The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dear Av...burrows Is Hungry Again And You Know It.

The Kassassin Train

Mason Raymond definitely isn't the answer but I kind of like Burrows with Hansen. Both play a similar "fly buzzing around that won't go away no matter how many times you swat at it" style of play and I think they give us a great 3rd line of checkers plus offensive potential. And so long as we continue with 4F and 1D on the PP he'll still get his chances to pick up points.

I'm sure they'll be reunited eventually but I'm just saying I like the look of the 3rd line with him on it right now

with 2nd place a virtual lock for the nucks....its a good time for AV to experiment with team versatility and get some chemistry going with other team mates.

burrows will always be the third twin but when the playoffs start AV will have so many options to choose from depending on who we are playing...i dont mind it for now and i still wanna see higgy with the twins for a game with burr on the 2nd line.

Mason Raymond definitely isn't the answer but I kind of like Burrows with Hansen. Both play a similar "fly buzzing around that won't go away no matter how many times you swat at it" style of play and I think they give us a great 3rd line of checkers plus offensive potential. And so long as we continue with 4F and 1D on the PP he'll still get his chances to pick up points.

I'm sure they'll be reunited eventually but I'm just saying I like the look of the 3rd line with him on it right now

you agree we should move kassian on the first line then?

He's shown some good offensive instincts so maybe it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot

That line needs a player who is willing to take the hits to create room for the twins

The last time Raymond took a hit it fractured his spine and nearly ended his career. He's probably not likely to want to go battle it out in the corners anymore. Kassian is huge and he is able to protect the puck. He could be the Bertuzzi to the twins' Naslund. You never know!

He's shown some good offensive instincts so maybe it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot

That line needs a player who is willing to take the hits to create room for the twins

The last time Raymond took a hit it fractured his spine and nearly ended his career. He's probably not likely to want to go battle it out in the corners anymore. Kassian is huge and he is able to protect the puck. He could be the Bertuzzi to the twins' Naslund. You never know!

I agree. On paper, Kassian compliments the Sedins very well. Big kid, 6'4, 230lb, right handed shot and can protect the puck very well. Also, he can learn the value of going to the dirty areas by playing with the Twins and learn how to play without the puck. He's also a mean and feisty and could be a body guard for the Twins.

Of course, this topic has been beaten to the death already, but it would be nice to see AV give Kassian 2 or 3 more games before demoting Kass to the 4th line again.

Kassian played his best game in a few. Not amazing but had a couple of hits and a few good passes. Some really good work on the boards and showed some chemistry with Lapierre. Did make a mistake or two but looked better and fitter overall.

Unrelated but one thing I liked from AV was the only two players above 20 minutes were Bieksa with 20 and Edler with 23. Only 4 players under 15 minutes and only Weise was under 10.

Kassian played his best game in a few. Not amazing but had a couple of hits and a few good passes. Some really good work on the boards and showed some chemistry with Lapierre. Did make a mistake or two but looked better and fitter overall.

Unrelated but one thing I liked from AV was the only two players above 20 minutes were Bieksa with 20 and Edler with 23. Only 4 players under 15 minutes and only Weise was under 10.

Archived