The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Pgt] Canucks @ Wild

-Vintage Canuck-

You DO realize that:

Luongo shut-out the 1st place St. Louis Blues a few weeks back? With only 1 real goal scored? 2nd one being an empty netter?

Luongo had a 100% save average in the shoot-out win on Detroit's home ice, being the only goaltender to out-duel Howard and snap their 23-unbeaten streak?

Luongo shut-out Minnesota TWICE this season, which Schneider couldn't accomplish?

Or how about all those shoot-out wins (Luongo's biggest weakness) that single-handedly fed the Canucks at least 1 point each?

Someone on CDC said it best, "The day Roberto Luongo is most appreciated in Vancouver, is the day he is gone".

Apparenty you're a troll because you think CS is better then Lou....

Troll according to CDC - Definition

1. Someone who doesn't have a group think mentality

2. Someone who provides logical, fact based opinions vs. emotional claims (nothing wrong with being emotional about your team but being objective is important).

3. Someone who is objective

4. Someone who the regulars who are clearly an avg age of 12, think is mean ...booo...booo..meany meany you don't like lou

how is any of that even relevant to my comment? luongo has been horrible in the recent games we lost with him starting which is just fact. reciting his good performances is meaningless. i can do that for any goalie in this league. at the end of the day, luongo has a .916 sv% this seaon ranked 18th in this league on a top tier team which simply doesn't cut it.

and please don't give me the "oh numbers aren't everything" crap when you've been spewing numbers yourself.

The Chicago game will be a test, to see if the team can wake up any given morning and play at the elite level expected. I think Burrows' home is the 3rd line, after last year the bullying of the Sedins will only get worse, they need a bodyguard more than anyone in the league. I think it will bring offence to the 3rd Burrows-Phalsson- Hansen, then the twins with an alternating Kassian, Bitz, maybe Weise? Just start giving them shifts and see what clicks. Amex is baller, but Kes needs to use his linemates more.

"You must've missed the first period when the Canucks were all over the Wild but couldn't score. Harding kept flashing the leather. The Canucks faded after the late PP goal in the first. After that, Harding didn't have too many tough saves to make.

He did get first star for a reason."

Yeah, all that zone time. Scoring chances = 0. Unless you want to count those crazy sizzling wrist shots from the point without a screen. F##k you Nucks. I'm out.

And P.S. - F##k the mods on this site. I don't think I've opened a thread in a month that didn't have a lock halfway down the first page. "Just visit the completely unnavigable archive with a zillion shxtty threads." Just let a guy start a thread without searching all year for a 300 page conversation to join in on, without knowing if anyone will join. F##K you. I just want to catch a quick thread off the opening page. I don't give a F##k about some 500 page argument between 10 year olds.

F##k you Canucks. Swept in the first round without a doubt. There were 2 scoring chances (Kesler one-timer on the PP, and throwing it through the crease with one minute left). They implemented a plan to have less injuries this year, by having the puck less, and it worked, but they have no idea how to create offense anymore.

Complete suck. Luckily they have this amazing plan of living on the periphery and getting every puck back to the pea-shooter defense for a pathetic wrist shot. Good stuff guys. I wish they weren't trying, but they are givin'er. Apparently no one wanted to remind them that it is a contact sport, and the goals are scored in the F###KING MIDDLE!!!! ARRGH!!!!

Just imagine having a player that can actually shoot the puck. Real emotional game from Edler. Great wrist shots. Way to jump into the play.

Seriously, every time, enter the zone, stick to the walls and pass it back for Bieksa to let a sizzler go. Wow. Just so long as you NEVER drive the net. If that wasn't the most offensively challenged team in the league it would be 6-0.

Kiss it goodbye guys. Seriously. They have no chance.

so many sloppy plays! quite evident that they're out of it right now

Henrik should shoot more often, keep the goalies guessing; his cycling with Danny and getting it to Kes for one-timers (basically their only weapon right now :bored:) won't work if the D plugs up the front of the net on the PK and Kes faces double-teams with sticks getting in the way of one-timers and point shots

I just had a look at our march record last year and it's the complete opposite.

I just wish the team can pull it together and head into the playoffs with some confidence... and hopefully more confidence than I have towards the team right now.

Archived