The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Pgt] Canucks @ Wild

-Vintage Canuck-

Buddy...melting down in games three and four when you're up 2-0 in series doesn't win you the cup! Sorry but so sick and tired of hearing the bs arguments that somehow teams just ignore bad goals by their goalie, that they just shake it off...its deflating. Play a real game of hockey and find out. You probably never have nor have those who just say lou lou lou i love lou lou lou...

wake up man...schneider is better, yes maybe we can't trade our overpaid headcase, but schneider is better NOW...not five years ago, not over a 12 yr career...but NOW

and the time to win the cup is NOW - and yes if we don't pick up the intensity goaltending is moot. But Luongo will never win a cup in this city/

The recent games show how much the Canucks depend on the Sedins. When the Sedins struggle, as they have in the past few weeks, then the team is in trouble.

We have gotten used to the luxury of very consistent scoring from the Sedins. But in the past 15 games or so they have had maybe 3 good games -- against Toronto, Edmonton, Columbus -- all weak teams with soft D. Without consistent scoring from the Sedins the Canucks are a below average team.

The Sedins are too young to be showing age-related declines in performance. Part of the problem might be the change in officiating. However, the Sedins will be declining within a couple years. I do not see where future scoring is going to come from. With Hodgson gone, the Canucks do not really have any young guys who look promising. Kesler is good, but is in his prime and is not getting any better. Same applies to Booth and Higgins. Raymond has struggled and Hansen in never going to be a big scorer. And there are no really good offensive prospects on the Wolves -- who are getting most of their production from high-skill career AHLers like Haydar, Miller, and Mancari.

I just hope the Sedins get their enery back to make a good shot at the Cup this year or maybe next year. That is pretty much the window as I see it. And who knows what happens to the goaltending is Schneider goes. I see Luonogo as no better than an average NHL starter for the next few years - as he is this year according to his numbers.

Buddy...melting down in games three and four when you're up 2-0 in series doesn't win you the cup! Sorry but so sick and tired of hearing the bs arguments that somehow teams just ignore bad goals by their goalie, that they just shake it off...its deflating. Play a real game of hockey and find out. You probably never have nor have those who just say lou lou lou i love lou lou lou...

wake up man...schneider is better, yes maybe we can't trade our overpaid headcase, but schneider is better NOW...not five years ago, not over a 12 yr career...but NOW

and the time to win the cup is NOW - and yes if we don't pick up the intensity goaltending is moot. But Luongo will never win a cup in this city/

The Sedins had another strong game. Would have loved to see them have more chances on the power play- chances they deserved. And how did Jannik Hansen get a goaltender interference penalty? I think it was a well timed dive by Harding personally. To give Minnesota credit though, they played a very strong defensive game, made it very hard for the Canucks to bring the puck to the middle of the ice.

How much of the lacklustre performance do you put on AV? I mean, that has to be at least a thought. I like AV, think he's done a lot for the team, but it has to be some sort of issue in the locker room, perhaps? I thought Cory looked great in net. Guys infront didn't generate much, giving Harding the S/O. Also, I'm not one to blame officiating, but tonight was poorly managed.

kassian is so bad, he is a waste of space out on the ice, i mean a pylon would do more out there, worst trade ever, Come on man he didnt even get a shot on net on a penatly shot.......

why does this team play down to these bad teams level,

pay me a million dollars to play and i would show up every night, its retarded...........

You DO realize that:

Luongo shut-out the 1st place St. Louis Blues a few weeks back? With only 1 real goal scored? 2nd one being an empty netter?

Luongo had a 100% save average in the shoot-out win on Detroit's home ice, being the only goaltender to out-duel Howard and snap their 23-unbeaten streak?

Luongo shut-out Minnesota TWICE this season, which Schneider couldn't accomplish?

Or how about all those shoot-out wins (Luongo's biggest weakness) that single-handedly fed the Canucks at least 1 point each?

Someone on CDC said it best, "The day Roberto Luongo is most appreciated in Vancouver, is the day he is gone".

"Another game, another dollar". Why am I sitting here feeling pissed about the game and the players are actually laughing all the way to the bank. I suggest that if Nucks players are so unmotivated playing the game, why don't they all take the early retirement. I'm sure there're many players are eagerly waiting to fill up their spots.

Archived