The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Pgt] Canucks @ Wild

-Vintage Canuck-

The recent games show how much the Canucks depend on the Sedins. When the Sedins struggle, as they have in the past few weeks, then the team is in trouble.

We have gotten used to the luxury of very consistent scoring from the Sedins. But in the past 15 games or so they have had maybe 3 good games -- against Toronto, Edmonton, Columbus -- all weak teams with soft D. Without consistent scoring from the Sedins the Canucks are a below average team.

The Sedins are too young to be showing age-related declines in performance. Part of the problem might be the change in officiating. However, the Sedins will be declining within a couple years. I do not see where future scoring is going to come from. With Hodgson gone, the Canucks do not really have any young guys who look promising. Kesler is good, but is in his prime and is not getting any better. Same applies to Booth and Higgins. Raymond has struggled and Hansen in never going to be a big scorer. And there are no really good offensive prospects on the Wolves -- who are getting most of their production from high-skill career AHLers like Haydar, Miller, and Mancari.

I just hope the Sedins get their enery back to make a good shot at the Cup this year or maybe next year. That is pretty much the window as I see it. And who knows what happens to the goaltending is Schneider goes. I see Luonogo as no better than an average NHL starter for the next few years - as he is this year according to his numbers.

F##k you Canucks. Swept in the first round without a doubt. There were 2 scoring chances (Kesler one-timer on the PP, and throwing it through the crease with one minute left). They implemented a plan to have less injuries this year, by having the puck less, and it worked, but they have no idea how to create offense anymore.

Complete suck. Luckily they have this amazing plan of living on the periphery and getting every puck back to the pea-shooter defense for a pathetic wrist shot. Good stuff guys. I wish they weren't trying, but they are givin'er. Apparently no one wanted to remind them that it is a contact sport, and the goals are scored in the F###KING MIDDLE!!!! ARRGH!!!!

Just imagine having a player that can actually shoot the puck. Real emotional game from Edler. Great wrist shots. Way to jump into the play.

Seriously, every time, enter the zone, stick to the walls and pass it back for Bieksa to let a sizzler go. Wow. Just so long as you NEVER drive the net. If that wasn't the most offensively challenged team in the league it would be 6-0.

Kiss it goodbye guys. Seriously. They have no chance.

You DO realize that:

Luongo shut-out the 1st place St. Louis Blues a few weeks back? With only 1 real goal scored? 2nd one being an empty netter?

Luongo had a 100% save average in the shoot-out win on Detroit's home ice, being the only goaltender to out-duel Howard and snap their 23-unbeaten streak?

Luongo shut-out Minnesota TWICE this season, which Schneider couldn't accomplish?

Or how about all those shoot-out wins (Luongo's biggest weakness) that single-handedly fed the Canucks at least 1 point each?

Someone on CDC said it best, "The day Roberto Luongo is most appreciated in Vancouver, is the day he is gone".

You DO realize that:

Luongo shut-out the 1st place St. Louis Blues a few weeks back? With only 1 real goal scored? 2nd one being an empty netter?

Luongo had a 100% save average in the shoot-out win on Detroit's home ice, being the only goaltender to out-duel Howard and snap their 23-unbeaten streak?

Luongo shut-out Minnesota TWICE this season, which Schneider couldn't accomplish?

Or how about all those shoot-out wins (Luongo's biggest weakness) that single-handedly fed the Canucks at least 1 point each?

Someone on CDC said it best, "The day Roberto Luongo is most appreciated in Vancouver, is the day he is gone".

This team will get blown out of the first round the way they are playing. Nowhere near acceptable in all areas of play. They have some time to turn it around. You know what, all I can say is shut the **** up and show us what you can do.

As it stands, the Canucks are nowhere near the best in the West and NOT cup contenders.

I have a feeling that this will be a very poor playoffs for them, which is disappointing after last year's run.

Ahh now if only all roads to the cup ran through Minny, we'd be set with Lou!!!!

The truth is real fans cheer for the team first, players second, and Lou is fine when he's on but when he's off he's off. I haven't seen that from Cory yet. Doesn't mean he won't slump, but that's why you see Lou taking more heat over things.

Both our goalies can win, we should be thankful to have em both instead of turning it into a contest.

By far the most boringest game i've ever watched this season.

Canucks have forgotten how to score.. secondary scoring is non existent, especially with Malhotra and Pahlsson in your lineup.

CS with another solid game, PLEASE MG DO NOT TRADE HIM.

Anyway, not too bummed about this lost, im already in Playoff mode regular season results mean nothing now.

This team has been struggling for a whole and it's finally staring to show. Sadly we can't win a game based on goaltending when we can't score against a hurting team with no future like Minnesota.

Even if we have a strong game on wed against the hawks, I still believe we need some momentum and consistency going into the playoff season.

I am curious when AV or MG will pull the alarm to get this team on track.... and hopefully not when it is too late.

Agreed, and Burrows has played with the Sedins so long now that he plays like them - which means that everything takes place on the periphery. The defence now just comes out to them and eliminates them all on the boards - like when they take a minute and a half shift near the end of the game and accomplish nothing. At least Raymond does NOT play like the Sedins, which is why that line has chimistry. You can't mix three doses of the same chemical element together and expect to get something new.

By far the most boringest game i've ever watched this season.

Canucks have forgotten how to score.. secondary scoring is non existent, especially with Malhotra and Pahlsson in your lineup.

CS with another solid game, PLEASE MG DO NOT TRADE HIM.

Anyway, not too bummed about this lost, im already in Playoff mode regular season results mean nothing now.

You must've missed the first period when the Canucks were all over the Wild but couldn't score. Harding kept flashing the leather. The Canucks faded after the late PP goal in the first. After that, Harding didn't have too many tough saves to make.

He did get first star for a reason.

I don't hate Schneider. I have said numerous times that I love the fact that we have a reliable backup. I didn't blame him for this loss. I'm just disagreeing with you that he was the best player on the ice. Harding clearly was.

Once again you have to resort to name calling and once again you are showing your juvenile mentality. Must be spring break.

Archived