The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Kesler Joins "you Can Play"

jonnycanuck46

http://canucks.nhl.c...vid=DL|VAN|home

By no means am I a Bigot or Hater or anything stupid like that, but I have a problem with this.

I totally agree that people should have freedom to do what they want, but the game of hockey doesn't need this exposure IMO.

I think that there a players in the NHL even now that are gay or Bi or something. But the difference is they don't continuously annoy us with their speeches and parades and crap like that.

I say, be gay, be Bi (or whatever you are), but once you lace up the skates, play hockey. I think this is similar to the "ginger" thing. Nobody is hating on the gays or anyone, so just shutup and play the game. If your gay, your gay. Nuff Said.

Again, I totally don't care about what they want to do, but I'm just sick of hearing about this.

Jon

And the men who hold high places

Must be the ones who start

To mold a new reality

Closer to the heart.

Good on you Kes. Things won't change until people have better role models to look up to.

Guest Lelongooo

being religious is a choice, being gay isnt so calling someone a f@g is way worse than calling someone a bible humper.

If everything was okay, people wouldn't need to speak out. If things were ok, some people wouldn't be committing suicide to escape the bullying they experience. There's a damn good reason why public figures, sports stars, etc. are speaking out. People being bullied for many reasons is still happening all over the world. You're either stupid or a prick to think that people aren't suffering. When stars speak out, it is to show support and let people know that they are not alone. You think people don't hate on them? I guess you like to live in that ignorant perfect world of yours. Seems like you're the only one that should learn to shut up.

I am glad to see Kesler go on with this cause. It shouldnt matter who you are, what colour your skin is, where your from, what your sexually preference is, etc. We should all accept everyone, get to know the person inside before we jump to stupid conclusions.

All this racism and discrimination has got to stop!!!

Guest Lelongooo

Not defending the unnecessary religous insult, but in no way is referencing someone's religion or religious text worse than calling a gay man a term which is only used for gay men because of murderous hate crimes. Originally the term "f@g" referred to a bundle of sticks used for kindling. It began being used to mean gay men when they were burned alive at the feet of supposed witches. While "Bible thumper" might be an insult meant to diminish the importance or validity of someone's faith, it is no where near the level of a term related to the murder of thousands of gay men simply for existing.

That's so funny, if nobody is "hating" on them anymore, why hasn't anyone came out? Its people like you that make things so difficult. If you think i'm talking out of my ***, I have a gay brother and he's been bullied his entire life, this program is great and should be a message in every professional sports league.

If you dont think people are "hating" on them anymore, go search One Towns War On Gay Teens. Then come back and tell me that no one hates on them anymore.

People like you make me sick, trying to sweep something like this under the rug and pass off as no big deal. In glad Kes is involved in this.

What Kes really was thinking was if you can play, you can play. Just keep the stick handling on the ice...

But being honest does sexual preference really make a difference? I don't think it should. Really nor should anyone else.

Also Hank was really thinking if you can play, you can play just make sure when you are trying to score it's on the goalie....

Someone throws a banana at Wayne Simmonds, everyone gets in a huge fuss about it.

Barch (?) allegedly calls Subban some sort of racial remark, and everyone gets in a huge fuss about it

Players call other players f_gs, or homos, or gay every single day, and nobody cares.

It's time to change that. Those people Sjould be allowed to openly identify themselves as homosexual, in the same way that people that are black identify themselves as such.

Archived