The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Kesler Joins "you Can Play"

jonnycanuck46

"Gay people should stop shoving their agendas down our throats" - any comment like this is made by a homophobe.

Homosexuality can be proven, god cannot so in my opinion people who believe in a magical bearded man in the sky open themselves to perfectly fair criticism. Man I seriously can't even beleive people who think like the OP

So you think someone insulting God himself is not as bad as someone insulting a person for being gay? Are you serious? God have mercy.

Actually, their comment was correct. Only poeple who have a problem with gay people have a problem hearing about gay people. You can pretend it's not true, but the truth is still apparent. You obviously don't have a problem with heterosexuals and that's why you're not complaining about hearing about them all the time despite the fact that heterosexuals are talked about and on full display far more often than gay people ever have been or ever would be. The vast majority of TV, movie and book characters are heterosexual. The vast majority of sex depicted on TV and in movies is heterosexual and because of biased ratings, they are allowed to be far more graphic. There are even several "reality" dating shows dedicated exclusively to heterosexuality. If constantly having to hear about who got a rose on The Bachelor doesn't make you uncomfortable, then hearing that gay people exist shouldn't either.

You, sir, are one of the most ignorant people I have ever come across in my life, and that's saying something. You experienced discrimination somewhere that wasn't your home, where you could escape and know how it felt to belong? How is that comparable to a homosexual who is made to feel ashamed evey time he or she meets a new person, with no safe haven to make them feel "normal" again.

If a gay athlete was at an event and brought their boyfriend, would this be shoving it in your face? Is talking about his experiences with other men shoving it in your face? If it is, then you clearly have an issue as this is what normal men talk about all of the time in regards to thei girlfriends.

Just because women can now occupy CEO positions, does that mean we should stop talking about the inequalities they face? No.. Society would never grow. The same example can be used for racism, ageism, ect. Just because homosexuals are not as "shamed" as they used to be doesn't mean they arent still discriminated against. In most countries they can't get married. How would you feel if you couldn't marry the love of your life while your best friend was allowed to marry his?

Attitudes like yours disgust me, however I truly hope that you gain some insight from reading everyone's posts. Realize that your experience is nothing compared to the everyday torment and discrimination other people face, without a way out. Even if one person feels like they can't be openly gay, we as society need to change that.

Your comment is so infuriatingly stupid, I don't even know where to begin. There is an easy escape? Are you that ignorant? Yes, it's really easy to just pack up your whole life and abandon the person you love...

As far as not being able to marry, again another case of not knowing jack crap about me!! I'm not even going to bother elaborating this time.

You'll also notice that I've never said anything about them not having equal rights. I think everyone should have equal rights, but I think by now everyone gets that gays should be treated equally and with respect. Those people that have their minds made up about not liking gays aren't going to change them by having gay agenda shoved down their throat all the time. Quite the contrary.

You actually just made my point. You feeling that there was no easy way out applies to how homosexual people likely feel the same way. I completely disagree with how you were treated, I'm sorry that you had to go through that. I would welcome all people in your situation to stand up for equality in Her country so that you aren't the subject of such awful discrimination.

Now think of it this way, if you did stand up for your rights as a human being, how would you feel if people were saying "well most people accept you so shut up about it already".

As to your second point, most people do NOT support homosexuals. Our majority government (who can pass legislation without approval of the other parties) is a conservative government, one who is in fact very openly anti-homosexual and very religious. Further, the majority of the states in America do not allow for gay marriage. Also, the majority of tv shows today are catered towards heterosexual people (as mentioned previously). So no, most people, or "the general population" do not support or even accept homosexuals.

In California about 40-50 years ago, there was no interracial marriages allowed, especially amongst Asians and Whites. This practice is now shamed and a very embarrassing fact about our home North America. Had no one stood up to argue against it, society may have continued on thinking that this was an acceptable practice.

My point is, without people standing up for what they believe in, or according to you, shoving it down our throats, society would not grow as a whole and we would be stuck in the same ignorant period.

Also, when I said easy way, I didn't mean to insinuate that you should leave the love of your life. What I meant was that you could leave, with or without her, and go to your (I'm assuming) home country and be welcomed with open arms. With homosexuality, even the most advanced countries still do not outwardly accept homosexuality as much as they do any other issue.

Your comment is so infuriatingly stupid, I don't even know where to begin. There is an easy escape? Are you that ignorant? Yes, it's really easy to just pack up your whole life and abandon the person you love...

As far as not being able to marry, again another case of not knowing jack crap about me!! I'm not even going to bother elaborating this time.

You'll also notice that I've never said anything about them not having equal rights. I think everyone should have equal rights, but I think by now everyone gets that gays should be treated equally and with respect. Those people that have their minds made up about not liking gays aren't going to change them by having gay agenda shoved down their throat all the time. Quite the contrary.

I myself am a Christian. And the fact of the matter is, that the Bible says numerous times that being gay is sinful. Now, new christians and over-zealous christians are foolish to "condemn the gays", because what they have read is true. Being homosexual is wrong, and is a sin, but in God's eye's all sin is wrong.

So truth is, those people who condemn the gays to Hell are not only doing the gays a huge disservice, but themselves as well, because sin is sin, and as a Christian, it is only right to pray and witness to these people, so that hopefully they can work through these things with God. That is the right way to conduct the issue.

Jon

I know I sound like an extremeley naive child at this point - but seriously, WHY is discrimination still going on?

Why do people discriminate based on skin colour, sexual orientation etc etc?

This is the 21st century - I just don't understand why some people cannot be accepting of another's personal life choices. :(

Uhhh how do you think the LGBT movement has made so much progress in the last 30 years? By making everyone aware that being gay is a completely natural way of life. If people didn't take a stand and "shove their agendas down everyones throat," being gay would probably still be considered a disorder. Yes the LGBT has made great strides in recent years but there is still a long way to go....please try and remember that before posting again.

That's so funny, if nobody is "hating" on them anymore, why hasn't anyone came out? Its

people like you that make things so difficult. If you think i'm talking out of my ***, I have a gay brother and he's been bullied his entire life, this

program is great and should be a message in every professional sports league.

Archived