The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Poll: Kassian Vs. Raymond With Sedins

canucksnihilist

Kassian vs. Raymond on 1st Line  

207 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest gumballthechewy

I believe Kassian skill set matches up better with the Sedins than Raymonds. MayRays perimeter game is not goign to give the Sedins the net pressence they need or a player who is strong on the boards( Burrows is both of these and Ideally should play with the twins.) MayRay's only plus he brings to the line is his speed which was supposed to open up space for the twins but Kassians size can make space for the sedins. Plus Kassian is great along boards and is a big body that will go to the net. Logically Kassian is the better choice for that line but AV will do as he pleases with his lines and as long as the Nucks win who are we to argue.

why the f*** not, hes not that huge of an asset and with bitz filling his role, we got a bigger guy that will actually FIGHT.. For the faceoffs, im pretty sure lapierre and Pahlsson can handle it, and if you see at the top, i said at least for ONE game. If Vigneault can put the sedins with raymond then why the hell not?! calm ur boner

Fighting isn't pointless, it would actually make more sense to fight in a playoff game vs a regular season game..... it's just uncommon. Your telling me someone fighting Shawn Thorton or Marchand would have been pointless last year?

Try them both with the twins for a few games and carefully monitor the time spend in opposing zone v being pinned in their own. If it's close and production (of the line as a whole) is comparable then the edge should go to Kassian.

We all know exactly what's gone happen in the playoffs, if the lines stay as they are, when the Sedin abuse gets turned on full throttle... nothing! If one of ours does something at a later shift it will help but not nearly as much as taking care of business right then and there. Kassian offers the possibility that the Sedins go through playoffs less molested, ergo, more productive.

Bitz

I would like to keep Raymond in the lineup but he just doesn't fit.

Every line other than the sedin line has been playing well, so why split up 3 great lines just so one will look great?

Hopefully our forward lineup will look like this right before the playoffs.

Sedin-Sedin-Bitz

Higgins-Kesler-Booth

Burrows-Pahlsson-Hansen

Weise/Malhotra-Lapierre-Kassian

Burrows, the second best goal scorer with the second best +/- on the team, should be the regular on the top line. But there will be games or even series when this top line is absolutely shut down by the opposition, as happened last year. This is the time AV should try something different by playing Kassian or Bitz with the Sedins. These guys are big, physical, Kassian even has speed and the Sedins would have more time and space to make the play and be less worried with the physical beating in the offensive zone. I wonder why the moron AV is not thinking along this line and let Kassian and Bitz develop some chemistry with the twins before the playoffs. AV is just an AHL coach who has always been outcoached in the playoffs.

Burrows, the second best goal scorer with the second best +/- on the team, should be the regular on the top line. But there will be games or even series when this top line is absolutely shut down by the opposition, as happened last year. This is the time AV should try something different by playing Kassian or Bitz with the Sedins. These guys are big, physical, Kassian even has speed and the Sedins would have more time and space to make the play and be less worried with the physical beating in the offensive zone. I wonder why the moron AV is not thinking along this line and let Kassian and Bitz develop some chemistry with the twins before the playoffs. AV is just an AHL coach who has always been outcoached in the playoffs.

solution:

Step

1) take Raymond to Switzerland

2) steal Tambellini back from his club

3) have him play in Mason's old gear and all as #21

or (more likely) have Mason practice driving strongly to the net and sniping; I think if he's on the right wing and using his speed he could be very dangerous (maybe try Burrows - Pahlsson - Raymond? Very strong defensive unit that goes to the net hard; maybe that'll rub off on Raymond to be more aggressive)

heck, the Twins'll work with anyone (just not sure Kassian's ready for it in the long run, or if Bitz can keep up with them; Hansen's also a good option to have for the 1st, and of course there's Burrows)

The problem is that solid scoring opportunities with no goals is the story of his life. There is no denying that he works hard out there. An argument could be made that perhaps he even works too hard but the problem is despite countless scoring opportunities, he somehow manages to screw it up by either a) falling down, B) shooting the puck and missing the net, c) skating around pulling off nice moves until he bobbles and loses the puck or d) taking a low percentage shots from far.

You can't help feeling bad for him with everything he's gone through and there is no denying he's a good PKer and is quite good in the defensive zone but unless he somehow radically changes his game, I can't see why he should be in the lineup, let alone the first line, over other deserving players that could perhaps bring more to the team.

Neither. I suppose Burrows among the current roster is the best fit, but, I'm a bit tired of left-handed RW's on the Sedin line. Kassian is NOT a first line talent capable of Sedinery at this stage of his career. If the Canucks scouts are to be believed when they acquired him, he'll be a top 6'er within a few years time, giving the twins the RW power forward that a lot of CDC-ers (myself included) have been wishing for. Plus, he's right-handed!

Unfortunately, we can't fast-forward to that time in the future, so, AV might as well just put Burr back where he belongs if he's not going to put Booth there instead.

Don't even get me started with Raymond. The Canucks are crazy if they don't work overtime to move him this summer. The downside of that is MG might have to package him with a Hansen, for example, just to get another GM to bite. If that happens, at least the Canucks would hopefully be getting something big in return for giving up that much.

Archived