Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Poll: Kassian Vs. Raymond With Sedins

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
96 replies to this topic

Poll: Kassian vs. Raymond on 1st Line (209 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you prefer Kassian over Raymond on 1st line? Assuming we don't touch the current 2nd and 3rd lines

1. Yes (161 votes [77.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 77.78%

2. No (46 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

Bitz
I would like to keep Raymond in the lineup but he just doesn't fit.
Every line other than the sedin line has been playing well, so why split up 3 great lines just so one will look great?

Hopefully our forward lineup will look like this right before the playoffs.

Sedin-Sedin-Bitz
Higgins-Kesler-Booth
Burrows-Pahlsson-Hansen
Weise/Malhotra-Lapierre-Kassian

^This ^

My first choice is Burrows. His speed and grit STILL seems to surprise other teams, and before you can blink he has crashed into one or two defensemen and fished the puck out and back to a Sedin.

But if AV wants to try the Byfuglien method of using a big bruiser to dominate the front of the net, I'd say Bitz would be the better choice. Kassian is not ready yet for that kind of role. And this way Kassian still anchor the 4th line. He and Lapierre have a great chemistry.

#92 afan

afan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

Burrows, the second best goal scorer with the second best +/- on the team, should be the regular on the top line. But there will be games or even series when this top line is absolutely shut down by the opposition, as happened last year. This is the time AV should try something different by playing Kassian or Bitz with the Sedins. These guys are big, physical, Kassian even has speed and the Sedins would have more time and space to make the play and be less worried with the physical beating in the offensive zone. I wonder why the moron AV is not thinking along this line and let Kassian and Bitz develop some chemistry with the twins before the playoffs. AV is just an AHL coach who has always been outcoached in the playoffs.

#93 afan

afan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

Burrows, the second best goal scorer with the second best +/- on the team, should be the regular on the top line. But there will be games or even series when this top line is absolutely shut down by the opposition, as happened last year. This is the time AV should try something different by playing Kassian or Bitz with the Sedins. These guys are big, physical, Kassian even has speed and the Sedins would have more time and space to make the play and be less worried with the physical beating in the offensive zone. I wonder why the moron AV is not thinking along this line and let Kassian and Bitz develop some chemistry with the twins before the playoffs. AV is just an AHL coach who has always been outcoached in the playoffs.

#94 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

I totally agree. Burrows can be slotted in with the Sedins anytime and they have instant chemistry. Allowing some of the bigger guys like Kass or Bitz to play with the Sedins now, gives them a chance to get comfortable in case they have to play together come playoffs.

I love Burrows but against a big strong shot down team (Nashville, Boston) he isn't as effective and can't protect the Sedins. Virtually every analyst whether ex-player, ex-coach, ex-CEO all agree, the Sedins would be most successful in the playoffs playing with a big, power forward that can create space, dominate in front of the net and protect them from the cheap shots.

Why is AV the only one that seems to ignore this??!! IF he waits until game 5 of a series to "try" one of our big guys with the Sedins, it will fail. Now is the time to build that option.

#95 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,036 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

solution:
Step
1) take Raymond to Switzerland
2) steal Tambellini back from his club
3) have him play in Mason's old gear and all as #21

or (more likely) have Mason practice driving strongly to the net and sniping; I think if he's on the right wing and using his speed he could be very dangerous (maybe try Burrows - Pahlsson - Raymond? Very strong defensive unit that goes to the net hard; maybe that'll rub off on Raymond to be more aggressive)

heck, the Twins'll work with anyone (just not sure Kassian's ready for it in the long run, or if Bitz can keep up with them; Hansen's also a good option to have for the 1st, and of course there's Burrows)

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#96 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

The problem is that solid scoring opportunities with no goals is the story of his life. There is no denying that he works hard out there. An argument could be made that perhaps he even works too hard but the problem is despite countless scoring opportunities, he somehow manages to screw it up by either a) falling down, B) shooting the puck and missing the net, c) skating around pulling off nice moves until he bobbles and loses the puck or d) taking a low percentage shots from far.

You can't help feeling bad for him with everything he's gone through and there is no denying he's a good PKer and is quite good in the defensive zone but unless he somehow radically changes his game, I can't see why he should be in the lineup, let alone the first line, over other deserving players that could perhaps bring more to the team.

True, but to give Kassian the time over Raymond wouldn't make much sense. But yeah, Raymond needs something new.
Posted Image

#97 Fakename70

Fakename70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:36 PM

Neither. I suppose Burrows among the current roster is the best fit, but, I'm a bit tired of left-handed RW's on the Sedin line. Kassian is NOT a first line talent capable of Sedinery at this stage of his career. If the Canucks scouts are to be believed when they acquired him, he'll be a top 6'er within a few years time, giving the twins the RW power forward that a lot of CDC-ers (myself included) have been wishing for. Plus, he's right-handed!

Unfortunately, we can't fast-forward to that time in the future, so, AV might as well just put Burr back where he belongs if he's not going to put Booth there instead.

Don't even get me started with Raymond. The Canucks are crazy if they don't work overtime to move him this summer. The downside of that is MG might have to package him with a Hansen, for example, just to get another GM to bite. If that happens, at least the Canucks would hopefully be getting something big in return for giving up that much.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.