Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Report] Alexander Radulov Cleared By Khl Team To Join Predators; Expected To Join This Week, To Play Thursday.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
135 replies to this topic

#121 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:27 AM

The Predators are a good team and a solid contender. But the team to beat? really? I think you are giving them a bit too much credit in that regard.

They're serious contenders for sure. They may be lacking offensively, but the addition of Radulov helps fill that hole a little bit. They're arguably one of the best defensively built teams, and their additions around the deadline bolstered their lineup significantly. The only thing they're lacking is a top center. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if they made it to the Western conf. finals, or even to the SCF.
Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

#122 Z3tt3rB3rg19

Z3tt3rB3rg19

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

They're serious contenders for sure. They may be lacking offensively, but the addition of Radulov helps fill that hole a little bit. They're arguably one of the best defensively built teams, and their additions around the deadline bolstered their lineup significantly. The only thing they're lacking is a top center. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if they made it to the Western conf. finals, or even to the SCF.

To label Nashville as THE team to beat because of the addition of Radulov is unfair. There are atleast a good 4 or 5 teams that have a really good shot of making it to the SCF. I'm sorry but I think there are teams that have a better shot of making it their before Nashville. That being said it also wouldn't surprise me if they did make it that far. There is a difference between calling them a serious contender and calling them the team to beat.

Edited by Z3tt3rB3rg19, 26 March 2012 - 02:31 PM.

#123 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

To label Nashville as THE team to beat because of the addition of Radulov is unfair. There are atleast a good 4 or 5 teams that have a really good shot of making it to the SCF. I'm sorry but I think there are teams that have a better shot of making it their before Nashville. That being said it also wouldn't surprise me if they did make it that far. There is a difference between calling them a serious contender and calling them the team to beat.

I know, which is why I didn't say they're "the team to beat" lol. If you read my post, I stated that there are other factors contributing to them being a serious contender other than the addition of Radulov. At this point, I think they have a better chance than even Detroit or Chicago.
Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

#124 kchengc

kchengc

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

He was under contract with the Predators when he joined the KHL. As a result, they suspended his contract indefinitely so that when he returns to the NHL, he could not choose which team to play for, and would have to finish his entry-level contract. This is unlike other situations, as most players returning to the NHL would have been free agents at the time of their return. Radulov is contractually-obligated to finish his previous deal with the team.

In a sense, it was a sort of punishment for his departure. It turned out to be beneficial for both him and the team.

can we bring back koltsov after his playoff run is over as well? we need another RH defenseman!

3G 31A for 34P & +16 in 52 games! 7th leading scoring defenseman (and 2nd in assist) in the KHL!

He even had 1G 9A for 10P & +10 in 11 playoff games! Leading the entire KHL in assist and also tied for 3rd in points. His team is currently playing in the western final!

Edited by kchengc, 27 March 2012 - 09:02 AM.

#125 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:56 AM

can we bring back koltsov as well???  we need another RH defenseman!!!!

3G 31A for 34P +16 in 52 games!!!  7th leading scoring defenseman (and 2nd in assist) in the KHL!!!

That would be nice, but I think management threw out that contract a long time ago. It wasn't worth taking up a spot in the 50 contracts in the long shot that he'd ever come back to fulfill it.
Posted Image

#126 morrissex95

morrissex95

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

And he wasnt noticable in the olympics and his nhl stats arent even that good so i dont understand why you are so orgasmic over him Cabooster

Posted Image

#127 Caboose

Caboose

Marlies Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,977 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

And he wasnt noticable in the olympics and his nhl stats arent even that good so i dont understand why you are so orgasmic over him Cabooster

"Radulov is nothing special"

6 points in 6 games, doesn't it suck when you are wrong?

Posted Image

Vintage Canuck's #1 Supporter

#128 Alex Edler 23

Alex Edler 23

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

yeah, definitely scared of Nashville now...
Sig too big.

#129 PredsFanFromLa

PredsFanFromLa

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

"Radulov is nothing special"

6 points in 6 games, doesn't it suck when you are wrong?

this was awesome goal by alex radulov against the blackhawks:

#130 Caboose

Caboose

Marlies Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,977 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

this was awesome goal by alex radulov against the blackhawks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeakgLacUUU

I saw that.

I haven't had time to catch a Preds game recently, how is he defensively? Does he take dumb penalties often? Is he involved with scrums?

Posted Image

Vintage Canuck's #1 Supporter

#131 morrissex95

morrissex95

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

I saw that.

I haven't had time to catch a Preds game recently, how is he defensively? Does he take dumb penalties often? Is he involved with scrums?

I guess PredsFanfromLA and I posted the video at the same time. I just checked Radulov's stat line: He's a +2 and has 4 PIM in 6 GP. That means that he averages 0.22 PIM per period. In contrast, Jonathan Toews averages 0.15 PIM per period. Datsyuk averages 0.06 PIM per period. Judging by that and the games that I've seen, I think it's fair to say that Alex Radulov has trouble back checking sometimes.

Put that aside and take a look at the video. Alexander Radulov brings Bure-esque offensive talent to the table. There's no argument, this guy is a PPG offensive talent. To say that he's "nothing special" is to say a guy like Ovechkin is also "nothing special". Not to mention that Radulov has been gone for 3 years and has probably matured in the KHL.
Posted Image

#132 PredsFanFromLa

PredsFanFromLa

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

Radulov got the shootout winner against the wild tonight

#133 Robongo

Robongo

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs5jCOGqa50

That was some pretty soft defensive coverage.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks R.Luongo. for the sig!=)

#134 morrissex95

morrissex95

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:11 AM

That was some pretty soft defensive coverage.

The defensive coverage was okay. Radulov pump-faked the shot really well, so the defensemen moved out of the way so Crawford could see the shot. That's pretty standard procedure. They gave him a little too much room with the puck afterwards which led to a breakaway. You're really not giving Radulov enough credit here, he faked the shot really quickly and kept moving his feet. The D Coverage really wasn't that bad Especially for Chicago.
Posted Image

#135 Vlas=d

Vlas=d

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:38 AM

i dont think nashville is going to make it very far. unless radulov has some sort of god mode during playoffs. if detroit doesnt knock them out st. louis will definitely knock them out.

as for the canucks its looking like another hawk/canuck round 2 battle royale.

#136 unbridled_id

unbridled_id

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:14 AM

I was under the impression he played an excellent two way game... What a great addition for the Preds... Great goal and it just goes to show what he brings to the table, oh and O'Donnell is gone this summer.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“Lady Nancy Astor: Winston, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea.
Churchill: Nancy, if I were your husband, I'd drink it.”

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.