Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

[Pgt] Canucks @ Wild

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
259 replies to this topic

#241 Buckeye Fruit

Buckeye Fruit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:06 AM

Meh...BFD.
Second in the West
Fourth in the league

This team has a butt load of talent...I aint even scared.

I STILL BELIEVE!!!!
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
<p>Posted Image GO FALCONS!

#242 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:08 AM

Even when Boston is playing poorly, they can come up with an 8 goal performance!

#243 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,644 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

Even when Boston is playing poorly, they can come up with an 8 goal performance!

It's Toronto.

When the Sedins were struggling very badly they still destroyed the Leafs.

They don't play defense.

#244 GSS Corp.

GSS Corp.

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:36 AM

It seems like we are too lazy to play in the regular seasons now.
Posted Image

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

#245 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:03 AM

I don't blame the Canucks one bit. I think they're smart enough to know that burning themselves out fighting the officiating isn't worth it. The NHL will get ratings from a totally fabricated race for the last playoff spots, thus every good team is in a "slump". There's no magic in why these teams are not racking up points.

Once the crap reffing comes into play, the team seems to go "It's one of those games" and just coast through it. When refs not only don't call penalties but make up calls, it's pretty obvious that very little can be done. Either you go along with it, or you send a slapper at the referee but obviously one option is going to give you a lot more trouble in the post season.

Keswho.jpg

#246 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:21 AM

We lose to a team that had lost 3 straight and is virtually eliminated from post season play....

:picard:

MIN had 1 win in their last 10.
CLB the last place team in the league, bad enough had 18 shots in the 3rd period alone against us.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#247 Canucks4always

Canucks4always

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:53 AM

If we play like that against Chicago we are going to get roasted!

Although we do seem to get the message after huge Chicago blowout wins

I'd rather see them gut out a huge team victory together, but whatever gets them out of this slump
Travel!
Live off $1 a day and love it!
Put life into real perspective!

#248 timmylu1

timmylu1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:01 AM

What really pissed me off was that Hansen penalty. Complete BS.

And now the NHL allows players getting hit in the throat? Okay....... :rolleyes:

we cant do anything about the refs. the canucks have never played bad with bad reffing thats why their pk was so good last year

Edited by timmylu1, 20 March 2012 - 03:01 AM.

#249 Canucklehead73

Canucklehead73

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:17 AM

I gotta say I'm so sick of Rome blundering offensive chances on the point... Why is he playing? sigh.

I'm not going to read 9 pages of GDT.. sorry If I am being redundant.
Go Canucks Go!

#250 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:50 AM

I'd like to think the Canucks are coasting right now, not wanting any injuries heading into the playoffs. Our position is pretty much locked up. The officiating as usual was blind tonight, the Sedins get crosschecked and get no calls will tell you what kind of game it will be.

Rome was horrible tonight, get Alberts in there but he is not much better, I really cannot wait until Ballard is allowed to play again.

Chicago is up next and I think there will be more emotion out of our boys this time around.

#251 raymond5

raymond5

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

Yeah bring bitz back to Play with the sedins. It would be a good idea but who would you take out of the line up? Bitz is just a call up not a player from the line up and we need everyone that's playing.

#252 Slim Guru 604

Slim Guru 604

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:32 AM

Everyone who says we will be out after the 1st or 2nd round should have their accounts suspended when we make it to the 3rd and then the finals. You've already made your choice.

Check out these sites, I hear they need more fans. http://flames.nhl.com/ http://oilers.nhl.com

Posted Image Posted Image

#253 raymond5

raymond5

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

I won't go to those other sites because they are Vancouver rivals. But when we do make it to one of the last rounds or finals, who will be laughing then.

#254 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,834 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

I must say that although there is the requisite amount of hand-wringing after a Canuck loss in this thread, I am surprised at the lack of blame directed at Rome for the PP goal against. (post #249 notwithstanding)

Although the Rome-Tanev pair probably shouldn't have been out there, I understand Bones giving them a chance to kill a penalty. (it is "experiment" time, after all) However, Tanev bears most of the blame on that goal, for inexplicably leaving his position in the box to go after a player who was not in a dangerous position, leaving Rome to deal with two players who were.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#255 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

With 2nd place all locked up and ~10 games remaining, I consider any game without any canuck player getting injured a success.

Are we really worried about canucks playing without heart in the playoffs? they've been waiting for playoffs more than we have if that's even possible.

#256 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:08 AM

the god who up until tonight had 0 points for buffalo since the trade?

The God decided to shine only with us. His loyalty remained a Canuck even with Buffalo. Your immaturity disgusts me. Believe in Godgson.

Posted Image

#257 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,037 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

we cant do anything about the refs. the canucks have never played bad with bad reffing thats why their pk was so good last year

Canucks aren't playing hard enough to "earn" the PP. Refs at this time of year call penalties when teams are "forcing" the play and are blatantly held up from a scoring chance. Nucks were out-chanced 20-9 last night. No wonder they didn't draw penalties.

For the Nucks it's like the perfect storom right now...D zone coverage is awful; PK is weak; PP struggling; top 6 can't generate offense; the team is unable to set the pace and instead lets the likes of Minnesota and CBJ dictate how the game will be played; Lu is slumping...

When I watch the PG videos, I see a team that is frustrated and de-moralized. It's as if they have no fire in their belly, no drive and no answers.

It could be because these games don't really mean much to them or, it could mean they are out of gas and unable to find the next gear they had all last year.

Let's hope it's the former and they get it together in time for the playoffs. If it's the latter, early exit playing like they are.

Edited by DIBdaQUIB, 20 March 2012 - 11:11 AM.

#258 Duda

Duda

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

Yeah that non call against Kesler was Brutal. I understand the ref's have put there whistles away, but comeon they got to at least call high sticking.

Doesn't help when Kes looks like he's taking a blast in the face from a 12 gauge every time. Compare it to the call when Higgins got high-sticked: he didn't look at the refs or flail about, just took the stick and then was gonna try to get back in the play.

#259 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

Doesn't help when Kes looks like he's taking a blast in the face from a 12 gauge every time. Compare it to the call when Higgins got high-sticked: he didn't look at the refs or flail about, just took the stick and then was gonna try to get back in the play.

Exactly. Whenever a player looks right at the ref right after he gets high-sticked or tripped makes me think that they sold it hard. A hard worker who is desperately going for the play would just continue on instead of looking straight at the referee.

Kesler doesn't have exactly the best reputation in the league right now based on his constant diving and selling of fake penalties. Don't be surprised when Refs don't make the call for him.

Posted Image

#260 raymond5

raymond5

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

Well at least kesler is good at drawing penalties.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.