The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Good Place To Buy Suits, Coats, Etc. In Vancouver (merged)

tracyjordan

If you're young go with Mexx or Le Chateau. I used to work at Mexx and I absolutely love their stuff. The majority of my formalwear is from there...wish I still had my discount.

Pick one up and get it tailored and you'll be steezin'.

Mexx? TipTop? Moores?

OK if you need to keep it under $400...but not really where you want to go if you want some actual quality.

The Bay is good if it is a flagship location. They'll have a lot more higher end selection. And their alterating tailors are usually good.

But really, if you want great quality without breaking the bank, head down to the US. Go down to the Premium Outlets in Tulalip, hit the Brooks Brothers and Hugo Boss Factory stores, and find something nice. Even if you have to pay duty, you'll still save a ton - especially with our dollar over par.

BlueFly has a Prada set on sale for $29.97. sold out within seconds though.

managed to pick up a prada jacket, 2 victorinox jackets and a corneliani jacket for $29.97 each. regular price would have been $2500.

btw, this was a special email member sale only, its still going on for anyone who subscribes to their free email.

still some decent stuff left, if you think they are not legit, check out the site yourself and find reviews of them on google.

If you go down to the states you can get name brand suits like Hugo Boss, Calvin Klein, etc for like $300 and three pieces suits as well. Nordstrom Rack is the place to go for that price range. You can easily pick up two suits from Moores for that price too, they always have those two for one sales going on and they got some good suits there.

You'll get more positive attention rocking a cool fedora than any expensive coat or jacket in my experience, for a fraction of the cost. I'm "rich" and I couldn't see myself spending a few hundred on a piece of clothing that's not functional as well as stylish, as in Arcteryx, TAD Gear or something.

You'll get more positive attention rocking a cool fedora than any expensive coat or jacket in my experience, for a fraction of the cost. I'm "rich" and I couldn't see myself spending a few hundred on a piece of clothing that's not functional as well as stylish, as in Arcteryx, TAD Gear or something.

When I see some douche rocking a fedora, I think, "look at that douche with the fedora".

Whereas somebody who wears something that they actually need for warmth and comfort, but still make it look stylish - that's just a dude with style.

Come on now, there's nothing douchey about fedoras unless you've got a trying-to-be-trendy douchebag wearing one. They're part of my culture and have been since the Zoot suit days. Peacoats on the. other hand, are faux hawk douchey, not to mention they make you appear as if your intimate partner possesses an Adams apple.

I bet they all listen to Kanye west too...

Kanye_Gucci_Aviator_Sunglasses_Burberry_Coat_fur_collar.jpg

Or Jay-z

jay-z-peacoat.jpg

Or Usher

Usher-in-Burberry-Prorsum-Military-peacoat.jpg

or Drake:

etc. etc. etc.

I LOVE my cashmere Peacoat, stylish and warm as hell.

you could probably find them at higher end department stores like macy's or nordstroms in the USA, i'm guessing that the bay should have them in Vancouver.

Archived