The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Only Answer Left

nucks4sure

The only thing that hasn't been tried is a coaching change.Yes,I would rather take the reigns of this team out of AV's hands before the playoffs because I can guarantee along with most fans that the Canucks will not get out of the 1st round.

Here are a list of things that have not changed in a very long time.

Daniel and Henrik have become so predictable that at this point there is not anybody that can play with them.Burrows tonight looked horrible compared to his 3rd line play the previous 2 games.The twins big move is to cycle and then slide the puck back to the point and then stand against the boards hoping the defense can score.I am pretty sure that is AV's system,you have nothing,move it to the point and flip it at the net.

The second line is Booth and Higgins.Kesler absolutely plays by himself.I can't begin to count the number of times he has crossed the blueline with either of his linemates and just puts a wristshot on net that doesn't have a snowballs chance or else he trys to skate thru half the opposition and turns it over.AV just lets him play however he feels rather than bench his ass if he can`t play with his wingers.

Tonight was a perfect example of AV`s eneptitude.Is Booth not the best go to the net with the puck guy on the team.Alaine plasters his arse to the bench while we watch the hapless twins and Burrows completely pi$$ away the extra man advantage with the goalie pulled by because they over pass the puck and run out the clock.

If the 4th line is told to dump and chase then why in the hell aren`t they out against the 3rd line of the opposition so they can at least hit the hell out of them.If they have possesion and AV doesn`t trust them and makes them throw it away every bloody time then at least make them throw some big hits.Who knows,it may energize the team.Just skating around for the sake of running down the clock is all good if you have the lead.Why in the hell was the 4th line taking regular shifts late in the game when the team was down`.

Malhotra on the 3rd line is obviously a bad idea.If his sole job is to take defensive zone face offs then the 4th line is all he needs.

Finally,if a coach is wash machining his lines and still trying to find something that works 70 goddamn games into the season with basically a fully healthy team and still seems lost,call the fat lady and have her singing before the curtain is even raised,this team is done.I`ll say it again,remove Av before the playoffs because he has lost it and he`ll take them out in the 1st round.A new coach that will force this team to drive and crash the net is whats required,not one that likes to overhandle the puck like AV.Why is it his most over used system is to gain the zone,move the puck low behind the net(cause that`s where all the goals in the NHL are scored from,right Alaine)allow the opposition to get back and create a box,then have nothing left but to pass it to the D for a shot from literally the blueline cause god help them if they slid 10 fett closer to the net.There are 2 results,the puck is blocked and never gets thru,or like tonight,Minnie just boxed everyone out and let the goalie see everything and he make easy saves.

Grow a pair Gillis or this team will pi$$ away another year of playoffs with this core group.

The only thing that hasn't been tried is a coaching change.Yes,I would rather take the reigns of this team out of AV's hands before the playoffs because I can guarantee along with most fans that the Canucks will not get out of the 1st round.

Here are a list of things that have not changed in a very long time.

Daniel and Henrik have become so predictable that at this point there is not anybody that can play with them.Burrows tonight looked horrible compared to his 3rd line play the previous 2 games.The twins big move is to cycle and then slide the puck back to the point and then stand against the boards hoping the defense can score.I am pretty sure that is AV's system,you have nothing,move it to the point and flip it at the net.

The second line is Booth and Higgins.Kesler absolutely plays by himself.I can't begin to count the number of times he has crossed the blueline with either of his linemates and just puts a wristshot on net that doesn't have a snowballs chance or else he trys to skate thru half the opposition and turns it over.AV just lets him play however he feels rather than bench his ass if he can`t play with his wingers.

Tonight was a perfect example of AV`s eneptitude.Is Booth not the best go to the net with the puck guy on the team.Alaine plasters his arse to the bench while we watch the hapless twins and Burrows completely pi$$ away the extra man advantage with the goalie pulled by because they over pass the puck and run out the clock.

If the 4th line is told to dump and chase then why in the hell aren`t they out against the 3rd line of the opposition so they can at least hit the hell out of them.If they have possesion and AV doesn`t trust them and makes them throw it away every bloody time then at least make them throw some big hits.Who knows,it may energize the team.Just skating around for the sake of running down the clock is all good if you have the lead.Why in the hell was the 4th line taking regular shifts late in the game when the team was down`.

Malhotra on the 3rd line is obviously a bad idea.If his sole job is to take defensive zone face offs then the 4th line is all he needs.

Finally,if a coach is wash machining his lines and still trying to find something that works 70 goddamn games into the season with basically a fully healthy team and still seems lost,call the fat lady and have her singing before the curtain is even raised,this team is done.I`ll say it again,remove Av before the playoffs because he has lost it and he`ll take them out in the 1st round.A new coach that will force this team to drive and crash the net is whats required,not one that likes to overhandle the puck like AV.Why is it his most over used system is to gain the zone,move the puck low behind the net(cause that`s where all the goals in the NHL are scored from,right Alaine)allow the opposition to get back and create a box,then have nothing left but to pass it to the D for a shot from literally the blueline cause god help them if they slid 10 fett closer to the net.There are 2 results,the puck is blocked and never gets thru,or like tonight,Minnie just boxed everyone out and let the goalie see everything and he make easy saves.

Grow a pair Gillis or this team will pi$$ away another year of playoffs with this core group.

Dude, MG grew a pair already by pulling off that blockbuster trade on trade deadline!!! lol

Hmm,

Burrows doesnt look good with Sedins...he looked better on third line, he makes our third line way better especially since we dont have coho anymore.

On PP, we need to SHOOT THE DAMN PUCK. All we do is, pass, pass, pass, another pass, another pass, D shoots, gets blocked, start again...pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, point shot, gets blocked or goes wide and cleared...pp over. Pathetic.

I disagree, the second line is passing more than they ever used to...but were quiet tonight (cant really blame them, the team didnt show up...the amt of shots dont matter because none of them were dangerous, quality chances.)

All 4 lines didnt really play well.

AV needs to juggle lines because we arent getting the "offence" we already had a lot of.

I think we big now, but took a blow offensively and we may not want to admit just yet. But will have to soon from the way things are going.

I wish it would happen now but it won't. We have to suffer through another disappointment in the post season until this fool of a coach is canned. There's a silver lining with this years playoffs atleast. Either Canucks win the cup or AV is gone. I'm fine with either

Also, I dont think there is anybody out there that would be as good or better than AV?

Too late, very few games left, I dont expect a coaching change.

If there is one, it will be after a terrible playoff run or a first round exit.

If the team thinks skill is better than size and think they were better off with cody hodgson then maybe a manager change?

Defence coach can also be looked at...So yeah. Who knows what will happen to the Vancouver Canucks if they blow the postseason.

My money is in Rick Boneheadness, defence sucks - Defense coach =Rick Boneheadness.

The game game has passed this old school coach by, lots of qualified-candidates AHL WHL, OHL, etc.

Av is the leader granted, but not the main fault, he is a good coach.

Sedins light up the poweplays but don't play well under 5 vs 5 pressure.

As the season gets later and the PP's dry up, the Sedins effectiveness is diminished.

Sad to see it but it is happening once again.

Put the Sedins on the 2nd line but first set of powerplay

Is it AV's fault the twins have disappeared? What happened to Hansen? We won't even talk about Raymond. Kassian has been thrown to the wolves even though his projected ETA as a top 6 player is still a few years away. HUGE level of expectations on his shoulders when he clearly isn't ready to contribute in the manner the Canucks need if they plan on hoisting that cup this summer. And, I'm not so sure about this years' D core as compared to last years' when healthy.

AV can juggle all the lines he wants, but, if the players themselves aren't performing when they draw in, how is that the coach's fault? Luongo is a prime example of that. Maybe this team is coasting until the playoffs AND trying to find some chemistry with one another before they get there, I don't know. It's not a winning combination whatever they're doing, and THESE are the times when a true "team leader" is needed as captain, especially in the dressing room. I believe one of the hosts on the Team referred to it as "taking ownership", and I would agree. The level of play on the ice has to begin with the right mentality in the room before they get there. Once again, the Canucks don't seem to have that killer instinct and don't have a clue as how to go about getting it.

They better get it sorted before 5pm Wednesday.

Archived