The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should Nhl Allow Radulov Back This Year?

ABNuck

With the possibility (rumour) of Radulov returning from the KHL next week, should he be allowed to suit up for Nashville? The rules state that if he returns he MUST go back to the team that owns his rights (Nashville) and serve out his entry level contract. But here's the problem I personally have with that...it's AFTER the trade deadline. So basically Nashville gets their stretch run and playoff team all set, as does all of their competitors in the West except now they get to add a 2nd liner and add depth to their team for under a million bucks, and no other team in competition with them gets afforded the same luxury. I realize he is their property, but I feel with this quality of player their must be some sort of special ruling...in other words they shouldn't be allowed to add this kind of depth player without some consequence. I say EITHER these types of players must report to their NHL team before the deadline, or if he is allowed to report after the deadline then cap space hit should be imposed that would equal what he would be making today if he had fulfilled his original contract (similiar to an arbitration ruling), thereby forcing Nashville to keep somewhat the same quality team by staying under the revised cap figure.

Personally I think Nashville is a contender, but by adding Radulov now they start looking more like a favourite. Let's face it, he ain't plugging away in the minors somewhere, he's been the best player in the world outside the NHL playing against world class talent. So again I feel the penalty for him re-joining Nashville now this late in the season should reflect that.

I love how you guys are acting like radulov will turn the preds into the favourites.

He has been in the khl for a couple years and has attitude problams.

There's a big differance between the khl and then coming into the NHL

Playoffs. He will be a none factor guys. But next year I think he will sort of like jiri hudler.

I wonder how/if NHL teams can abuse this loophole.

Have players under contract play overseas and then recall them once it's the post-season... much like how some teams have players buried in the minors... but maybe not subjected to recall waivers?

so what?? Should they have paid him? He was the one who didn't live up to his obligations with the NHL team he chose to sign with.

The Preds did nothing wrong and he left them. He shouldn't get paid by the Preds nor should he be allowed to jump between leagues willy nilly.

I don't blame the Preds one bit but he should be punished and made an example of.

I wonder how/if NHL teams can abuse this loophole.

Have players under contract play overseas and then recall them once it's the post-season... much like how some teams have players buried in the minors... but maybe not subjected to recall waivers?

Archived