the comments on this board always makes me chuckle. It's plainly obvious most of you know nothing about hockey. As for who should get the bulk of time in net, no questions, it's Luongo. He's your starter, he's the guy making the big bucks and he's broken. At this time, it's more important to let him work through his problems than winning games.

And you know hockey because you think the starter should be the highest paid goaltender on the team?

Posted Image

#226 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

Why would you expect Luongo to"work things out" in game situations and cost the team wins...and not fix things in practises? Especially when you have a goalie with 9 wins in last 10 games ready to play.. (schneider). if it was a forward or defenseman...he would be on the bench...and fix things in practises until AV thought or was confident they were ready.
As much As I believe in schneider for his technical ability and poise, I don;t feel for a second that he is the second coming, but what should be apparent to all is that he is the better goalie at this point in time.

#227 ilduce39

ilduce39

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

I feel the same way. To support one goalie does not mean that you have to hate the other one. I have no problem with some honest criticism but there's always the people who go too far. I find myself on "team Luongo" simply because I feel the criticism he receives is out of proportion to his play.

That being said, if you really cheer for the team wouldn't you want to support your players rather than go on an over-the-top rant about how terrible they are? Might be better motivation for them to get things going.
T-Bone said:
remind them all of Tbone, remeber me for how I lived, not how I was banned
*sig too big

#228 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,602 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

I have no doubt in my mind that if Lu was traded that it would only be a matter of time until Schneider was the one getting ripped and treated like this on every goal, every loss and people would then be screaming for Lack to be the number 1. It's just the way it is in this city

It also depends on the magnitude of schneiders contract in your hypothesis.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#229 OkCancuks2012

OkCancuks2012

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

Mad bro?

Anyone who hates Lu and rather have Cory in... learn hockey! you guys are idiots

#230 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

It's fans like you that make me troll on Luongo on these boards.

What's your point if Schneider beat a weak team? Luongo loses to bad teams.

Your point? I could go on all day about why Luongo has played poor.

No, you troll because you are a pathetic Luongo hater.

It's amazing how stupid you Luongo haters are. You are so dumb you don't even realize that you are getting a taste of your own medicine, losers. We don't hate Schneider, we're just trolling you morons with all ther unfair crap you put on Luongo.

I guarantee you that once Schneider becomes a number one goalie and plays a lot more games, he will start letting in more bad goals. It happens to all goalies, especially when they play a lot.
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.