The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Poll: Kassian Vs. Raymond With Sedins

canucksnihilist

Kassian vs. Raymond on 1st Line  

207 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like Raymond because he knows how to cycle with the twins but neither he or the twins can create space by being in front of the net or by getting into the dirty areas.

Kassian can get into the rough areas but I'm not sure how he can cycle. It takes a while to see and understand how they play. From what I've seen from him on the second line, he appears to be able to make smart passes.

Best bet if we want to keep that line on a shake up would be Hansen or Lappiere with the former being the better bet. Both are right handed players that can get into the gritty areas. What makes Burr really successful on the first line is that he is willing to get into the greasy areas and going after the puck on the dump in. Hansen is really good at that and he has shown to have some finish.

I'd like to see a third line of Burr, Lappy and Raymond. There's some speed on this line and Burr and Lappy's still can create energy. Manny or Pahlsson can centre the 4th line with Kassian playing wing and taking occasional turns on other lines when others are underachieving.

honestly i dont see the point in criticizing raymond or av i mean its not like we are the coach or the gm. personally i think hansen should be on the 1st line with the sedins and the third line being kassian raymond and burr and i think that u guys might wanna start watching games raymond had a pretty good night vs jackets he did everything but score he had 2 scoring chances and the sedins scored and ur telling me he should be in the press box honestly people... :picard:

why the f*** not, hes not that huge of an asset and with bitz filling his role, we got a bigger guy that will actually FIGHT.. For the faceoffs, im pretty sure lapierre and Pahlsson can handle it, and if you see at the top, i said at least for ONE game. If Vigneault can put the sedins with raymond then why the hell not?! calm ur boner

I would like to see this tried out once before the playoffs, try kassian out, now is the time to try new things before the playoffs start.

But if it doesnt work out, I say put him on the fourth, because this kid needs time for growth, he has the potential, but he needs te extra time to grow.

Who knows something might click with him and the sedins, he does have a great skill set.

But he's proven to be effective on the fourth line with lappiere, they have good chemistry together and it could be a good checking line come playoff time.

That line has been shut down in 3 straight playoffs, save for the San Jose series... if it gets quiet again I would like to see Kassian on the 1st, Burrows on the 3rd as he is now (not as a punishment, but because he'd be the best third line winger in the league). Raymond with the Sedins is going to get clobbered in the playoffs.

Neither Kassian (certainly not this year) nor Bitz would be any good as playoff 1st line regulars because of their average/poor defence and insufficient stamina.

Most of the teams we will meet in the playoffs will try to break hard on us, especially against our first 2 lines. That is why Raymond or Burrows is an ideal fit for the Sedins.

Both have the speed and the back checking ability to cancel out breaks. I sometimes think there are 2 Raymonds out there, his recovery is so fast and his stamina is unmatched.

This of course will be a cranial step too far for most of the MR haters to take in but thankfully no one listens to them anyway and AV has more hockey savvy in his toenail............

Let Kass develop on the 4th line and if the games get ugly and teams try to pull a Boston on the Sedins give them a heavy dose of Bitz and Kassian on the wing. Let them beat the crap out of the rats and still have Burrows slot in with the twins. That is the reason Gillis got some big bodys this year. I hope Ballard can come back for the playoffs so we have some more grit on defence as well.

I've been a Raymond supporter all along, but to be honest, I really don't care.

The Sedins will produce no matter who their winger is, and although the conventional wisdom suggests that a physical presence will open up more space for them, I believe that a player with a lot of speed can do the same.

Ultimately, I think we'll see Burrows back on that line, but the fact is, since Raymond has been on that line, the Twins have started producing again. Raymond hasn't unfortunately, but he has had better chances lately and I think it must have boosted his confidence somewhat.

Of course this brings up the cause vs. coincidence argument, but I think it at the very least has dispelled all of the "stupid move by AV" and "disaster" worries that were so prevalent when the move was first announced.

I believe Kassian skill set matches up better with the Sedins than Raymonds. MayRays perimeter game is not goign to give the Sedins the net pressence they need or a player who is strong on the boards( Burrows is both of these and Ideally should play with the twins.) MayRay's only plus he brings to the line is his speed which was supposed to open up space for the twins but Kassians size can make space for the sedins. Plus Kassian is great along boards and is a big body that will go to the net. Logically Kassian is the better choice for that line but AV will do as he pleases with his lines and as long as the Nucks win who are we to argue.

Archived