The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Recognition For Edler's Goal On Nhl.com

haLarryous

Edler looked ambarrassed in his post-game interview when questioned about the goal.

Kudos to him for taking what teh CBJs gave him but talk about a defensive breakdown. Having said that, if you watch the replay, you see that just as he crosses the blue line, he puts on a quick "burst" that gets him past the last D. Not sure they expected that and it does make it a bit more of a "what Edler did" than just a D breakdown.

Let's give him credit, remember how everyone went on about Malkin's goal a couple weeks ago where he walked thorugh en antire team to score. It could easily be said that he also took advantage of weak D play. Few can score when the D is perfect, it takes a breakdown/mistake somewhere.

it was a straight up gift, he just skated straight down the center completely unchallenged and blew it by the goalie. it was more something that the bluejackets didn't do (play defense) than anything he did. still it was a great shot.

I maintain that even though the Columbus D gift wrapped that goal for Edler, it was a nice goal all the same. Any time you see a defenseman rush from end to end and score, regardless of the level of resistance from the D, it's exciting.

It definitely had me out of my seat.

Archived