Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

After Hours With Chris Higgins

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#31 Glove

Glove

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

I'm surprised no one mentioned that during the interview. That's pretty cool though.

I really like watching these After Hours segments, but it would be nice if they spent a little less time reading out tweets that the interviewee has no response for. I know they like to put players on the spot a bit, but they know where the line is, they should stick to questions and comments that the player can actually respond to.

I agree with this completely. Twice Oake said, "you don't have to answer this, but...". Ok, if he isn't expected to answer it, then the question shouldn't be asked. Humour in interviews is awesome, but not when it's thrown in like that.

Also I wouldn't consider myself the best at reading people, but it seemed like the first injury question bothered Higgins off a bit. Perhaps at that point Oake could've taken a note to avoid the subject, or at least put a bit more of a positive spin on it rather than focusing on the injury itself.

It could just be me, but it seems like the guy has trouble gauging players' reactions to his questions, or at the very least he has trouble adjusting the interview accordingly.

Edited by Glove, 18 March 2012 - 07:45 PM.

#32 Nineties

Nineties

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:59 PM

When do you see booth clapping? what time?

You hear Booth clapping off camera at 3:16 :)

Higgins is one of the most consistent/hard working players on the team, got a pretty good shot too. Hope he stays healthy.

#33 Ace_of_Spades

Ace_of_Spades

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

Scott Oak is a moron... end quote lol (that being said Higgins was good on After Hours... can't stand Johnson though... ever sense he tried to kill whichever Canadian player that was in the Juniors I've despised him, his a rotten poor sport far as I'm concerned but I guess he's matured up a lot since then, that was years ago after all, doesn't make me like him any more though even if he is a more well rounded guy).

#34 Cristalinastar

Cristalinastar

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:44 AM

Is nothing sacred? Whether his father speaks of 911? An NYC firefighter? He probably has PTSD and respiratory issues. And as if anyone would want to be reminded about staph infections on a continual basis.. All too personal IMO leave the man alone. And why state the obvious re gay advocacy or i hate to say 'tolerance'? CBC sux they could have chisen better topics. And yeah them man has a rockin bod but hes an athlete lets talk hockey!

16 WINS-its the beauty way to go!

Posted Image

credit to canazzy

#35 Jonathan Canuck

Jonathan Canuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:01 AM

I know its the playoffs, and everyone is hurt in some form or another, but c'mon, the guy essentially shrugs off a broken foot that he played on for a month.

"I don't know what emotion would be stronger;

the pain of losing or the joy of winning"

- Anthony Calvillo

QB for the Montreal Allouettes prior to the 2009 Grey Cup

#36 MrsHiggins20

MrsHiggins20

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

Thanks CanucksHD for posting! He's my favourite current player (ha. obviously.) for many reasons - such a hard-working guy and vastly underrated. Glad to see he's getting some of the credit he deserves.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.