The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The "officiating"

The Magician

The officiating these days is brutal. Absolutley BRUTAL. Atleast thats the common way to describe it in this second half of the season. Your really not going to call that high stick to keslers throat bull call Hansen for "goaltender interference" when it was the wilds own player that took his foot out? Are you seriouse? Howcome everyone can see this except the refs? Kesler's next shift out there is a huge red welt on his neck from the high stick. And not only today against Minnesota it seems like its everygame now. How is the team with the best PP in the NHL suppose to win if they're not calling things I can see from my house on my couch? The "Officials" are paid money every game to be honest and call the obviouse but apparently the NHL are desperate enough to hire blind people that can skate. This is the top hockey league in the world and we end up with officiating like this? Pathetic.

Oh yeah and in the playoffs when they supposedly "let it go" will be even worse than now.

Three blind mice could ref games better then these 'guys' Its just been disgusting. I know Vancouver isn't just losing because of the bad calls, but it seems to me that when a lot of these CHEAP calls go against them and obvious calls are not made against the opposing team that our boys just give up!

The officiating these days is brutal. Absolutley BRUTAL. Atleast thats the common way to describe it in this second half of the season. Your really not going to call that high stick to keslers throat bull call Hansen for "goaltender interference" when it was the wilds own player that took his foot out? Are you seriouse? Howcome everyone can see this except the refs? Kesler's next shift out there is a huge red welt on his neck from the high stick. And not only today against Minnesota it seems like its everygame now. How is the team with the best PP in the NHL suppose to win if they're not calling things I can see from my houseon my coack? The "Officials" are paid money every game to be honest and call the obviouse but apparently the NHL are desperate enough to hire blind people that can skate. This is the top hockey league in the world and we end up with officiating like this? Pathetic.

It's not poor officiating it's game management. If you ever want to isolate an example of it look at the Hansen call tonight.

EDIT: and for the record the game management affects a lot more than Vancouver, and yes sometimes it works in our favour too. This isn't a "the refs screwed us and they always screw us" thing. Tonight, undeniably didn't go in the Canucks favour but the real question should be why has the NHL fallen to the NBA's level?

The officiating these days is brutal. Absolutley BRUTAL. Atleast thats the common way to describe it in this second half of the season. Your really not going to call that high stick to keslers throat bull call Hansen for "goaltender interference" when it was the wilds own player that took his foot out? Are you seriouse? Howcome everyone can see this except the refs? Kesler's next shift out there is a huge red welt on his neck from the high stick. And not only today against Minnesota it seems like its everygame now. How is the team with the best PP in the NHL suppose to win if they're not calling things I can see from my house on my coack? The "Officials" are paid money every game to be honest and call the obviouse but apparently the NHL are desperate enough to hire blind people that can skate. This is the top hockey league in the world and we end up with officiating like this? Pathetic.

It is especially consistently bad this year. If the NHL wants to know why there is a lack of goals this year, it's because there are no power plays. I'm not going to say its a 'conspiracy', but when its league-wide, I am assuming there is something going on in the background. Whatever is going on, I can honestly say that it is detracting from the fun of watching, I'm chronically more angry at the refs then I am enjoying the game. It just feels so 'managed', and not spontaneous.

Yeah the Refing hasn't been great this year but they haven't cost us any games, weve been getting outworked and outplayed and Im done making excuses for them, they gotta get back to form, I don't see us getting eliminated in the 1st if we don't but I could easily see whoever we play really take it to us in the 1st game of the playoffs if we don't get back to our regular habits.

Archived