The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Only Answer Left

nucks4sure

Oh how quickly allegiances are thrown to the wind ... Come on people, get real! Yes, AV's hands-off, withdrawn strategy may rub some people the wrong way, but look at this guy's track record with our team throughout his tenure here (5 seasons/4 div crowns). He's had our Canucks among the league's elite for the better part of a decade!

Certainly,the team has run up on hard times of late for whatever reason (fatigue, nothing to play for, opponents more desperate) but I am NOT convinced that it is because the coach has lost the locker room. Until then (or if we are ran out of the playoffs in the first round) AV stays. He and this team have earned our trust and faith through trying times.

My money is in Rick Boneheadness, defence sucks - Defense coach =Rick Boneheadness.

The game game has passed this old school coach by, lots of qualified-candidates AHL WHL, OHL, etc.

Av is the leader granted, but not the main fault, he is a good coach.

defence was horrible at the point tonight

the first line stunk

second line stun

manny was crap on the third line

weise was crap on the fourth line

I have a solution i would play lapierre kassian and hansen that is the closest thing to the raffi torres lapierre and hansen line which was unstoppable in the playoffs last year

Listen,for all you luongo and av haters you guys should be rooting for te nucks to collapse in the 1st round. If that happens I will guarantee you luo and av will be gone.

I'm not a hater. I love both,but for you haters,I don't get it. You want both to be gone and that will happen if we choke.

I personally don't understand why everyone is hating on AV, just because we are not winning a lot at the moment? I mean we have had worse losing streaks before and we didn't fire him then. I personally believe that when it comes to the actual game a coach can only do so much, during the game it is up to the decisions that each player makes which can have either a positive or negative effect.

If Coach V were to get fired at the end of the season, I wouldn't really care but everyone needs calm down a bit.

Also about the poor play of the team, I think the blame should be spread over all 3 coaches and not just one. AV doesn't control the PP or whatever it is that Rick Bowness does (don't really like him). Also I think all this team needs is that ONE PLAY which can turn the team around, like back when Burrows scored against the Hurricanes with only 1 minute left, and it being SH. That was the one play that really turned the team around then and something like that will spark this team and send us into the playoffs with a lot of confidence.

Archived