The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Poll: Kassian Vs. Raymond With Sedins

canucksnihilist

Kassian vs. Raymond on 1st Line  

207 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If AV is going to try Kassian on that top line with the twins, I hope he plans on trying it soon so they could develop a little chemistry together before the playoffs.

I want them protected in the playoffs and Kass can and will do that.

Once the Sedins' hot streak with Raymond ends, they should definitely try Kassian on the 1st. It's pretty much what happened after Bitz' 3 points in 2 games with the Sedins; they went back to Burrows, but this time let the rookie see if he can fit on that line.

Honestly I think people need to understand that Kassian has time to grow. Putting him on the first line could be a huge problem. Think of the pressure already put on this kid. He has come into the line up and everyone expects him to be this great player that is going to be the solution for us winning the cup. Now throw him on the first line with two of the greatest players in the NHL, then think of the pressure he will have on him. Maybe he does well puts up a point or two a game but what will that do to his confidence if he doesn't produce the points everyone expects. Think of how many people in this city will be calling the kids a bust and a terrible trade. No why take that chance. Let him grow, go out there hit a few guys and pot in a point every now and them. Keep the pressure off him. Look at cody, he went from 12 min a game in vancouver with no pressure and notched up 30+ point in vancouver. he goes to buffalo and immediately gets 2nd line 19min a game and how well has that turned out. People this isn't NHL 12 where the potential lies in a A,B,or C, this is real life with real emotions and confidence. Confidents that can make or break a players career. I say we leave him where he is and every now and this give him a little more opportunity and see how he reacts. Giving him the keys to the castle isn't always whats best.

i feel for raymond....the guy works his butt off every game.....gives everything he's got but doesn't get the results.....

he is not big and physical, that is not his game......he gets in on the forecheck, back checks on every play and is good defensively.

i don't know where all the goals have gone, i'm sure he wants to find the net, again....AV is trying to get him to his old self....

if he can't, then i'm sure gillis will move him at season's end...it would be easier to get something for him, if he was able to get hot for the playoffs....let's get behind him and encourage him in his play....

I dont think he works well at all with the sedins, I think hes messing up the their chemistry. I dont know what game you guys watch last night. No he didnt fall flat on his face, and he had a couple of shots, but there were a coupel of times, where he carried the puck into the zone, while Daniel was waiting for the puck to come to him, and Raymond skated into the zone and to see the look on Danny's face..he was pissed. Raymond does not fit anywhere in the line up.

Whoever suggested to break up the second line up above...are you kidding? Its our best line right now!!

... People this isn't NHL 12 where the potential lies in a A,B,or C, this is real life with real emotions and confidence. Confidents that can make or break a players career. I say we leave him where he is and every now and this give him a little more opportunity and see how he reacts. Giving him the keys to the castle isn't always whats best.

I'd take Raymond, he looked a lot better than the first game on Wednesday the the Sedins yesterday. He will only get better. But, like CBC said, the Sedins need the type of player that is physical, gritty and has size (Malone).

All in all though, Raymond for right now is pretty good since the power play has also come back.

why the f*** not, hes not that huge of an asset and with bitz filling his role, we got a bigger guy that will actually FIGHT.. For the faceoffs, im pretty sure lapierre and Pahlsson can handle it, and if you see at the top, i said at least for ONE game. If Vigneault can put the sedins with raymond then why the hell not?! calm ur boner

Archived