The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Pgt] Canucks @ Wild

-Vintage Canuck-

I don't blame the Canucks one bit. I think they're smart enough to know that burning themselves out fighting the officiating isn't worth it. The NHL will get ratings from a totally fabricated race for the last playoff spots, thus every good team is in a "slump". There's no magic in why these teams are not racking up points.

Once the crap reffing comes into play, the team seems to go "It's one of those games" and just coast through it. When refs not only don't call penalties but make up calls, it's pretty obvious that very little can be done. Either you go along with it, or you send a slapper at the referee but obviously one option is going to give you a lot more trouble in the post season.

I'd like to think the Canucks are coasting right now, not wanting any injuries heading into the playoffs. Our position is pretty much locked up. The officiating as usual was blind tonight, the Sedins get crosschecked and get no calls will tell you what kind of game it will be.

Rome was horrible tonight, get Alberts in there but he is not much better, I really cannot wait until Ballard is allowed to play again.

Chicago is up next and I think there will be more emotion out of our boys this time around.

I must say that although there is the requisite amount of hand-wringing after a Canuck loss in this thread, I am surprised at the lack of blame directed at Rome for the PP goal against. (post #249 notwithstanding)

Although the Rome-Tanev pair probably shouldn't have been out there, I understand Bones giving them a chance to kill a penalty. (it is "experiment" time, after all) However, Tanev bears most of the blame on that goal, for inexplicably leaving his position in the box to go after a player who was not in a dangerous position, leaving Rome to deal with two players who were.

With 2nd place all locked up and ~10 games remaining, I consider any game without any canuck player getting injured a success.

Are we really worried about canucks playing without heart in the playoffs? they've been waiting for playoffs more than we have if that's even possible.

Archived