The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The "officiating"

The Magician

Stop making excuses, we didn't deserve to win this game.

And how do they play "Stingy Defence" they aren't they way Nashville used to be, they made a push this Off-season to encorperate more of an offensive style with them getting Heatly, Setoguchi, and then trading the Defensive Minded Schultz for more of an 2 Way, Offensive/Powerplay Guy in Gilbert, not to mention 4 of there D are 23 and under.

Our Veteran Players should be able to pick to pick apart there inexperianced D like we have in the Past, They outplayed us stop making excuses for our poor play because we haven't deserved to win many of our games lately.

Players aside from our team have also noticed the brutal officiating. It's a reoccuring theme amongst the whole league, not just our team. It really goes to show how brutal these refs are if other players are coming out and openly talking about the officiating.

Bobby Ryan: "It’s been horrendous from an inconsistent standpoint. You almost don’t know what you get. You gotta wave a white towel almost. It’s upsetting. It is what it is."

this league is a joke for its officials. the referees interpretation changes from night to night.

its a joke. at least with a quick review they would get it right and not ruin games.

every game is different their seems to be zero consistancy or standards.

makes it hard to take the sport seriously

Those refs literally gave that game to Minny. I've laid off the officiating but that was pathetic and unforgivable. High-sticking on Bieksa, no call. High-sticking on Kesler, no call. Heatley starts a ruckus but Burrows somehow gets the only extra penalty, the game's only goal is the result. Some guy breaks his stick cross-checking Burrows, no call. Slash the stick outta Kesler's hands, no call. All kinds of obstruction and interference, no calls. Possibly the most boring game all season with Minny dumping it down the ice without even attempting to tip it at the redline. No attempt by the officials to do anything to even try and open things up a little. A pathetic goalie interference call at the end to prevent any chance of anything interesting happening. Completely indefensible. Either they were trying to screw us as bad as they could, or they are the most incompetent crew to ever work a game. If this is what Hockey Ops wants to see, they need to get the hell out. This sort of garbage is all but unwatchable.

Are you kidding me?? That epic kick trip on Sedin in the last few seconds cost us a 6-4 powerplay. That 'mistake' led to the 2-0 goal and possibly the game. In fact, every single non call during the entire game may end up being the one that costs us. Whatever the case, the game has lost its spontaneity and the 'game management' is making sure good teams have to play extra hard to win while getting beaten up in the process. Its no longer who has a better team, its who can exploit the rules/refs the best in any given game.

This is no longer a conspiracy against the Canucks. This is league-wide. That's what makes it so alarming. The fact that it is LEAGUE-WIDE. These are supposed to be the best officials in the world. As soon as their consistency goes out the window, so too does their credibility.

To those saying that Vancouver should grow a pair and be able to play through it, I call BS. The calls should be consistent, night in and night out. The game situation should not be dictating what gets called and what does not. Tying into the Boston series last June, if the Canucks had gotten the calls against the Bruins they deserved to get and still lost, we would have nothing to complain about (other than the fact that we lost, and be mad about like every losing team is every year in June). To not get the calls makes the whole 2010-2011 season feel cheap. Like we all got cheated out of our money. Not just us Canucks fans. All fans. Throughout the NHL. That's what everyone should be pissed at, and that's why people should stop giving the NHL any of their money until this gets cleaned up.

I'll be honest. I'm a huge Canucks fan. I have been ever since I was 6, when I started watching at the beginning of the 1994 playoffs. I care enough that I can't watch the end of a Canucks loss because I'm in such a horrible mood the rest of the night (regardless of it being a regualr season or playoff game). But I am getting to the point where I just can't watch anymore. I turned tonight's game off right after Burrows got handed the extra penalty near the end of the first. I knew what was going to happen. The Canucks were going to get called for stupid stuff, like love-taps to the shins, and single glove punches that so many other teams seem to get away with on us. At the same time, Minnesota was going to get away with blatantly obvious infractions. The odd call would be made so as to keep up the appearance that the games are being called fairly.

I'm constantly finiding myself more pissed at the officials than the Canucks play, regardless of the score.

Did the refs suck today? Yes same as every other day, now the big question is: Did Canucks suck today same as for the past two months or so? Yes they did...

The conclusion is to play better and show up and put up a fight regardless if the calls go one way or the other... The pp goal was really really weak and honestly from a weak shot, but with some luck it managed to squeeze through, so why mourn this instead of coming out the next two periods???

This is the reason I admire Toews, the guy keeps trying even when his team is behind a

few goals and that's why they came back and won games instead of mourning a fw bad calls and quit. For some reason it doesn't seem like we have this kind of leadership or the proper coaching staff to make some small adjustments and get some energy from the players...

Burrows sticks up for the Sedins and gets a weak, weak penalty. WHERE THE frack WAS THAT CALL IN THE FINALS?!?! People say the Canucks need to stick up for themselves, but whenever we stick up for ourselves we get a penalty. No chance in hell that a Bruin player would ever end up with a penatly like Burrows just served in this game. unbelievable.

The officiating these days is brutal. Absolutley BRUTAL. Atleast thats the common way to describe it in this second half of the season. Your really not going to call that high stick to keslers throat bull call Hansen for "goaltender interference" when it was the wilds own player that took his foot out? Are you seriouse? Howcome everyone can see this except the refs? Kesler's next shift out there is a huge red welt on his neck from the high stick. And not only today against Minnesota it seems like its everygame now. How is the team with the best PP in the NHL suppose to win if they're not calling things I can see from my house on my couch? The "Officials" are paid money every game to be honest and call the obviouse but apparently the NHL are desperate enough to hire blind people that can skate. This is the top hockey league in the world and we end up with officiating like this? Pathetic.

Oh yeah and in the playoffs when they supposedly "let it go" will be even worse than now.

Burrows sticks up for the Sedins and gets a weak, weak penalty. WHERE THE frack WAS THAT CALL IN THE FINALS?!?! People say the Canucks need to stick up for themselves, but whenever we stick up for ourselves we get a penalty. No chance in hell that a Bruin player would ever end up with a penatly like Burrows just served in this game. unbelievable.

Did the refs suck today? Yes same as every other day, now the big question is: Did Canucks suck today same as for the past two months or so? Yes they did...

The conclusion is to play better and show up and put up a fight regardless if the calls go one way or the other... The pp goal was really really weak and honestly from a weak shot, but with some luck it managed to squeeze through, so why mourn this instead of coming out the next two periods???

This is the reason I admire Toews, the guy keeps trying even when his team is behind a

few goals and that's why they came back and won games instead of mourning a fw bad calls and quit. For some reason it doesn't seem like we have this kind of leadership or the proper coaching staff to make some small adjustments and get some energy from the players...

Those refs literally gave that game to Minny. I've laid off the officiating but that was pathetic and unforgivable. High-sticking on Bieksa, no call. High-sticking on Kesler, no call. Heatley starts a ruckus but Burrows somehow gets the only extra penalty, the game's only goal is the result. Some guy breaks his stick cross-checking Burrows, no call. Slash the stick outta Kesler's hands, no call. All kinds of obstruction and interference, no calls. Possibly the most boring game all season with Minny dumping it down the ice without even attempting to tip it at the redline. No attempt by the officials to do anything to even try and open things up a little. A pathetic goalie interference call at the end to prevent any chance of anything interesting happening. Completely indefensible. Either they were trying to screw us as bad as they could, or they are the most incompetent crew to ever work a game. If this is what Hockey Ops wants to see, they need to get the hell out. This sort of garbage is all but unwatchable.

this league is a joke for its officials. the referees interpretation changes from night to night.

its a joke. at least with a quick review they would get it right and not ruin games.

every game is different their seems to be zero consistancy or standards.

makes it hard to take the sport seriously

It is bad league wide. Obsturction is allowed again, and not just in Canucks games.

We lost a year of hockey,and got promised a new wide open game with parody in the league. Now we have obstruction, and major markets have dominated the league.

Archived